Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Shredded tyre - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Shredded tyre (/showthread.php?tid=12919)

Pages: 1 2

Shredded tyre - Lucky 85 - 01-08-2009

Went for a ride today planned to ride 220k's but after 110k's I thought the road was getting bad but when I stopped for a drink I noticed the tyre was down to the steel belt. Bike has only got 5000k's on it and the tyre is U/S. Can any one suggest a harder compound tyre that will last longer? What tyres are other riders using?

RE: Shredded tyre - Rev - 01-08-2009

5000....................Action-smiley-083 not bad.......Michelin ?

RE: Shredded tyre - LOAFIE - 01-08-2009

5000k is not uncommon with softer tyres, i use Bridgestone BT15 front and BT21 rear and they suit my riding style ( flat out and out of control ) giving great grip and double rear tyre life approx 12000ks.

RE: Shredded tyre - CeeJay07 - 01-08-2009

Checking the bike before you go for a ride is a good habit to get into. It usually eliminates those surprises being discovered when you are a long way from home.Scary

RE: Shredded tyre - Lucky 85 - 02-08-2009

Its the standard bridgestone that comes with the bike and I only notice wheel spin after I have put in 41 psi. The roads are not in the best condition here in country W.A and I did check the tyre before going out but there are no depth markers on the tyres so I did'n notice the steel until after the event. Was not a good look seeing the busa being carried home on the BT-50 after my missus had to come pick me up Embarassed.

RE: Shredded tyre - simmo - 02-08-2009

Bridgestone 021 by 200
& stop doing momo's Pi_thumbsup

RE: Shredded tyre - LOAFIE - 02-08-2009

(02-08-2009, 07:00pm)simmo Wrote: Bridgestone 021 by 200

They dont come in 200 anymore and i think Simmo means monos Idiot2

RE: Shredded tyre - simmo - 02-08-2009

(02-08-2009, 07:10pm)LOAFIE Wrote:
Monos that would be it Read
Bugger, I'm only half up to speed on drag tires Pi_freak

RE: Shredded tyre - Rev004 - 02-08-2009

(02-08-2009, 12:23am)Lucky 85 Wrote: Its the standard bridgestone that comes with the bike and I only notice wheel spin after I have put in 41 psi. The roads are not in the best condition here in country W.A and I did check the tyre before going out but there are no depth markers on the tyres so I did'n notice the steel until after the event. Was not a good look seeing the busa being carried home on the BT-50 after my missus had to come pick me up Embarassed.

Good on ya Lucky, if you ask me it's to much of that straight line riding and I'm sure you would of had a burn out in there somewhere. So cure would be to try and lean the bike over so you wear out your sides instead of the middle. Oh by the way travelling at warp speed on those straight roads won't help either.

Lol3 Cheers Rev004

RE: Shredded tyre - Lucky 85 - 03-08-2009

Yes I suppose the straight line riding does tend to wear the tyre in the middle and yes I left court a couple of months ago with the shits on after a bad dicission against mePi_thumbsdown and might have lit up the back tyre a bitPi_thumbsup. The good news is will have a new tyre ready for the aniversary run in December which I am really looking forward to as the roads are way better down thereYes.
As for the mono's I can only dream of doing that. From previous experience doing them I dirt bikes I tend to push the limits and go too far ending up on my ass. I have had it up on the back wheel a couple of times but that was only from pulling the trottle on too fast Scary.

RE: Shredded tyre - BUSGO - 03-08-2009

I have found that the fastest way to shred a good tyre is to ride fast on those stupid concrete freeways. I avoid them whenever I can.
Concrete and soft rubber just do not go well together, especially if you give it a bit of a squirt when overtaking etc.
The rubber just peels off.

RE: Shredded tyre - Lucky 85 - 04-08-2009

(03-08-2009, 07:50pm)BUSGO Wrote: I have found that the fastest way to shred a good tyre is to ride fast on those stupid concrete freeways. I avoid them whenever I can.
Concrete and soft rubber just do not go well together, especially if you give it a bit of a squirt when overtaking etc.
The rubber just peels off.

I have gone for 2 compound Michelin. It is going to cost 320 plus 50 to fit. The roads in Kalgoorlie and surrounding areas are really straight and you do not get many corners so the middle of the trye is always getting hammered.

RE: Shredded tyre - gggsxr11 - 17-08-2009

yep same thing happened to me stopped to let everyone gather up and glanced at my rear tyre and there was BHP finest work,just ask shredder he saw it.i have trouble trying to keep back tyres up to mine ,now on pilot power's.but i notice they even come apart.check the rubber breaking off after a twisty ride around somerset dam last weekend.

RE: Shredded tyre - CeeJay07 - 20-08-2009

A mate of mine uses the 2CT Michelins on his 2001 Fireblade...he usually gets around 5000-7000klms out of the rear but the last couple has only just nudged 4000klms. He hasn't changed his riding style at all and he suspects the compounds are changing. The only difference is he has just had a Power Commander fitted etc....he says if anything the bike is a lot smoother tha it used to be. Another point is that there can't be a great difference in the 2 compounds otherwise the tyre would wear a shoulder on both edged of the centre rib. It sounds like a great idea, but I think it's more of a marketing ploy. Just corner more and forget the straight line stuff (it's boring as shit anyway).
(20-08-2009, 06:16pm)CJ03 Wrote: A mate of mine uses the 2CT Michelins on his 2001 Fireblade...he usually gets around 5000-7000klms out of the rear but the last couple has only just nudged 4000klms. He hasn't changed his riding style at all and he suspects the compounds are changing. The only difference is he has just had a Power Commander fitted etc....he says if anything the bike is a lot smoother than it used to be. Another point is that there can't be a great difference in the 2 compounds otherwise the tyre would wear a shoulder on both edges of the centre rib. It sounds like a great idea, but I think it's more of a marketing ploy. Just corner more and forget the straight line stuff (it's boring as shit anyway).

RE: Shredded tyre - simmo - 20-08-2009

(02-08-2009, 07:10pm)LOAFIE Wrote:

Just got my hands on a 020 by 200 Trophy