Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Riding - Not Talking (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights (/showthread.php?tid=20640)

not another spill - Busaking - 02-05-2006

Hi shane, yea I'm ok now but you should have seen the bruise on my hip it was the shape of a football and nearly as big. but its all gone now just a bit of swelling and still a bit sore and thats over a month ago since i came off.

Anyhow If you or someone can post the date for next meeting i'll see you there.

Thanks mate.
Phill.
<i></i>

Re: re this thursday 27/4 - pan - 02-05-2006

Hi Phill.
Sorry to hear about the damage to you and the bike.
My bike went down on the left side (some dude try to roll it away and dropped it down the slightest of hills - skidded about 10m) and the insurance quote was $7500. The damage on mine didn't sound as bad as yours. Is your quote to repair through insurance or doing it for cash? <i></i>

Hi Pan, yes that was the insurance quote. It was through SIMCA a bike repairer in Aranda street slacks creek. Ph 32903102. I recomend them for any repairs they didn't have to but my blinkers on the front and my clutch lever were from the states and not on my insurance as extras but they replaced them anyway plus the rear blinkers changed them to clear to match the front. Plus because every panel was scratched they asked me what colour i wanted the bike and painted the whole bike even the dash surounds and the rear grip bar. <i></i>

Re: spill and repairs - pan - 02-05-2006

That sounds great.

I had a hard time with my repairer in Sydney.
I had made sure all my bolts were standard after buying my bike, as it had some phillips head bolts and other bits and pieces. Paid about $4 for each from Suzuki...

After the repairs were done I got the bike back with all sorts of odd bolts, plastic clips missing, and the repairer said, "mate, what do you care, it's a 6 year old bike?".

I then had to take it back because the nose cone was plastic welded and bits came off within a couple of days.

My rear blinker and left side of rear fairing was scratched in the fall, but he said it could've been pre-existing so didn't touch it!

The colour match was horrible. As you may notice in some pics, my red/black is a very deep red. Although I love the colour, repairer insisted it was stock/factory red... now I have a tank and tail that are different shades!

I spoke to the Insurance Assessor (QBE) face to face. He seemed interested and listened, but did nothing about it. He also said something like "it IS an old bike, you know".

Seems they "pee in each other's pockets".

Rather than carry on and complain (after taking my bike back to the same bloke 3 times) I just decided I would not use him or recommend him to anyone from now on...

If my bike is ever damaged again I would gladly have it towed a long way to get a good job done!

Post some pics of the new paint when you can...

10.742 @ 219.69kph<i></i>

Hi again Pan, If you want to see my bike go to no 13 in this subject and scroll down to almost the bottom of the page to the last meet. my bike is the blue/silver one with my son standing beside it. to give you a hint of new colour its similar to the colour of the boys jacket but with the most metalic you can get without changing the colour. By the way that photo had been taken about two weeks after I got it back from another accident same price as yours 7900 I ran up the ass of a car on indy sunday after 5 goes they still couldn't get it right so I know where your commin from.

It don't matter how old the bike is its your pride and joy but you can't tell these wankers that .

My baby is a 2001 model and she is my life and I miss riding her and can't wait to get her back again.

<i></i>

Re: not another spill - pan - 02-05-2006

That blue would look brilliant with the polished/chrome wheels and bling bits you have!

Is it all one colour?

Does it change tints with different shades of light because of the metallic paint effect? <i></i>

yes it does from a distance it seems to be as dark as the original colour but when you get closer it goes lighter, when you look at it in sunlight it sparkles like hell.

And yor right with the bling it looks shit hot.

<i></i>

And yes its all blue even the dash surrounds that are normaly black and the rear grab bar as well.

<i></i>

Re: not another spill - pan - 02-05-2006

<i></i>

Re: not another spill - Busaking - 03-05-2006

Hi Pan, what does pan stand for cause they are my initals.

<i></i>

Re: not another spill - pan - 03-05-2006

I hope my Sydney mates don't see this question.
I'm sure they'll come up with a whole heap of abusive acronyms...

You have PM...
10.742 @ 219.69kph<i></i>

Re: not another spill - Busaking - 03-05-2006

yea but does it stand for anything <i></i>

Re: not another spill - pan - 03-05-2006

Have a look at your PM (private messages)

(just in case you've never used it before...

Click here:
Ozbusa web page

See the top right side where it says:
"Logged in as Busaking"

Then it says:
"ezInbox"

...you should have a message (like email) there...
<i></i>

Thursday night B&BS - Troy Busa R - 08-05-2006

Guy's,

When is the next meet? Does nayone know when chopper bob is back in town?

Troy. <i></i>

Re: not another spill - Troy Busa R - 08-05-2006

Looks like Bob is back on the 17th, so we will aim for the 18th.

See you all then.

Troy. <i></i>