Dumped fuel..
Posting before I check just in case anyone has had a similar problem. Rode bike to squash, came out and it was leaking fuel from ??? Started it from a distance..arms length with eyes shut..rode home and leak appeared to have stopped. Opened shed in morning and there was a full tank of fuel on the floor.. I am assuming that when I lift the tank I will find a cracked/ perished fuel line or gauge sensor seal.. Hopefully. (is that how you spell gauge ?? )
has anyone heard or had this problem ?? Will be investigating this weekend. BTW.. '99 model with 164000 on the clock, so probably perished from age / heat etc...
fuel lines should be changed every 4-5 yrs they do deteriate badly often clogging up fuel pump to. suggest 2 new fuel lines and check fuel pump filters all 3 of them, perhaps overhaul with new o rings to.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Yep, you are right... degraded fuel return line. 1 left in Melbourne.. Must be my lucky day, tried to use standard 5/16 line but the fit was poor. So have to stick with the original hose with 5/16 one end and 3/8 the other. Will replace both though and check/service pump at same time.
Thanks, Mike.