NSW mob
Hey there

I'm taking the busa for a bit of a run over the next few days, let him stretch his legs a bit.

Aparently there is a bit of road that goes through National Park along the edge of the coast to Wollongong past a pub? Anyone know what this is called? I've been told about it being a legendary bike road, but I don't know how to find it.

HEIDI xxx
Hi Hiedi,
Its the Royal National Park. Which I have never really liked since it's rather bumpy and there are heaps of cops on the weekends. Still many others like it...

Take the coastal road up from Wollongong. not sure what it's called but it's the one that goes through Thirroul (spelling?). This will take you up to Stanwell Tops, which is where the national park begins.

If you enter from that way, be careful over hte forst few kms since it can get a little mossy.

Cheers,
Guy

Mossy huh? That road sounds like it SUCKS! I'm going from Sydney so I might just scoot down to The Gong then play on Macquarie Pass for a while (that'll keep me busy).
See what you mean about mossy! A top ride though, I had a fantastic time Sunday. Saw a copper busa go past right down low in the National Park. Anybody familiar?
There is a little stretch that is heavily shadowed just a couple of kms from the south exit. It's known for a little moss. If its not there now, its not there now. Glad you had fun... see any cops?
-guy
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear..... there was HUGE amounts of big, slippery, bright green MOSS!! It was MOST disconcerting to look down and see that beneath the tyres. I'm glad you warned me, it would have scared the hell out of me if I wasn't expecting it. One of the guys at Stanwell Tops (?) told me it is 'grippy moss' I wasn't so sure.

I had a FANSTASTIC time. The bus didn't miss a beat and we caused havoc up and down the NSW coast. More cops than y0u could poke a stick at. There were two guys who knew the road just ahead of me so I used them as woodducks.

HEIDI xx
What was that guy on?! Never heard of "grippy" moss before. A friend of ours who recently wrote off his R1 near Stanwell Tops would probably disagree with the "gripping" ability of the moss!

Let us know when you next plan to cause havoc up and down the NSW coast and Gary and I will meet up with you at Stanwell Tops.

Jo
Sounds great, love to catch up. Where are you guys based?
We live in Sydney, right in the heart of the city. We love it, but it means at least one hour fighting traffic before we can hit any decent roads where there aren't too many idiots in cars to deal with!!
Is "grippy moss" anything like "grippy wet tram tracks"?
Yeah, quite a bit like that. Also like that very pretty 'grippy oil slicks' that appear only when it rains....