Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
No Superman - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: No Superman (/showthread.php?tid=22550)

Pages: 1 2

No Superman - shorty - 01-03-2015

RE: No Superman - DjPete - 01-03-2015

Well for me it leads to an accident.
I was thinking of adding a thread similar to this with a title maybe..
What did you learn from your bike accidents?
Maybe we can answer that here too?

However I do have a moment if I can speak of about someone else that comes to mind.
It was many years ago. I was out with Rev, Gydup and the gang and we had been seriously riding.
The fast riding was all over and we were on some straight two lane highway if I remember rightly just sitting on the limit going home.
For some reason rev moves over casually in the wrong lane heading for oncoming traffic. He doesn't come back in. He just stays there. I am now starting to freak out thinking WTF, I think I started flashing my high beam but it made no difference. I could see oncoming traffic was not that far away. It seemed he was in that wrong lane forever. I was frantic thinking the worst.
At the last moment he casually came back onto our side of the road.

At our next stop rev said he thought it was a 2 lane carriageway.

I tell you, I thought it was all over for him.
Things can go wrong and sometimes it's just a simple mistake.

RE: No Superman - Boxbussa - 01-03-2015

RE: No Superman - Aussie Steve - 02-03-2015

^I did a similar thing....except it was a heap of pea gravel on a left hander....I tried to go round it and low sided the bike into a tree...I suffered nothing more than severe bruising on my left side...the bike was written off as the front end was almost torn off....lucky me.

RE: No Superman - DjPete - 02-03-2015

Here's my summary of what I have learnt from my crashes and near misses over the years.

EXPECT the unexpected.
IF riding fast expect things to happen real fast.
NEVER ride fast in combination with being tired.
NEVER ride fast after drinking, even if it's a beer or 2.
KNOW when you're out of your comfort level and if necessary back off a little.
REMEMBER it doesn't matter if it's not your fault, you're still dead or injured.
STAY out of blind spots or don't stay there for long.
GET the f*** away from taxis.
ONLY a fool breaks the 3 second rule, don't tailgate, leave lots of room for error.
BE aware of wildlife running out in front of you.
BE careful EVEN if you know the road inside out.
TRY to control your anger at other dickheads on the road.

There's prob some more...

RE: No Superman - Batfink - 02-03-2015

I was taught 3 basic rules for riding when I was getting into it and playing with the Outlaws

1. SHIT HAPPENS

2. SHIT REALLY HAPPENS

3. BE READY FOR WHEN SHIT HAPPENS

RE: No Superman - captainrob - 02-03-2015

Everytime I get on is bum clenching for me? :)

RE: No Superman - Rev004 - 02-03-2015

RE: No Superman - shorty - 02-03-2015

RE: No Superman - Rev004 - 02-03-2015

They make lousy boat anchors, the chrome falls off to fast and they turn to a pile of rust before you even get to tie the boat to the bouy lol

RE: No Superman - Aussie Steve - 02-03-2015

It is getting busy out there and not all riders are too good or even too bothered at staying on their side of the road...too many weekend riders around sometimes and lots love the legend the anchor has...perhaps not so much the reality though.

My worst "ohhh f***!!!!" Moment was back in my early 20s and it was the last time I rode while pissed...

About 2am I have this great idea to ride to the east coast and watch the sun come up, so I stagger to the bike, nearly forget helmet but get on my way. About 50ks out side of town on the way to the Sidling Pass there is a wicked RH corner, probably 120deg+, and I blissfully cut in over the centre line right into the headlights of a prime mover carrying logs.
Somehow I flicked bike back into the LH lane, lock up and drop it on the verge. Bikes got superficial damage and I just crapped my pants. Back then there were no mobile phones so I can't call anyone and I won't get back on the bike in the condition I was in. Standing bike up I wander off the find a creek/river and a comfy spot to sleep. It was about 10am I finally got back on bike and slowly rode home. All the way still seeing the massive Kenworth grill logo.......

RE: No Superman - captainrob - 02-03-2015

(02-03-2015, 06:28pm)Batfink Wrote: My worst "ohhh f***!!!!" Moment was back in my early 20s and it was the last time I rode while pissed...

About 2am I have this great idea to ride to the east coast and watch the sun come up, so I stagger to the bike, nearly forget helmet but get on my way. About 50ks out side of town on the way to the Sidling Pass there is a wicked RH corner, probably 120deg+, and I blissfully cut in over the centre line right into the headlights of a prime mover carrying logs.
Somehow I flicked bike back into the LH lane, lock up and drop it on the verge. Bikes got superficial damage and I just crapped my pants. Back then there were no mobile phones so I can't call anyone and I won't get back on the bike in the condition I was in. Standing bike up I wander off the find a creek/river and a comfy spot to sleep. It was about 10am I finally got back on bike and slowly rode home. All the way still seeing the massive Kenworth grill logo.......

:)
classic !

RE: No Superman - kozzo - 03-03-2015