tyres
Idiot2hi iam about to put a new set of hoops on the 99 busa iam going to give the michelin pilot powers a go.My Q is this iam going to try a 180 on the rear to quicken up the steering and was wondering if anyone has given it a try and if so to what effect. i find that when pushing hard through the twistys she tends to run a bit wide so iam hoping the 180 will help iam guessing i will loose a bit of high speed stability but hey. Thanks for any advise stumpy
The 180 will be ok.
Hanging your knee out through bends helps bring the busa around.
You don't have to get it down, just get some weight over the inside of the bike.
There are lots of discussions about them if you dig through these tyre pages.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
try a 190/55.they steer much better with them and you,ve still got the 190 tyre footprint,just with a taller sidewall,much better.
I will be going a 55 profile on my next i've heard a few members that push hard on the track of course praise the 55 for turn in!
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
PP's are naturally pointy tyres for quicker turn in, unless your aim is for track work Id stick to oem sizes.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
BUSGO Wrote:The 180 will be ok.
Hanging your knee out through bends helps bring the busa around.
You don't have to get it down, just get some weight over the inside of the bike.
There are lots of discussions about them if you dig through these tyre pages.
thanks busgo yer i dont mind hanging off it just after 25 years of play time iam carrying a few injurys so any extra help, iam going for a 190/55 cheers stumpy
spamanglenn Wrote:try a 190/55.they steer much better with them and you,ve still got the 190 tyre footprint,just with a taller sidewall,much better.
thanks spamanglenn iam going to take your advise and use a 190/55 i will let you know what i think after a few rides thanks stumpy
190/55's are the go. Since my first set I have never gone back to 50's. They tip really good!!!!! You'll be wrapped how the BUS moves from side to side. Enjoy!!!! Pi_thumbsup
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
Hi Stumpy,

Have you checked the sag and ride height? If not, it'd be the best place to start before expecting big things from your tyres.

Cheers,
Tim
Licence Back!
About 40mm front and back total sag seem to work pretty good for the road.you might struggle to get that on the front springs as they are too soft.
Gassick Wrote:190/55's are the go. Since my first set I have never gone back to 50's. They tip really good!!!!! You'll be wrapped how the BUS moves from side to side. Enjoy!!!! Pi_thumbsupthanks gassick they seem to be the tyre of choice for play time i will have them on in a couple of weeks i will let you know how they go cheers stumpy
TimF Wrote:Hi Stumpy,

Have you checked the sag and ride height? If not, it'd be the best place to start before expecting big things from your tyres.

Cheers,
Tim

thanks timf no i havent but i live just down the road from shock treatment and i thought i would save up a few bucks and get them to have a crack at it thanks stumpy
spamanglenn Wrote:About 40mm front and back total sag seem to work pretty good for the road.you might struggle to get that on the front springs as they are too soft.
thanks once agian spamanglenn iam going to change the fork oil on the week end so i will have a go at checking it out iam trying to save a few bucks and i will run her down the road to shock treatment and get them to set it up for me thanks stumpy
Shouldn't take them long and also shouldn't cost you very much.
Licence Back!
doing the front forks will make the biggest difference for road riding and doing the shock helps the most on the track.Pi_thumbsup