Little hacks
I bought one of these...

And for the money, it's basically the best thing I ever bought for a motorbike (BTW I cut off those clamps).

Looks so neat on my bike and the function is limitless, GPS, phone, mp3 player etc.

Good things do come in small packages. Any ideas on waterproofing? Half a balloon stuck over it??

Also pictured is my new tank cover, it's not a bagster but a no-name alternative. Much cheaper, but I reckon it looks mint.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey sutur,

that tank cover looks sweet as....Pi_thumbsup
ya got a link for that, pls?!?

Coolsmiley
Vera noice.

Yeah, after this trip (lol) when I needed it the most probably, I want to put in one of those 12v plugs.
Next time...

I was looking at this site for stuff n ideas.

http://www.powerletproducts.com/shop-by-...ix/LUGTRIX
But awesome temp idea, I might just grab one, where did you get that one from?
Sorry I just saw your link, I might have a quick lookie around during the next few days.
Go hard, or Go home!
(11-03-2010, 05:00pm)bazman Wrote: Hey sutur,

that tank cover looks sweet as....Pi_thumbsup
ya got a link for that, pls?!?

Coolsmiley
Yeah sutur, can you give us a link for the tank bag,please .If you get the Powerlet style socket (smaller diameter) which is rubber you can shape it to fit in the frame hole on the right hand side ,then get an adaptor from powerlet socket to std socket ,or fit powerlet male socket's to anything you whish to plug in .Looks like it was factory fitted . About 50 buck's all up .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Good waterproof housing is a 35mm wet film canister. Just silicone around where the wires go through the bottom. Once the lid is on, pretty much water tight. An old mate had 2 set up on a KLR he travelled around Aus on. he had them both inside the film canisters and never had a problem.
Cheers,
Terry
film cannister!!!! what are they??????
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/CM-SEATS-0781-281-0782

That's the shop I got it from. But he only has the 02-06' one somehow. If you ask him he might have another in stock. The GBP is so weak right now it's shocking, really shocking (from 2.5 dollars to the pound down to 1.6). So if you had your eye on anything in UK but found the pound to strong now's the time to strike.

Film cannister - good idea, maybe just the lid of a cannister would be even better - or is that what you meant?

I mate of mine came over yesterday and suggested a cigarette plug, he tells me new cars don't come with the cigarette lighter anymore, just a plug over the socket. Autobarn maybe.
The new age of Digital cameras eh!!!!! A film canister is what the old 35mm film came in.

sutur, the lid may fit on the plug you have, can't tell size by looking at a pic. Actually my mate was using a cigarette lighter socket in the film canister, perfect size.
Cheers,
Terry
I have fitted a cigarette lighter socket to my hayabusa some years ago. Jaycar Electronics sells one with a cap on it. It's called a cigarette lighter extension cord.It features a female socket with a dust cap,a three metre cord and a male plug with a 5 amp internal fuse.Their 2009 catalogue price is $12.95 for one and the part number is PP-1992.They also have quite a wide variety of male and female inline DC power socket connectors. Depending upon how much current you need,I ran the power and earth source from the spare position light (parking light) in the nose cone next to the headlight (Gen 1).This way there is no interference with the bike's electrics.Maximum allowable current draw from this power source is 2.4 amps.The colour coding for the position light wires are brown positive and black with a white tracer negative. I ran the wires into the ducktail next to the toolbag.Cheers Pi_thumbsup