Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
It's go time! - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Turbo Talk (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Thread: It's go time! (/showthread.php?tid=23023)

Pages: 1 2 3

It's go time! - Roger05 - 20-11-2015

RE: It's go time! - Roger05 - 10-12-2015

Well the parts have started rolling in, every thing has been ordered except injectors.
Still undicided on type and size, if anyone has some advice that would've be great.

Turbo/manifold is at the ceramic coaters and the engine should be getting dropped Monday [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

RE: It's go time! - Hayabusabike - 10-12-2015

Any advice? Give it to me! Give it to me! Can't wait for the end result.

RE: It's go time! - Roger05 - 23-12-2015

Hhmm advice, if you intend on buying/making a kit and doing it yourself RESEARCH! haha thought i knew enough before before i dove in... clearly not. Should have some more pics to chuck up soon, night shift is killing me atm.

RE: It's go time! - Roger05 - 28-12-2015

Hayabusabike, real world advice. If you decomp, Fit the front timing chain guide to the barrel before you fit/torque the head up. It will save you from practicing every profanity know to man and possibly inventing some new one!! [ANGRY FACE]

RE: It's go time! - Roger05 - 31-12-2015

RE: It's go time! - Hayabusabike - 31-12-2015

Looking good Roger05. You're a braver man than me :) The old girl doesn't looks sad, she's just having a makeover ;)

Cheers mate

Woody

RE: It's go time! - Belzybob - 31-12-2015

Big 'nads to undertake such a project, but why the Power Commander?

RE: It's go time! - Roger05 - 02-01-2016

Pulling motors down and resembling them is usually pretty easy, all the technical bits like getting cam timing right with the base spacer has all been done before and plenty of info online! (Luckily for me). As for the power commander i originally was just buying a stage one kit and bolting it on as is. Both RCC and velocity say add a PC3 and tune! That's were my upgrades started, got a PCV with the boost input and went from there.

Yes i should probably have some thing better and looking at it now id like to run 8 injectors but were do ya stop$$?? Also I'm finding it hard enough to find a tuner as it is. If i started it all again if probably go a different path starting with the RCC stg2 kit but I'm here now.

RE: It's go time! - duc13 - 28-01-2016

Watching with interest Roger Coolsmiley , any updates/progress?

RE: It's go time! - Roger05 - 04-02-2016

Ok short update for any one following! Spent about 3 weeks modifing a gear position switch to give me 3 groups of gears for the dual stage boost control and still work with the on dash gear indicator. (Many diodes lost their life for this) Got the engine back in with the stock exhaust so i could give it a good run. It's all running fine and doesn't seem to be that far down on power compared to what i expected.
HOWEVER..... last night upon fairing removal i see a very small oil leak from the front corner of the base spacer. [ANGRY FACE] I'll leave a blank for you guys to fill in the swears!

RE: It's go time! - Roger05 - 17-02-2016

Another update for those playing at home. E-Boost II is all wired up, re-routed gear indicator/speedo healer/PCV wires (yes to all the haters im keeping the power comander)
BOV spigot is welded to the plenum. Dummy fitted the snail and plenum for some measuring.

Oil return fitted to sump and Tainton Racing sump baffle mounted (felt obligated to buy something after the amount of time on the phone, very helpful people there!)

It seems there is a few parts missing from the "kit" so I'm now pondering weather to keep the oil cooler and make my own hoses/adapters (thinking of tapping some cooler block of plates to suit banjo bolts) or just scrap it.

Home chop job GP shifter (reverse pattern) sorted.

Fuel tank is tomorrow's mod, moving slow as 3 weeks of night shift is taking its toll 😑 but i can see more changes from the kit here to. Buggered if I'm running high fuel pressure through the plastic filter supplied!!

Will upload some happy snaps when i get some free time at work, be good people.

RE: It's go time! - Roger05 - 18-02-2016

Is anyone able to tell me if oil flow through a 10mm banjo bolt and -4 AN lines will be enough on the oil cooler circuit? Or am i better blocking the cooler off and pulling the bung from behind the filter.

RE: It's go time! - Maj - 18-02-2016

Not enough flow , -6 minimum for cooler with restrictor in place under filter
i have braised fittings on the original outlets in one build , but ran it to a Mocal laminova type cooler alongside the rhs cyl near the top hose ,
Plastic filter is supposed to be on the pump inlet side not outlet
i usually route mine to the rear of the tank and put a filter above the shock mount bolt , lots of bilet reusable filters out there now
[Image: 08busa107.jpg]

RE: It's go time! - Roger05 - 18-02-2016

Hhhmm was thinking -4 would come up short, Back to the drawing board!

As for the filter last time i looked i thought it came supplied on the pressure side but can't remember. Might make up some 10mm lines and use a bolt in falcon z373 efi filter, but there is more important bits to concentrate on first!