Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Riding - Not Talking (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights (/showthread.php?tid=20640)

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Pa King - 01-12-2009

1 x ZX10, 2 x Busas, and 3 x B-Kings.

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Louwai - 17-12-2009

Anyone been to Harry's Diner on Newmarket Rd???
http://my247.mobi/?p247=place&pl=22334&appParams=%26p247%3dplace%26pl%3d22334

I was there tonight. Top food at reasonable prices & great staff. Plenty of parking right beside where you sit & eat.
Many of the car clubs go there on different nights.

I was talking to James the owner. He opens Wed thru Sat, but will open other days / times if more than 20 people.

Anyone interested in giving it a go rather than the Brekky Ck???

He was saying that he was planning to have 24th thru 4th off for Christmas, but one of the car clubs asked if he would open on New Yrs Day for them & he agreed. (minimum 20 people)

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Champs - 17-12-2009

Is it sacrelige to give it a try? Do we have to make changes to the constitution at an AGM or special meeting?

I think it is worth a look, and I also think we should look at another few options as well. My suggestions are:
- Alternate night option - suggesting Fridays
- Frequency - suggest fortnightly rather than intermittent. Might become more of a routine thing rather than an anomoly

Open for discussion as a given, but I know the numbers can be a bit low the way we are doing it. Might be a cheaper option at the Cafe as well?
Reviews aren't the best, but the theme seems to fit - I think it is worth a squiz

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - ROD - 17-12-2009

I will probely get one more in befour i move back to Vic Late January Pi_thumbsup

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Champs - 17-12-2009

Please explain Rod ????????? Hang on - please don't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Pa King - 17-12-2009

There were a couple of members went there some time back . Rob and Greg from Gold Coast .[I think]
Are you nominating to go on New Years day ? Either then or another day sounds good to me , eazy to find.

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Louwai - 18-12-2009

(17-12-2009, 10:42pm)Pa King Wrote: There were a couple of members went there some time back . Rob and Greg from Gold Coast .[I think]
Are you nominating to go on New Years day ? Either then or another day sounds good to me , eazy to find.

Nope. Not recommending NY Day. That's a private function for a car club. I was just using that as an indication that they are willing to be flexible & open for groups.
The place is under new mgmt. It was closed for quite a while & has only recently re-opened as an operating diner.

I'm proposing that we make it our regular meeting place rather than the Brekky Ck.

The brekky Ck is too expensive.
I know that I don't have to eat there, but that's really the whole point of going. Meet friends, have a feed, have a drink.

Last night at Harry's I had a good feed & 1 drink (non-alco) for $15. At the Crk I'd be lucky to get a meal only for $25 + there's usually 2 of us.

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Pa King - 18-12-2009

I'm only a L Plater to this forum but here is my suggestion . Meet together the first thursday [ or friday, or
wednesday etc] of the month. Then it's a day of the month set aside to meet in advance. You can then add any extra nights for getting together if you want to.
If fortnightly then make it the first & third thursday [ etc] of the month.
I think monthly rather then fortnightly, and I would give Harry's Diner a good go. Pi_thumbsup

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - m8ee - 18-12-2009

I haven't been to Harrys for ages, it used to be too packed to park, and bikes got routinely collected by cars. I'd be willing to go for a look again though, but not till after Xmas, I will be drunk from this afternoon until 3rd Jan, and the missus takes the keys for my cars, bikes and guns off me every year to stop me from doing something stoopid.

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - rob - 02-01-2010

hahahah, yeah when i went with greg and some of the others it was packed with cars and a few bikes , as we got there later in the evening. But early on around 6pm should be quieter with less f*wits in tin tops. Didn't get to try the food but the beer was cold....
I didn't get to go much this year but with Angus nearly 1 should be able to get out more. I'm keen wherever. Any night sounds good.
Cheers
Rob

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Champs - 02-01-2010

Righto then !!!

I think we have discussed this enough to give it a shot, so let's lock in a night, and give it a good trial run.

Let's do it on Friday 8th, that's this Friday coming.

If as Rob says we turn up pre-6pm we should be able to command a presence in the carpark. First 2-3 bikes park in a bay each (should piss off the car drivers!) and later arrivals can fill in the rest of the then available bays, which are hopefully adjacent to eachother.

I suggest we do it on a Friday, so some or most don't necessarily have to back up in the morning for another work day, and a bloody nice way to kick of the weekend and maybe arrange a casual ride or two.

Please nominate your attendance intent here so we all get an idea of numbers, and one of us doesn't end up being Nigel no friends on the night Lol3 It will also keep the thread on the current list so the word gets around.

See you all there Pi_thumbsup Very Happy

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Pa King - 03-01-2010

See you there Champs. I'll be there before 6pm. Harry's Diner

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Louwai - 03-01-2010

Seeing I suggested it I suppose I should be there. :)

Also, Just confirming FRIDAY 8th. No worries. I'm there..........

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - Champs - 03-01-2010

A good point - you can't go making bold statements and then not suffer the consequences along with the rest of us Lol3

RE: Brissy Beer and Bullshit Thursday Nights - rob - 05-01-2010

i'd be there with bells on but it'll depend on whether or not i have to take care of a sick wife and child- who gets a cold in summer??? hahahahha