Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
New Bike Movie - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: New Bike Movie (/showthread.php?tid=5363)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Bike Movie - ApriliaFox - 05-12-2002

Well Hollywood has finally decide to make a bike movie ....

have a look at www.bikerboyz.com/

AND it stars a Busa! .......

Re: New Bike Movie - busababy - 05-12-2002

LUV ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Re: New Bike Movie - demeester - 06-12-2002

Is the busa on the side of the "baddies"?? Some big names amongst the actors ...

.. the animate ones, too ...

Re: New Bike Movie - ApriliaFox - 06-12-2002

I'm not sure, but who would have thought that Afro-Americans had bike gangs and listen to white metal rock! Man all these years I've been mis-informed.

Samuel L Jackson gets bad on a Busa in BikeBoyz ...

Edited by: Fox at: 12/6/02 3:57:13 pm

Re: New Bike Movie - 230hpBoosa - 06-12-2002

SICK!!!!!!

Samuel L Jackson - Slong - 06-12-2002

Man, U had me excited. It isn't Samuel L J though, it's Laurence [sp?] Fishburne who is one of the main guys. Still awesome. : )

Re: Samuel L Jackson - demeester - 09-12-2002

I just hope Kid Rock doesn't sing ...

Yes, it's Fishburne.

review - Fox - 29-01-2003

"Other typical Hollywood tricks include: lowered, stretched and chromed-out Huyabusas that seem to top out around 130 mph, until you press the NOS button and magically shoot straight to 180 mph. Helmetless racers going 180 mph, with long blonde hair lightly tussled by gentle wisps of air. Huyabusa's, ZX-12Rs, GSX-Rs, R-1s etc "dragracing" down gravel and dirt roads, and so much more that I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it all.

All in all, there are several shots of very nicely detailed sport bikes
and custom cruisers, a few typical parking lot stunts like Wheelies, Stoppies, Burn-outs and the like, a melodramatic and predictable plot, and Oh yeah! The King of Cali shoould really be one of those two squids riding Yamaha Banshee quads throughout the flick, because the final climatic "King of Cali" dragrace, is between a Huyabusa and ZX-12R, on some central Californian farmer's DIRT driveway and well... in the dirt, a Banshee would positively annihilate either of those two street tire shod beasts. When all was said and done, Eric and I found the audience (REAL street racers, club members, girlie girlz, thugs, Poseurs, etc...) much more entertaining than the film. Since you are probably not going to be at a preview with lots of other bikers to entertain you, take MO's advice and skip Biker Boyz. "

RE:Bike boyz - rocket rod 7777 - 29-01-2003

When is it being released here????

Re: RE:Bike boyz - demeester - 29-01-2003

A ride day to the movies? 20 Busas parked out on Bourke St?

unrealistic - Beestroyer - 29-01-2003

Harsh there Fox. Was there no entertainment factor at all? I mean, James Bond was rediculous, but I still enjoyed it. You imagine a car driving through a pillar of ice a few metres thick... bullet proof or not, that aint happening.

Was the dirt road straight? If so, it cant be that far fetched.

We'll probably all see it anyway, no matter how crap it is.

MAAATTTEEE!! - Heidi1 - 29-01-2003

I don't care HOW crap it is, it is my new favourite movie! A movie with big blokes in leather, cool bikes and a Hayabusa, does it get any better than THAT! Chuck in some popcorn and I'm a happy woman!

I'm up for it and I haven't even seen a trailer yet!

bikerboyz - Fox - 29-01-2003

I'm not sure when it hits OZ but in American bike clubs can book their own screenings. Good idea Richard - call the distributors and offer a Busa gurad of honour for the launch! I'll try to find the distributer for you.

The website is www.bikerboyz.com and there is a trailer to watch.

Here's the full review:

By Sean Alexander, 01/17/03

Yeah Boyeeeeee, dis movie wuz da schizznit! NOT. Fellow MOron Eric Bass and I rode to the Mann2 theater in Westwood, CA at 8:00pm
Advertisement
last night, for a "Sneak Peak" screening of DreamWorks' new flick, Biker Boyz. The weather and full moon were beautiful. The movie wasn't.

Biker Boyz is a film about family relations, coming of age, showing-off, and oh yeah street drag racing / sportbike warfare between rival members of "The Set" The Set is composed of several groups of like minded, mini-gangs who race for cash and each other's helmets. The fastest rider in the set is known as the "King of Cali". The current King is "Smoke" (Lawrence Fishburn). Smoke is president of the "Black Knights" and de-facto leader of the entire "Set" Anyway without giving away the entire ahem "plot" a young up and coming rider named "Kid" (Derek
Luke) is out to take Smoke's helmet. First he needs to form his own club (The Biker Boyz) and join The Set, then he needs to work his way up the ranks by beating other members of rival crews within The Set. This is all well and good, until there is an actual race scene. Then everything goes all Sylvester Stallone "Driven" ish, and reality flies out the window. You see, these "races" feature lots of riders looking at each other, mid-race, and twisting the throttle a little further, so they can surge ahead. Other typical Hollywood tricks include: lowered, stretched and chromed-out Huyabusas that seem to top out around 130 mph, until you press the NOS button and magically shoot straight to 180 mph. Helmetless racers going 180 mph, with long blonde hair lightly tussled by gentle wisps of air. Huyabusa's, ZX-12Rs, GSX-Rs, R-1s etc "dragracing" down gravel and dirt roads, and so much more that I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it all.

All in all, there are several shots of very nicely detailed sport bikes
and custom cruisers, a few typical parking lot stunts like Wheelies, Stoppies, Burn-outs and the like, a melodramatic and predictable plot, and Oh yeah! The King of Cali shoould really be one of those two squids riding Yamaha Banshee quads throughout the flick, because the final climatic "King of Cali" dragrace, is between a Huyabusa and ZX-12R, on some central Californian farmer's DIRT driveway and well... in the dirt, a Banshee would positively annihilate either of those two street tire shod beasts. When all was said and done, Eric and I found the audience (REAL street racers, club members, girlie girlz, thugs, Poseurs, etc...) much more entertaining than the film. Since you are probably not going to be at a preview with lots of other bikers to entertain you, take MO's advice and skip Biker Boyz.

Re: bikerboyz - Fox - 29-01-2003

Richard the movie company is UIP ( www.uip.com.au )

I have a contact in Sydney if you need (strangely enough I'm seeing her this arvo so I'll see if she's interested) .... It could be fun to call them and see if they want Busa's for the launch for Melbourne... there would probably be a radio station involved too .. probably MMM. At the least it could be a hoot and free tix!

The Matrix - Fox - 29-01-2003

Speaking of movies:

The new Matrix trailer that was previewed at the Superbowl is available online from www.thematrix.com and stars a black Ducati 998 ...