How acurate are the advisory speed traps?
On the Geelong freeway & also the Western Freeway there are the "advisory speed" radars that dsplay your speed.
How acurate are these?

I went through the one on the Geelong freeway today.
My speedo said 110klm. The advisory speed shown was 101klm.

I know that all speedo's (cars & bikes) are manufactured to read faster than actual speed, but I didn't think the Busa would be 9klm out.
interesting you should ask, i went through one on the zx14 where i was at an indicated 50km/hr, the radar showed 41km/hr so I think its the bikes....Kinda nice in a way since we've got some leeway.

Best suggestion i've heard is to get a gps. My mate says he goes past everyone on the highway at a GPS indicated 110km/hr. Everyone thinks he is speeding but in reality he's doing a true 110. He's even gone straight past radar cops and never had a problem.

His ute's speedo indicates 120 when he is doing 110km/hr GPS. Worthwhile investment for those who tour often and don't want to be worried about getting nabbed all the time.
Or a speedo healer my stock speedo was out about 12kph at 100 ks
I believe ~7% is common on the busa.
The speed traps should be accurate, but i have found they can't get a reading on my R1 above 200kph (closed course testing)
Maj Wrote:The speed traps should be accurate,

Dunno about that,
I came thru the one on the Western both directions.
I was doing the same speed on the car speedo both times & the "advisory " speed was different.
Sitting on 120 on the car speedo. The advisory going to Ballarat was 112klm. On the way back it said 118klm
The proper overhead freeway speed indicators in Victoria are totally accurate and show my car to be doing 110kph when I'm showing 118 on the speedo.(MAZDA 6)
The 99 busa has been through the one south of Wodonga about 6 times and always showed around 110kph when speedo showed about 120.

We have a temporary road works one near my workplace at the moment and it is farrccked.
At times it shows about 47 when the car speedo is showing about 68 and then sometimes it shows 68 when the car speedo is showing about 50????
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO