Confused Tasmanian... OMG
Tongue 
Yeah yeah yeah... I know you are all wondering which head could be confused. Well as I KNOW I'm not gay that removes 1 head from the equation lol

Before I get no it maybe a quick overview for the viewer. Nerd

I have a 99 & 01 busa in the stables. He 01 is currently for sale and the 99 was given a repairable write off by the insurance company because of some scratches and puncture of farings... No mechanical or structural defects.....

I bought the 99 in August 2013 using my "emergency" stash of cash plus $6K of household savings. The insured amount was for $12K and I am expecting that minus excess as payout. I HAVE to replace household savings regardless.

I have given a low ball offer on "salvage" of 99 and made it known to insurance company hat I am willing to negotiate for a reasonable purchase.

So here is my dilemma...
1. Forget salvage, wait to sell 01 and then buy the best I can from total funds less $6000
2. forget salvage and then convince Missus that 01 WILL sell and use payout to buy a bike I want NOW, like garbo's Jaffa
3. Try for lowball salvage, cover the $6K and keep both bikes
4. Ignore trying to lowball, keep both and put 99 back to original and 01 into naked street bike....

I know there are many variations but I would love to find out hat others might try...

Remember I don't ride daily, haven't got access to spare $$$ weekly and normally shed bike for winter...

Cheers

Guess I am starting to double guess my direction because I see I many effing great mods and projects here.. I know the peeps doing it would be willing to give ideas and I would love to be able to show "MY" creation bit just something I bought..
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
If was me I'd
salvage 99 if cheap enough,replace the 6k.
sell 01 and use rest of pay out to buy Gen2.
Fighter the 99 cheap as possible (MX bars,no fairings,twin headlights/spotlights and rattle can respray) Coolsmiley
I may be oversimplifying things or perhaps I have missed something in your thought process but in your situation I would consider this:

Keep the 01 rather than sacrifice it just to sell.
Get your $12k less excess from insurance.
Replace $6k house savings.
And then you have $5k ish in your pocket.
Spend some on the 01 if you wish or save it for a rainy day.

Result. 1 Busa. Happy wife. Happy wallet.

Sorry if I have misunderstood and just cocked this up. Confused
No confusion Kendo... Just to many options

Plus as GOOFTROOP said.. IF 99 can b gotten cheap. Hahahha

Guess what I didn't say was that I got a hard on for the 99... Ever since I rode it I loved it..
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(14-03-2014, 08:24pm)Batfink Wrote: Plus as GOOFTROOP said.. IF 99 can b gotten cheap. Hahahha

Guess what I didn't say was that I got a hard on for the 99... Ever since I rode it I loved it..

Ahhh, the one extra ingredient in the cake.
The one that makes you want to have the cake and eat it too. Lol3
Insurance will look at current prices on 99 's on trader sites and mags and give you the value they consider normal trading price
first glance i see 2, 55k kms at 6495 and 40k kms at 7500

thats how all my machinery has been valued after the fire
usually policy states agreed value or market value whichever is less
(14-03-2014, 08:41pm)Maj Wrote: Insurance will look at current prices on 99 's on trader sites and mags and give you the value they consider normal trading price
first glance i see 2, 55k kms at 6495 and 40k kms at 7500

thats how all my machinery has been valued after the fire
usually policy states agreed value or market value whichever is less

There was an agreed value, based on accepted pictures and current mods one 99..
They accepted 12K and they should pay...

The reason why they won't fix is that no spray painter is willing to do a replacement spray job..
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Go Kendo's option but 1441 the 01 with the spare $5k ish.
so u smashed the 99 ,??? hope your fine bro ,i got a full set of plastics here yours fpr post if u want them ,also the 99 will always be worth more the k1 on buying the wreck back shouldnt coast ou monre then 3k ???
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
OKAY......
the 99 has gone to the auction gods... You should see it pop up soon and happy to help anyone that bids and wins with transport and stuff

I am now sitting with the 01 still for sale with no interest and a good sized check for the 99 in my pocket, so what to do?????

Still looking at a couple of Jaffa's but of course they are up north (NSW & QLD) so viewing them is hard and spending $10K+ on a bike site unseen isn't sitting well with the missus...

She that should be obeyed has thrown a further option in the pot.. Invest everything into a 2013 if the price is right. Talked to local dealer and he basically said its full price if I want to trade in and still waiting to hear about cash price. Have seen other dealers pushing the 13's for $17K on road.. Very appealing but hate getting further into debt.

While I would love to fighter the 01 I have no shed to do it in so that's basically out until we move in a few years...

While not admitting to being pussy whipped, it was both our savings that bought the 99, and as they say " happy wife, happy life" , so I am letting her have the final say of the two LOL

BTW.. If it is a 13 then it will have to be the yellow

P.S. I am yet to hear back from benryan1976 about his bumblebee for sale LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1