Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Group ride to Tathra - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: Group ride to Tathra (/showthread.php?tid=13885)

Pages: 1 2

Group ride to Tathra - Heidi1 - 26-11-2009

Let's work out how to get to Tathra and who we are picking up along the way. For those of you who haven't ridden in a flock of busa before, it is one hell of an experience! Specially when people call the cops because they don't like where you parked DRILLER, SHREDDER, SIMMO, AND THE REST OF YOU LUNATICS!!

I've heard the Sydney mob are going Bathurst, Oberon, Goulbourne, Cooma, Tathra. Canberra mob will catch them at Cooma, probably a bit after lunch (guess at this stage).

Sydney mob, you work out where your meet points are and what time. Anyone who is somewhere on that route, put your hand up now so we can pick a spot. The Canberra Cousins aren't too hard to round up, we can probably do it on the fly.

Time to get excited. I'm getting a new rear tyre in anticipation. Pi_thumbsup

RE: Group ride to Tathra - Ward P - 26-11-2009

Depending on what time we get away, with a bit of "low flying" over the mountains, should be through Cooma just after midday.
(You are talking Friday??)

RE: Group ride to Tathra - bazman - 26-11-2009

(26-11-2009, 08:55pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Let's work out how to get to Tathra and who we are picking up along the way. For those of you who haven't ridden in a flock of busa before, it is one hell of an experience! Specially when people call the cops because they don't like where you parked DRILLER, SHREDDER, SIMMO, AND THE REST OF YOU LUNATICS!!

I've heard the Sydney mob are going Bathurst, Oberon, Goulbourne, Cooma, Tathra. Canberra mob will catch them at Cooma, probably a bit after lunch (guess at this stage).

Sydney mob, you work out where your meet points are and what time. Anyone who is somewhere on that route, put your hand up now so we can pick a spot. The Canberra Cousins aren't too hard to round up, we can probably do it on the fly.

Time to get excited. I'm getting a new rear tyre in anticipation. Pi_thumbsup

Hey Heidi,
I'm gonna be down there one day ahead of the pack....to warn all the locals of the impending stampede......or maybe juz to put my name on all the bourbon bottles behind the bar !! Pi_thumbsup
If you can gimme a rough ETA, i might be able to have the vid cam ready to catch your glorious arrival.....BikerBikerBikerBiker

RE: Group ride to Tathra - Heidi1 - 26-11-2009

Send me your phone number Baz, I'll sms you from Cooma (or wherever we stop the last time before Tathra). Until we know what time that slack Sydney mob is likely to leave (and drinking all those lattes takes AGES, not to mention doing their HAIR), I can't give you a solid time. My guess is usually around 4pm arrival.

Ward, my guess is Cooma around 2, just basing that on previous years. Send me your phone number as well, and call me when you hit Cooma. I'll be the flight controller, so I'll be in touch with the Sydney mob and anyone they are picking up on the road. I'll call or sms when we leave Canberra, so you'll have an idea of how where we are.

P.S. Yes, FRIDAY!

Heidi,
PM sent !
baz.
Coolsmiley

Got it, but at those prices, you'd better be GOOD!

No, buggerit, GREAT!

(26-11-2009, 09:27pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Got it, but at those prices, you'd better be GOOD!

No, buggerit, GREAT!

ConfusedUndecidedLol3

OH I'M EXCITED!! The SA mob is going to meet us at Cooma!! WHOO HOO! Can't wait to see Greeny again, devo King62 wont be with them.

New plan, marshalling in Cooma at 1pm for lunch, we'll wait til 2pm for stragglers. Simmo, you'd better keep that Sydney mob on the move. Patch up and show them the 100kms to breakfast and ride for fuel plan, that'll get some kms under your belt.

For those who haven't been there before, Cooma is just one main street. First people there find a cafe and park out the front so everyone else can find you. Fuel up before you stop for lunch, once we are ready, we will be OFF!

RE: Group ride to Tathra - Greeny_SA - 26-11-2009

(26-11-2009, 09:13pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Send me your phone number Baz, I'll sms you from Cooma (or wherever we stop the last time before Tathra). Until we know what time that slack Sydney mob is likely to leave (and drinking all those lattes takes AGES, not to mention doing their HAIR), I can't give you a solid time. My guess is usually around 4pm arrival.

Ward, my guess is Cooma around 2, just basing that on previous years. Send me your phone number as well, and call me when you hit Cooma. I'll be the flight controller, so I'll be in touch with the Sydney mob and anyone they are picking up on the road. I'll call or sms when we leave Canberra, so you'll have an idea of how where we are.

P.S. Yes, FRIDAY!

The SA crew will be in Cooma by 1 pm See you all there.( by crew read 3 ).

S'ok, the Canberra mob is 3 as well. DO we get extra points for having almost the entire state represented by riders? If we can get Dan to join us we might just get that trophy!

RE: Group ride to Tathra - Madmax - 26-11-2009

(26-11-2009, 09:59pm)Heidi1 Wrote: S'ok, the Canberra mob is 3 as well. DO we get extra points for having almost the entire state represented by riders? If we can get Dan to join us we might just get that trophy!

Any of the Sydney riders coming through Canberra? The pack ride from Canberra to Cooma last time was ORSOME!!!

RE: Group ride to Tathra - keno77 - 27-11-2009

i'm just gonna head down the princes hwy. probably leave nowra after brekky so there around lunch depending on roadworks. see yas there

RE: Group ride to Tathra - Ward P - 27-11-2009

(26-11-2009, 09:13pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Ward, Send me your phone number as well, and call me when you hit Cooma. I'll be the flight controller, so I'll be in touch with the Sydney mob and anyone they are picking up on the road. I'll call or sms when we leave Canberra, so you'll have an idea of how where we are.

P.S. Yes, FRIDAY!

0419 691210
Just don't give it out, it's private. I don't want those idiots that drunk dial to get it . . . Oh, hang on, that'd be me.Idiot2
(now, are you game to SMS me your number?)

- will work on getting to Tathra @ 1pm. - is it the cafe on the corner opposite the park? Haven't been there in a long time. -

RE: Group ride to Tathra - motoplast - 27-11-2009

May I suggest the East End Cafe, (your hosts: Al & Di) it's the cafe on ur left as u are coming into town from Canberra end just before the first roundabout. They are M/C friendly, top people and do an awsome feed!.
Who is organising the Sydney riders, when? where? time? and are we going to make a ride of it?.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy

RE: Group ride to Tathra - steventh - 27-11-2009

Folks,

What is the start time and point for the Sydney contingent? Bruce and i are Sydney based and would like to join soemwhere en route?

A couple of Sydney mnetro way points would be good.

Cheers

Steventh