Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
hayabusa 2008 - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Gen.II (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: hayabusa 2008 (/showthread.php?tid=8076)

Pages: 1 2

hayabusa 2008 - larra - 08-09-2007

First as a new member i say hello to all the board members.
I live in Brisbane and i have owned a few bikes including 2 fj 1200's
and my last bike was zzr-1100 but gonna buy a busa soon which brings me to the topic of this thread;
went to springwood suzuki this morning and was told that 2008 model
arrives in november ,they already have many deposits on the model
and the price has not gone up, but of course 2007 models are heavily discounted at the moment. $19700 on road i was told
I suppose that they dont have to discount the price to make the 2008 model to sell. Icon_rolleyes Anyway its not long now and this christmas im buying myself a present Drool

RE: hayabusa 2008 - BUSGO - 08-09-2007

G'day Larra.
You will find much better prices than $19700 on road for a 07 model busa.
Shop around buddy. You might strike one for $17000 ON ROAD or even less.
There are many great second hand ones to be had at the moment as well.
Check the Buy, sell and swap thread.

RE: hayabusa 2008 - bear - 08-09-2007

Welcome. Wish I could afford a new one, but I don't want to sell the original copper silver bugger and I can't afford two!
There you go!

RE: hayabusa 2008 - abusa - 08-09-2007

Welcome Larra, few brissy people here, enjoy your stay!

Think $19700, was for the 08 Busgo, which would be recommended retail on road. Will be interesting to hear what people are going to actually pay on the new one!

RE: hayabusa 2008 - larra - 08-09-2007

Yep the 2007 models are good buys at the moment, but what do you guys think? should i wait till 2008 model arrives, even if i have to pay the full recommended retail price or go for a 2007 and pay $2000-$3000 less.
Personally i would at least wait till feedback on the new model starts to come in.

RE: hayabusa 2008 - imagunna - 08-09-2007

Think some of these Aus dealers might be telling a few porky pies about there being no price increase in the 08 Busas.
The USA Suzuki web page lists the prices for 07 and 08 Busas as :-
07 $11149 and 08 $11999.
If my maths is right thats an increase of $850.00 U.S.
So cant see them being released at 07 price here.
Whenpigsfly

RE: hayabusa 2008 - MrsTonysEvilTwin - 08-09-2007

Hi Larra
Welcome. The old fella is going to wait until the second model out of the 08 before he even thinks about getting one. He reckons they gotta iron out the kinks and work out the bugs.

RE: hayabusa 2008 - rob - 08-09-2007

yeah shop around, remember you can always walk away (not from a busa but they don't need top know that!)
the power is with the buyer- the dealer has to come to the table with the right offer....

cheers
Rob

RE: hayabusa 2008 - Tony Nitrous - 08-09-2007

I was down Springwood today too,

Had a couple of new bikes from them and spent a fair bit there
over the last 3 years. They are not the cheapest but I get on
well with them and like the service.

Was quoted around $17,000 for an 07 busa in red or blue but
not black and quoted $19,990 (rideaway) for a B-King late next
month "if" they arrive when planned.

Their part-ex price was pretty poor so I would probabley have to
sell mine private if i went ahead.

Has anyone seen Tony Armstrong's new toy ?
Black / blue 02 bus, very clean and tidy,
took me a momment before I spotted the Turbo...Coolsmiley

RE: hayabusa 2008 - black13 - 08-09-2007

g'day larra
wait till you can see 2008 model in showrooms,then compare with the 07 model,either way you wont be dissapointed cause the busa is an awsome bike.Biker

cheers & beers

paul

RE: hayabusa 2008 - ausdragbike - 08-09-2007

Ive just bought a new 07 Busa about a month ago, i could have waited for the 08 but i didnt. The main reason i went with the 07 is its proven, its basically been around for 8 years unchanged, its tough and reliable with no problems. The second reason is there is shit loads of aftermarket gear for them, either bling or performance gear. The third reason is im turboing mine. It will be nowhere as easy to turbo the 08 for a long while. I also paid $16490 on road, i was happy with that.

RE: hayabusa 2008 - spamanglenn - 08-09-2007

there is so much you can do to the current busa that would far exceed the new model.Throttle feel would be the only thing i could think of that you wouldn,t be able to match.If suzuki is smart alot of the gear would be transferable so the aftermarket already hits the ground running.If the new model runs up around 190hp and 110ft/lbs piped and tuned,its sells a pretty good argument though.

RE: hayabusa 2008 - abusa - 09-09-2007

Yep 40cc doesnt sound much but it will be the clincher! 190 HP will be awesome out of the box and if you are comparing to the 14's well the Busa in my book still has the looks. If you are doing finance there isnt really going to be much of a difference between the the 07 and the 08. If you are after HP grab an 07 Runout and put your money in to a Turbo Kit, unbelievable fun at an awesome price.

RE: hayabusa 2008 - BLACKZOOK - 09-09-2007

abusa Wrote:Yep 40cc doesnt sound much but it will be the clincher! 190 HP will be awesome out of the box and if you are comparing to the 14's well the Busa in my book still has the looks. If you are doing finance there isnt really going to be much of a difference between the the 07 and the 08. If you are after HP grab an 07 Runout and put your money in to a Turbo Kit, unbelievable fun at an awesome price.

+1
I have an order in for an 08 but am less keen the more I see and read about it. Have to wait for the release and see it in person before I decide.

RE: hayabusa 2008 - Volvi - 09-09-2007

have heard we'll be seeing the 08 in showrooms a little earlier then usual, perhaps end of this month early next.

The only time dealers got anything like in the 19's was in 1999 on first batch. Pre runouts busas usually go for around 17.5-18.5 on road depending which state your in.

First batch 08's no doubt dealers will try for 19+ but if you hang out a month or two, they shud come down a bit and sell for as per normal.

Personally I wouldnt worry much about working out kinks in new generation, if there are any its fully covered. If one wants to turbo or bling up extensively then go for an 07 runout, otherwise Id hang on for the 08 as its so close. Remember resale value will always be a big diff between a 07 and an 08.