Combo speed/red light camera photographing bikes ?
I have to travel through a combo red light & speed camera on my way to and from work and when I am the main vehicle that is in the camera's field of view I consistently get my picture taken , have not been speeding or going 1 or 2 k's over the limit (always under) and not going through on the amber or red light.
It's always when traveling away from the camera (gets a shot of the plate) and have had my picture taken on the Bussa and Street Bob but not when I am in my car.
So far I have had my picture taken six times this year (once a week the last three weeks).

I am in Perth and the combo camera is on leach highway.

It's getting to the point where I am spending more time looking at my spedo than paying attention to the traffic conditions around me.

If I use one of the other main roads to get to and from work there are more Combo speed/red light cameras to pass through.

Has anyone else noticed this?
write to your local member and complain
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
(08-07-2013, 09:40pm)revhead Wrote: write to your local member and complain

I was thinking of contacting whoever looks after the camera's or Police , but contacting the local member sounds like a better idea.

try current affair as well see if they will bite n do a story
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
I travel through the Eric Street lights and on accassions it has gone off. I am extremely aware the camera is there so ensure I am below the limit. It still makes me jump when it goes off. I usally just log it just as a reference in case I am contacted.
I hate looking down at my speedo.
It is a dangerous practice & should be banned.

(09-07-2013, 12:06am)GRUNTMAX Wrote: I hate looking down at my speedo.
It is a dangerous practice & should be banned.

Have to agree there , am assuming that's a pic of yourself while you were recovering.

I have been through that set of lights , been looking at the spedo then thought "Fu&k" were those lights green or amber when I went through them.

I have gone to the trouble of getting aTechMount for the Harley and Bussa so I can have the iPhone (or satnav) mounted at eye level with Trapster running (has a speed display and speed alert).
I liked the look of the tank mounted dials on the Harley but with a full face helmet it's not a quick glance to see the spedo . have to tilt my head down to look at the dials.

Hope Harley ownership doesn't get me banned Confused , still have the Bussa.

(08-07-2013, 09:36pm)A^K^T Wrote: I have to travel through a combo red light & speed camera on my way to and from work and when I am the main vehicle that is in the camera's field of view I consistently get my picture taken , have not been speeding or going 1 or 2 k's over the limit (always under) and not going through on the amber or red light.
It's always when traveling away from the camera (gets a shot of the plate) and have had my picture taken on the Bussa and Street Bob but not when I am in my car.
So far I have had my picture taken six times this year (once a week the last three weeks).

I am in Perth and the combo camera is on leach highway.

It's getting to the point where I am spending more time looking at my spedo than paying attention to the traffic conditions around me.

If I use one of the other main roads to get to and from work there are more Combo speed/red light cameras to pass through.

Has anyone else noticed this?

It is possible that they are just testing the system - field of view, timing etc. There were a lot of complains about the red light cameras timing issues - not giving enough time to drive through the crossing. You enter at green but have no chance to get across before the red one is on. Specially with an elderly slower drivers or drugged zombies in front of you. Many cities in US and Canada actualy abolishing the red light cameras as they create more dangerous situations than prevent. But then again when was this about safety in the first place Confused
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
They are probably gathering info so if you do break the law they have more evidence to identify and nail you. Big brother is watching.Police