Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Radguard fitting - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Technical Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Radguard fitting (/showthread.php?tid=22465)

Pages: 1 2

Radguard fitting - Buzz - 27-01-2015

RE: Radguard fitting - ohzone - 28-01-2015

Hi Buzz I just fitted one to a friends Gen2 and it just fitted in behind the panels with no material to be removed either from the bike or the two guards

RE: Radguard fitting - Shordy - 28-01-2015

I'm thinking of installing one to my Gen 2 as they certainly are a rock scoop.
Can they be fitted without removing the fairings?

RE: Radguard fitting - Buzz - 28-01-2015

No i had to undo both radiators, to get it on. Its a struggle but fits quite fast and tight.

I took everything off, makes more room and easier, besides my bike needed a service so it was convenient. Also some vaso to the four hook points makes it easier for future removal.

RE: Radguard fitting - Shordy - 28-01-2015

Mmmm, I'll start putting a few dollars aside for a replacement radiator. It sounds easier, not that I'm lazy or anything...

RE: Radguard fitting - Aussie Steve - 28-01-2015

Take it from me fit a rad guard the other option is/was limp it home for 150k's with the motor heating up at every stop and green shit all over the place.

RE: Radguard fitting - Tony Nitrous - 28-01-2015

[Image: image.jpg]

RE: Radguard fitting - Aussie Steve - 28-01-2015

I notice virtually no manufacturer does and such a cheap thing to fit as standard.

RE: Radguard fitting - mozzie26 - 28-01-2015

Rad guard should be the first mod you do to your bike. I know from experience! Frown

Go to window/glass shop get some stainless crimsafe mesh offcuts $10. Some Pinchweld trim from Clark Rubber $15. Some brass eyelets from Spotlight $5 and 7 cable ties and make your own rad guards.

RE: Radguard fitting - Aussie Steve - 29-01-2015

I made my own but used ally mesh may do the same as you did mozzie...thanks for the tips.

RE: Radguard fitting - mozzie26 - 29-01-2015

The crimsafe mesh is like the Rated R Warp Speed gaurd. I think this would give the best protection out of all the gaurds I have seen on the market.
I have also made an aluminum mesh gaurd for my track bike(gsxr750) to keep the weight down.

Here's the one's I made for the Gen1.

Here is a pis of the one on the GSXR750.

.jpg   GSXR750Rad.jpg (Size: 48.96 KB / Downloads: 34)

RE: Radguard fitting - ohzone - 29-01-2015

I fitted the Rated R set without removing anything, it was a bit fiddly!

RE: Radguard fitting - simmo - 29-01-2015