Spontaneous sensor fix on my car?!??
Any ideas what's going on here.

Limped 100km from Parramatta last Sunday - eventually figured out the car wouldn't rev pass 2500km. My car gave me a code saying the Cam Position Sensor was buggered, so ordered a new one ($260 in Australia, though sells for $32 in the USA and they wonder why we go overseas).

Anyway, had to hand back a borrowed car on short notice yesterday (Saturday) so chanced Parramatta trip again in my car keeping it below 2500km. On the way back - engine check light goes out and the car has decided to run perfectly.

Ran it back and forth to Parramatta again today - still good! Do I get my $260 back (haven't collected the part yet) or keep it as it's bound to be on it's way out. Is it on it's way out?!??

Something always plays up when I switch fuel - went from BP ethanol blend to Caltex ethanol when it played up and it corrected again when I put Caltex premium in it. Now back to usual BP ethanol blend and it's still okay. Cars!
Carpe Diem!
Dunno what car you got but I,ve seen cam sensors play up due to them being covered in oily gum. Hyundai especially. Clean em up with very fine wet and dry and off they go
what sort of car is it? My BA XR6 was throwing TPS codes and ford wanted $290 to diagnose it. Went to a mechanic mate and he told me to run a couple of tanks of premium and see what happens. No more codes. saved $290 + $450 the wanted for the sensor.
Oh yeah! It's a PT Cruiser.

Don't laugh, it's been incredibly reliable and has saved me putting 300,000km more on my Busa, which did 150,000 in 3 years before notching up 7,000km in 5 years. (that's quite sad, isn't it?)
Carpe Diem!
Heres a link to a chrysler forum that discusses the prob. i didnt read it all but it may help you!

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f111/f1...0-rpm.html

(Sorry i only know a bit about Fords!)
^yes...yes it is^ I am having a bit of trouble with my Magna...its getting on..11 yrs old but it seems to run rough when the weather is very wet...I spray wd40 on all the leectrics and it seems to clear up for a short while. I might give the fuel thing a go and see if that works.

bugger Hendrixhc beat my post by about .5 of a second!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(31-07-2011, 06:00pm)Throwdown! Wrote: Oh yeah! It's a PT Cruiser.

Don't laugh, it's been incredibly reliable and has saved me putting 300,000km more on my Busa, which did 150,000 in 3 years before notching up 7,000km in 5 years. (that's quite sad, isn't it?)

150,000 in three years wow, I am impressedVery Happy
Send it back and order one from the States Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I think I will. It's running perfectly for now, so should have time to import one. Will ride down to Penrith tomorrow and try for refund.
Carpe Diem!
I would prefer to spend the 300,000 km on the Hayabusa even if I had to renew Hayabusa. Just me.
You do a lot of KM stay safe.

i have heard that ethanol blend fuel is not good for some cars apart from the fact it doesn,t give the same mpg. mate of mine was spending 100 a week on fuel then found gull service station that had cheaper fuel but was 10% ethanol so he started running that and his fuel bill went up. even the v8 supercar blokes are saying they dont get the mpg out of their 80% ethanol cars as they were getting out of the petrol. dont know about oz but here in nz 10% ethanol fuel is only about 3-4cents a litre cheaper than normal fuel.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
Unfortunately I've soften up. Was riding in all weather - snow, HEAVY rain, excessive winds. Fun, but can't take the cold anymore since becoming a real Aussie citizen. I've fully aclimatised. :o(

quote='Landmine' pid='247766' dateline='1312211359']
I would prefer to spend the 300,000 km on the Hayabusa even if I had to renew Hayabusa. Just me.
You do a lot of KM stay safe.

[/quote]

Carpe Diem!
Just to conclude - the over-priced Cam Position Sensor appears to have fixed it and removed the 2500 rev limit. At least I didn't have to fork out another $160 ($25 from the States) for a Crank Shaft Sensor, although it might be time to import all that stuff from the States before I need it.
Carpe Diem!