Codes and not starting
Just spent the last 3 months dicking around with a re paint and it used to start!!! Now I just get that bloody "CHECK".
Is there and easy way to diagnose whats holding things up?
It cranks over, so the starting circuit is OK, but the fuel pump doesn't kick in on ignition so I'm wondering about the famous sidestand switch, or even worse, the ECU. It's a 99 so wondering also if they have ECUs packing it in now and again?

Bear
PS. Colour looks good! "Tangerine Scream"!
There are a couple of threads running on this
and bringing up the dealer codes. I had a similar
fault and its was just a fuel pump relay.
Found and checked with a paper clip thanks to
the guys on here !
it wont be the ecu ,you did say 3 months maybe the fuel in the pump turned to varnish and the pump is stuffed
Wooohoooo.
As usual, started at the furthest point from the problem. Jumped the pump, it worked, but no 3 sec run when turned on. So looked like ECU was not out putting the 3 sec run time. So steadily checked everything only to finally discover ECU wasn't being powered up! Back to the front of the bike and after many small successes and some failures, finally managed to get power to ECU. Just enough to get the FI codes. #42 which is.......no power to ECU!
I'll cut to the chase. Anyone who gets under 10.5 sec as o fit a lanyard. Mmmmh. Just a cheap piece of shit whose terminals corded just enough to Crete a resistance.......no ECU power.
Problem solved.
Interesting though, I have yet to hear of an ECU failing. Both Suzuki shops I phoned had never experienced one ever! So if you ave problems, do basics. Loose wire, blown fuse, corroded terminals. Relays are easy to check. Making a code switch is easy stuff. Jumping stuff is easy. And 12v won't torch the ECU so go for it.
Now o put it back together for the photo shoot!
Good shit mate.

Show us the pics when your done!

Axe
Should have it all back together tonight. Need to cut and buff the nose cone, then the photoshoot!
did the kanjis in gold leaf just for the hell of it!
Cheers