Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
How good is Rossi - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: How good is Rossi (/showthread.php?tid=18339)

Pages: 1 2

How good is Rossi - Greeny_SA - 22-12-2011

http://vimeo.com/32756097

RE: How good is Rossi - tomrux - 22-12-2011

Not good enough to ride a ducati, apparently.

Tom R

RE: How good is Rossi - BusaJim - 22-12-2011

(22-12-2011, 05:03pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: http://vimeo.com/32756097

Love to see him on a Busa. Trophy

Jim

RE: How good is Rossi - BEAU - 22-12-2011

(22-12-2011, 05:53pm)BusaJim Wrote:

Jim

Or see him tryin do the IOM TT, cause, oh no it's to scary for me but I'm ment to be the best (Gay arse) racer of all time. And I'll quit if I can't win.. sook sook.
(22-12-2011, 06:39pm)BJK1 Wrote:
(22-12-2011, 05:53pm)BusaJim Wrote:

Jim

Or see him tryin do the IOM TT, cause, oh no it's to scary for me but I'm ment to be the best (Gay arse) racer of all time. And I'll quit if I can't win.. sook sook.

That's my little outburst over for today.

RE: How good is Rossi - pan - 22-12-2011

Yeh, he's pretty good, but recent evidence would suggest Stoner is better...

RE: How good is Rossi - Madmax - 23-12-2011

Stoner was able to win races on the Duck, Rossi was struggling to finish, Stoner rules!

RE: How good is Rossi - Rev004 - 23-12-2011

(23-12-2011, 12:06am)Madmax Wrote: Stoner was able to win races on the Duck, Rossi was struggling to finish, Stoner rules!

+ 1

I also saw an interview with Michael Doohan when he made an interesting comment which I thought was quite funny

Rossi may have one the Psychological Battles but Stoner may have one the War..Especially after the last 12mths.

I think Rossi has been made eat his words a little it wasn't that long ago that Rossi was saying the Stoner wasn't riding the Ducati hard enough I'd like to hear what he would have to say if someone asked him about that comment now..

RE: How good is Rossi - Rubberman - 23-12-2011

not sure if this has been posted but here it isfor those who havent read it.

Casey Stoner is owed a collective apology by the MotoGP world, according to one of the sport's most respected figures.

Carlo Pernat, the former Aprilia sporting director and first man to sign superstar Valentino Rossi, said Stoner was unfairly criticised as he fought illness and injury in recent years.

The Australian won the 2007 world championship for Ducati but Pernat says seven-times MotoGP titleholder Rossi will never win another world crown while on the same bike.

Stoner left Ducati in disgust last year, according to Pernat, after the Italian manufacturer offered a massive contract to Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo.

Pernat said Ducati made a major mistake in assuming Stoner's career was over while he was weakened by a mystery illness which was later diagnosed as lactose intolerance.

"In the Italian media two months ago, I made an open apology to Casey, what many people in MotoGP thought in the past was not true," Pernat said.

"Now we understand that the reason for many of his crashes ... the majority of people in MotoGP should now make this apology to Casey."

Ducati had jumped to the same conclusion with disastrous results, he said.

Rossi has been unable to tame the Ducati on which Stoner won the world title and is set to go through 2011 without a race win for the first time in his career.

"This was a very big mistake by Ducati, a very wrong strategy in dealing with a champion rider," Pernat said.

"To make an offer, virtually double Casey's salary, to Lorenzo who had not won a championship, while Casey was away sick, was a big mistake.

"Ducati is a proud company and they thought their bike was perfect. What they didn't understand was that only Casey could explore 100 per cent of the potential of this bike."

Pernat signed Rossi to his first factory contract in 1995 when the Italian star was 16 and was the Aprilia team boss when the Italian won the first of his nine world championships - the 125cc title in 1997.

Pernat is now a leading rider manager and media commentator and has closely followed the disaster that is Rossi's winless season.

He says the formidable rider of the past has gone missing.

"What is happening now with Valentino and Ducati is something very strange. Now he is like someone I don't know," Pernat said.

"But I know Valentino's character very well. I was first to sign him in 1995 and he has always spoken the truth, his real feelings.

"I am surprised to see him in this condition - now he is different.

"I am 90 per cent sure that Valentino will not win another world championship with Ducati.

"To be in this shit situation is very hard for Valentino, for his way of life, for his normal character and he seems different to me now," he said.

RE: How good is Rossi - kawasuki - 23-12-2011

Remember this when Rossi was wining He had the tyers that no one else had, when they were finnished with them they were shreaded right away
and also they would make different compounds for him overnight .

RE: How good is Rossi - alpal - 23-12-2011

How good was Rossi yep bloody tremendous in that race and so was Lorenzo wish all GP racing was that close but Stoner is the man now Rossi may have faded I think. Stoner would be best rider I've ever seen and all Oz should be rightfully proud of the bloke

RE: How good is Rossi - BEAU - 24-12-2011

(23-12-2011, 12:06am)Madmax Wrote: Stoner was able to win races on the Duck, Rossi was struggling to finish, Stoner rules!

If they were on the same machinery (let's say the Honda), who does everyone think would be the better??

Sorry for my little hijack...

RE: How good is Rossi - Troppo - 24-12-2011

I'm confused by the thread title.

Is this a question?

RE: How good is Rossi - bRoWnEyE - 24-12-2011

(24-12-2011, 12:19am)BJK1 Wrote:

If they were on the same machinery (let's say the Honda), who does everyone think would be the better??

I don't care as I'd still go for Stoner Pi_thumbsup

I still have the utmost respect for riders like Doohan , Schwantz , Rainey , Eddie Lawson , Gardner , Freddie Spencer etc who rode very hard to control machinery .

RE: How good is Rossi - Tyronm - 24-12-2011

Like all sports there will always be someone younger come through who is better & faster.
Technology also plays a big part of this as racing styles change.

Rossi was awesome in his day, however its now Stoners time to 'Make Hay' because eventually someone else will come through!!!

RE: How good is Rossi - busa80 - 24-12-2011

people thought the ducati was fast thay were very wrong the only thing fast about that ducati was casey stoner and his determination to win he rode the wheels of that bike and pushed it way past its limits. all us australians should be very proud of him