Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
T.R.E - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Technical Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: T.R.E (/showthread.php?tid=3330)

Pages: 1 2

T.R.E - rocket rod 7777 - 03-02-2003

Hi, i've been reading on old postings from this and other sites about putting the resister in the T.R.E.I have to say the results vary a fair amount.Some say the results are significantly improved,some say waste of time,no difference and some say the thing over fuels and runs like a pig down low.I thought i'de run a poll to the guys who have done this mod and get some feedback......RodBIG IMPROVEMENTSLIGHT IMPROVEMENTNO DIFFERENCESLIGHTLY WORSERAN LIKE A PIGShow results <i></i>

RE:T.R.E - rocket rod 7777 - 05-03-2003

MMMMMMMMMMM only 3 votes!!!!!not conclusive enough yet <i></i>

Re: T.R.E - js racing1 - 24-04-2003

Hi Rod,
Jason here from JS Racing in Queensland.
We import Gear Position Sensors, similar to the TRE, and have had fantastic results.
Our product works on shortening the time it takes to each peak horsepower in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears, as well as removing the speed limiter on the later models! I as yet have had nothing but extremely happy customers, that would be happy to tell any one that wants to know, how well they work. Why don't you try one for yourself? What year model Busa do you have?
Jason Conroy
JS Racing
9 Whistler st.
Bli Bli Qld
Ph 0410 565 344 or 07 5448 4852
email: jsracing@austarnet.com.au <i></i>

RE:TRE - rocket rod 7777 - 26-04-2003

Thanks Jason,i've got a 2000 model busa.Whats the difference between this gear position sensor you sell and a TRE,because from what ive read i just put a resistor in the pink wire and the jobs done,which costs about $1,so why do i spend $299? <i></i>

TRE - Rosco - 26-04-2003

Hi Rod

I'm working in the field at the moment and a few thou Kms away from my bike.
When I get back in the next month or so I am planing to do the pink snip and 6.8Kohm tuck on my '03, but with a twist.

I'll chuck in a changeover switch so I can switch in or out the 5th gear lock at any time to see if theres much of a benefit. If it works I'll lose the switch.

Hopefully I'll remember to get back to you on the results, I'm not really one for chat rooms.

Personally I think these TRE box things are a scam but after 15 years in the electronics world you come to expect it. Imagine living with yourself selling a device for hundreds of dollars that just tells one sensor input that a simple switch is in a certain position! Childs play!!!!

<i></i>

Re: TRE - js racing1 - 27-04-2003

Intersting.
The GPS and TRE units require no cutting. They both plug in. After discussion with a number of Suzuki dealers, they state that cutting of wires will void manufacturers warranty, where as a plug in unit won't. ( Up to your personal dealer to decide)
As for the costing, again both the GPS and TRE units have there resistor encased so it cant be damaged, as well as using plugs rather than cutting wires, which most people are extremely reluctant to do. Advertisng is extremely costly, add that to the cost of a proper set up rather than cut wires and a resistor, the price is set fairly. Any one that wants to do the cut and resistor can save money , BUT, most people prefer a unit that can be plugged in and won't void their warranty. Choose for yourselves! You will get results, and again, I will offer a 7 day , money back guarantee.
Jason <i></i>

TRE's Performance Gain - gazza414 - 27-04-2003

Rocket Rod has hit the nail on the head in that someone with some technical knowledge and hands on skill can manufacture this device for next to nothing.
I suggest that those interested should read past postings on this website and also type in TRE on a search engine such as google and you'll be surprised at the amount of comprehensive information on this subject--how they work and how to make it.
Does the bike go better?? I've heard various comments both positive and negative but at the end of the day I haven't been presented with any facts nor data that the bike performs better or is more rideable in normal day to day riding.

Many companies make many claims that can't be substantiated by facts or data . The claim that one particular rider can now do wheels stands after fitting the device is a load of BS. I'd suggest he/she has learnt the technique exercising there right wrist . The busa will lift the front wheel without a TRE.

Rosco's idea is good and there are companies that also market an adjustable TRE which is similar to what he is proposing. Once again there needs to be a fairly substantial movement in performance to be felt by seat of the pants evaluation. Testing under controlled conditions is really the only way that can be evaluated.

At $299 there might be what is called the "Placebo" ie people will convince themselves that "it" works because I've been told it works.

Something to think about on a lazly Sunday morning

regards

ps if you wish to build a TRE the plugs can be purchased and no cutting of wires are required as for warranty on a new bike . I'd explore this aspect with Suzuki 1st just in case anything does wrong --it may not be related to the TRE but if there is an element of suspicion with a warranty calim where it is found that the owner has tampered with he bike --I'm sure you all know that's never clear cut <i></i>

Re: TRE's Performance Gain - Rosco - 27-04-2003

To avoid cutting you can pop the pink wire pin out of the plug, solder the resistor to an opposite gender pin and plug it into the existing pink wire pin.
The other end of the resistor can be tacked onto the back of the black wire pin in the plug (black wire not to be cut or disconnected).
A bit of heatshrink and your all done, no mess, no fuss and no evidence if removed!!!
<i></i>

But Then ? - fasterfaster1 - 27-04-2003

You lose 6th gear enrichening this way <i></i>

RE:TRE - rocket rod 7777 - 27-04-2003

Thanks for all the info guys,cheers Rod <i></i>

Good Idea Rosco - peter altas - 30-04-2003

My 2001 Busa is going to get the snip for a resistor when I do a handfull of little mods (last time I pull the 'busa apart... I hope)

Didn't think of the switch though.... gonna do that too now.... thanks.

Reasons for the snip over a plug in:

1/ Why not try and see...
2/ $0.03 vs $299...
(unless I lash out and get a metal film resistor @ $0.0
3/ With some electronics knowledge, I can't see the difficulty either... (it's only a friggin resistor !)

One question though, I'm assuming for the price everyones mentioning, we're talking about using a 1/4 watt rated resistor, yes?

Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>

Good Idea Rosco - peter altas - 30-04-2003

oh yeah, and

4/ My warranty ends in September. Well actually, after fitting an alarm and some other stuff, my warranty probably ended a year ago !!!
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>

getting the snip - kamakazebusa - 18-06-2003

Jus got mine done, hav'nt riden it yet so i don't know....i'll vote after i pick it up (when i pay for it) <i></i>

Re: getting the snip - rocket rod 7777 - 05-09-2003

Did the TRE mod today,the cheap one with the 5c resister and to tell you truth cant really tell any difference,but only did a short fang....so the jury is still out on this one <i></i>

tre - kawasuki - 21-01-2004

Anyone interested in the Ivans smart TRE 005 the one with the chip for Idle. <i></i>