Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. (/showthread.php?tid=10016)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - simmo - 02-09-2008

BLACKZOOK Wrote:Heidi,
Bring the Buels to Sydney the Friday before we go and I will fit them it only takes half an hour.

Geepers you know whats going to happed when we get together AGAIN Pi_freak

RE: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - rave - 03-09-2008

Dam this is gona be one hell of a trip by the sounds of it! good luck Very Happy

RE: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - motoplast - 03-09-2008

I wish I could get the time to go :(.
Simmo, H.L. Protectors are in, I will give u a roll of some trick tape that can do a myriad of things, from repairing radiator hoses to wrapping up electrical wire. Share the parts and tools amongst the three bikes. The paint skins for the K8 are a bloody good idea, just prior to going to Gold Coast bike (Harley) week I went for a quick squirt up the Oxley and Dorrigo etc, my 'Busa is peppered with stone chips, through the stickers and all, they don't paint them like they used to! so a respray or an Insurance claim coming up!. Rad guards are a must. Any other advice just ask me or Davo'. Watch for 'Roo's everywhere, particularly 'Isa through to Camooweal, sheep on the Northern end of the West coast etc. Above all, enjoy!

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy

RE: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - simmo - 03-09-2008

Cheers Tex you have a PM

RE: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - Heidi1 - 03-09-2008

Geepers you know whats going to happed when we get together AGAIN

This is going to be a LOONG trip if that is what happens each time. Bruce, thanks for the offer, but I have the shirts with myself for being such a dickhead, not being able to work stuff out. I'm thinking of going 'oldschool' and stuff all the extras!

Only 10 more sleeps Egyptian

RE: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - Heidi1 - 03-09-2008

I'm going home the long way every night now, getting into TRAINING!!

I'm going to buy a 2x2 tarp as well. Worst case, I can wrap myself in it like a sausage roll. There are a LOT of uses for a tarp.

Heidi your H.L. Protector is in do you want me to pick it up

RE: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - Heidi1 - 04-09-2008

Did I order a HL protector? I think I already have one in the shed (although it is probably with the sprocket I can't find). If I ordered it, pick it up and I'll drop the money in your account, otherwise leave it and I'll find the one I already have.

RE: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - Missy_Moo - 04-09-2008

Can anybody tell me about the paint skins? brand name, price.... I think I'd like to put some of these on the bike, protect against the stone chips.

RE: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - Heidi1 - 04-09-2008

The one I had was on for five minutes before I ripped it off. Aparently you can get full body kits for most bikes, but I don't know what they are called. Personally, I think it looks a bit like having a plastic cover on the couch, but others disagree. Have a look at someone else's before you pay the $160ish for a body kit.

Yeah cheers I will 'ave a look'. But somepeople get off on that plastic couch look....

RE: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - simmo - 04-09-2008

3m makes them or 3m is used
http://www.cleararmour.com.au

Try this Paul I met him last month at the drags in Qld nice bloke, tell him simmo on the blue 08 busa that met him at qld drags put you on to him & don't for get the discount Pi_thumbsup

RE: Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure. - simmo - 04-09-2008

Ps try and get him to fit the stuff, its a bugger of stuff to put on

ps 8 more sleeps,

Also I have had a few call about making a convoy on our way out of Sydney on Saturday morning heading out over buckets way towards the Oxley hy we will post details later on starting point if anyone else is interested

We are looking to be some where in Qld Saturday night

Thanks Simmo, I'll have a look after I eat dinner and then probably get onto your mate.

Doubt he'd pop in to Mackay.... but I have plenty of go in me & patience.

Darn Saturday night I'm working 7pm to 7am sunday....If your in Mackay give me a bell - maybe its a nice quiet night and nobody is sick....(one can only hope)

0409 849 526