Ghost hunter!
Anyone get ghost gears when shifting from 4 to 5 sometimes? or any other gears? Are there any cures? <i></i>
Yep if you lower your gear changer you will have a tendency to be more positive with your change, you can grease the small ball joints on the gear changer,
you can also use a synthetic oil in the engine/ gearbox for a slicker change

OHZONE
Could be (a colorless gas (O3) soluble in alkalis and cold water; a strong oxidizing agent; can be produced by electric discharge in oxygen or by the action of ultraviolet radiation on oxygen in the stratosphere (where it acts as a screen for ultraviolet radiation))
Or maybe he's just some Wanker in WA !.<i></i>
G'day Chunky,
Some busas get stiff changes from 5th to 6th.
I missed a gear twice in the first month or so of ownership but I adjusted the gear lever to suit my boot size and it has been sweet ever since. I think the ones that I missed were more lazy left foot syndrome more than anything wrong with the gearbox.

Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
I'll try adjusting the shifter. I tried using different brand of oils and viscositys, cause i thought it was the oil but found it still does it. <i></i>
I agree with Ohzone. The way the gear lever is set at the factory leaves a bit to be desired. You need to operate it by rotating your foot on the peg NOT lifting it off the peg to pull the lever up.

Ohzone is right about those rubber dust boots on the ball ends too. How many owners roll them back to lubricate the ball joint ? I have seen those completely shot & flopping around with an inch of lever lost motion @ 20,000 k's.

Problems in the past have always related to upchanges rather than down changes as far as I'm aware & have included bent selector shafts & worn/sheared pins on the selector drum in the worst case scenario's.

Once you have the lever ball joints & pivot shaft lubricated & set properly, you can then exclude that from any further trouble shooting. Good luck with it. <i></i>
Militec Militec Militec
Where are you Kawa
Don't bag it untill you try it
one thing you will notice is the smooth gear changes

Cheers Robert
World Wide CEO
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au
<i></i>
If you have too much slack on your chain it may affect it. Make sure it is within the correct range, by memory about 20 mm play Every ten seconds, somewhere on this earth,there is a woman giving birth to a child.She must be found and stopped<i></i>
I think Evil is pretty right on this one.

I put in Militec and noticed my gear changes got MUCH worse (sorry boss-man) about 2 weeks later. I eventually checked my chain and it was very loose. Tightenend it and gear changes are much better now.
"sometimes, crime does pay"

Employee of the Month
Easyrider Imports

<i></i>
Employee of the Month WTF why wasn't i told
and where have all the emoticons gone, there is going to be some changes around here very soon
and where is Kawa gone, his head will be first

Cheers Robert
World Wide CEO
Easyrider Imports
<i></i>
I adjusted it and greased the boot, seems better now. <i></i>