Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Names - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Technical Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Names (/showthread.php?tid=3227)

Pages: 1 2 3

Names - col - 05-06-2001

G'day all,

I'm finding different to call someone Dickwad, rodent or Whizfuck. To be honest I know who some of you are but since I come from Sydney I don't know you all.

This is now the deal. To get an answer to a question you will need to say exactley who you are at the bottom of your post. Really guys it only helps you as I prefer to talk to a person and not a login name.

If this can't be achived easily, well then you can say BY BY to this section of the board.

This is a new and interesting section of the board and it is only there to help you. Keep it technical and say who you are.

Regards Colin Linney <i></i>

Names - JP - 05-06-2001

RE names - col - 05-06-2001

G'day JP,

Guess I'm supposed to know who you are? So, yes I do, this wasn't aimed at you Dickwad. There is no helping you is there!

I feel a need to go to Phillip Island just to give you a good kick in the Knee caps, since I won't be able to reach high enough, the knees should do.

Regards Colin Linney <i></i>

Re: RE names - demeester - 05-06-2001

Good call for this area, Col...

Regards, Richard (and Jo)

(but I guess you knew that...) <i></i>

Real Name - Fast Freddy Gassit - 05-06-2001

USER NAME: Fast Freddy Gassit

Some users for what ever reason enjoy the relative anonomity <spelling?> afforded by this type of forum.
A first name ok, but last name...not me.....
I know that now, unless I comply with your request, that you won't answer any questions.
No problems, that is fair enough.
But I don't want this tech section to close because we won't say who we are.
If I have misunderstood or taken out of context your post then my apologies. <i></i>

names - ardvark - 05-06-2001

No problem Col, as I value your info and comments.... If I lived in Sydney I'll certainly be seeing you in person.

I have never been happy with the service I receive from dealers and find knowledge amongst riders is often above that what we pay $60/hr for at dealers.

This is a great forum.... Knowledge is power, horse power!!

Regards
Torsten
Brisbane <i></i>

Re: Names - busababy - 06-06-2001

Hi Col

I can appreciate your issue with people not using their real names as I have often wondered why we all hide behind so called "user names".

However, I also understand why some are reluctant to disclose their real full name, in case some person with evil intent should track them down and cause mischief.

My suggestion would be that people should use their real christian name and make e-mail contact with you to fully identify and introduce themselves to you.

Anyway, it's just my suggestion for a compromise as we would certainly like this technical forum to grow and prosper. I have found it very informative and helpfull thus far and I'm sure most members will agree with me.

Regards
Les Kohn <i></i>

Names - col - 12-06-2001

G'day one and all,

Good to see having your name at the end of your post made it to nowhere.

Thanks to those who tried and put a real name to their comments.

Sorry, but talking to people without a name leaves me cold.

See you later. It was fun.

Regards Col <i></i>

Names - JP - 13-06-2001

OK OK. Sheesh.
Regards
John Phillips <i></i>

Re: Names - busababy - 13-06-2001

hey hey hey col,

not so fast! these things take time, but looks to me that it's starting to work so give it a chance, ya know how slow these busa owners/riders are, they're always last to get to the destination, i think it has something to do with the busa being a bit slow on the uptake, nothing that a btl mod won't fix tho!

regards
les kohn <i></i>

NAMES - col - 15-06-2001

G'day one and all,

O'kay so I came to some form of sence, and will continue to post here. Truth be it, I missed you wankers.

On the issue of names, look at it this way. I've been in business for myself for near on 20 years, so yes I'm set in my ways, however, If a guy came into the shop and said he name was SNOTGURGLE and wanted to discuss the ins and outs of a Busa, how much time do you think this guy would get. Now say the same guy came in and said he was Mark, I can assure you the story would be different. Do you see what I'm talking about.

All I ask is for you to put your first name at the end of your post and all will be well in our world. Really is this too much to ask for. I trust not.

Regards Col <i></i>

dopey - Heidi1 - 30-07-2001

When I started this game I didn't realise people used usernames, hence my highly anonymous one.

DOH!

HEIDI xxx
P.S. I did think it odd that someone's mother called them Snotgurgle... I figured she didn't like them. <i></i>

re: Names - HiredAbuser - 31-07-2001

Hi all,

Some just want to use nicknames to inspire fear in the other postees. I get called Poohead by my girlfriend but I don't like that so much

Names aren't so much an issue to me but sometimes a little anonymity loosens the voice and true intent can be implied.

Adrian (we talked on the phone today Col). <i></i>

Re: re: Names - col - 31-07-2001

G'day Heidi,

I would have to agree with you, who would name their child like that?

Question time, and you have to answer both questions correctly. What is a Snotgurgle and where can it be found?

A prize awaits the correct answer. Be warned the judges decission will be final ~

Adrian, looking forward to getting your Busa to run at it's best.

Regards Col <i></i>

Re: re: Names - Gary and Jo Putnins - 01-08-2001

Like Heidi I didn't realise that it was the norm to use nicknames, that's why ours is extremely straightforward and boring (but then at least you know who you're talking to!).

Col, whilst Gary & I don't have the 'Busa anymore (had to sell last December, sniff, sniff) we are now the owners of a 1998 GSXR750. Some time between now and the GP we would like to pop in to see you to put the bike on the dyno. We'll be in touch.

Thx,
Jo <i></i>