Hendrixhc's Long Term XE falcon Rebuild
Ill kick of this section of the Forum with some info on my XE i have been rebuilding for the last 3 years.

I have a full build thread on Xfalcon and an Abbreviated thread on Ozfalcon if anyone wants to read the whole thing!

http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php?...e-project/

http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/to...e-project/

So the story goes i was looking for an XC GXL FAIRMONT and had organised to buy one for $7500 from a guy in qld but the fucker sold it on me for $8k at the 11th hour. So im sittin home with a wad of cash and the ball and chains blessing to buy a V8 so i had to strike while the iron was hot.

I jumped on car sales and spotted a factory T code GL for $6k and thought why not go for a look.

I booked tickets to Melbourne for me and the mrs and flew in drug dealer style with a pocket full of cash and the rest is history. I managed to pick her up for $3k and drove her straight home!

Now unknown to me but the GL 351 is quite rare and was generally only sold as Police pack so i have been told it is an ex interceptor. It had all the right bits and pieces so what the heck ill run with it.

So this was her when i got her home

[Image: 01012009_001-1.jpg]

[Image: XEFORDINTERIORANDUNDERBONNET021.jpg]

[Image: XEFORDINTERIORANDUNDERBONNET023.jpg]
So the plans were to give it a quick clean up and just enjoy driving it. That all when to shit in a shoe box very quickly. I put 6000k on her in about 3 - 4 months cause i just loved the sound of that clevo.

Now one thing i always planned to do was get rid of the gas cause i just dont like it. So that was one thing that was high on the agenda. The second thing was to try and locate the original engine cause it had been swapped out with an F truck donk so the previous owner could rebuild mine for his truck ( if that makes sense).

I ring the guy up and he had just finished machining the block and buying all the slugs, regrinding crank, line boring and smoothing the valley ready for his truck. So some fast talking and some cash saw the block on its way to me.

The funny thing was he needed my engine for his truck so i had 3 days to get it out and off. thank god my 7 months pregnant wife was happy to help me yank it out the hole.

So engine was out and i was left with an unbuilt clevo and a filthy engine bay.

[Image: 03082009_009.jpg]

original block back.

[Image: 03082009.jpg]
I then proceeded to pull the gas system out and was left with a couple of holes in the strut tower and a nice dent where the gas fitter had pounded the shit out of the tower to fit the convertor.

Enter the mig welder to fill the holes!

I thought while iam at it i might as well seem weld the bay and do a bit of cosmetollogy to the panels.

This is what i ended up with after bought 500hrs.

[Image: polished3.jpg]

[Image: baypol1.jpg]

[Image: baypol2.jpg]

[Image: baypol5.jpg]

[Image: baypol3.jpg]

From there on everything has not been about getting the job done quickly but polishing, smoothing and modifying. Some would say slightly obsessive with bling and shine!

So cut a long story short ill just chuck up a few photos of the bodywork so you can see what i mean.

Now dont be to critical cause i am a novice learning as i go!

Boot lid and bonnet ribs plated, filled and smoothed

[Image: bonnetdone7.jpg]

[Image: bootlidfit1.jpg]

All Panels had been bare metalled and reworked and resprayed.

[Image: sailntrim6.jpg]

[Image: hdltloomdn1.jpg]

[Image: roofrepaint4.jpg]

[Image: anzacday1215.jpg]

[Image: anzacday1214.jpg]

[Image: anzacday1213.jpg]
All suspension has been removed and rebuilt, refurbished or replaced and nolathane fitted to everything!

[Image: anzacday1211.jpg]

[Image: anzacday1210.jpg]

[Image: anzacday122.jpg]

Boot all fitted out battery and sound

[Image: bootflrdone2.jpg]

[Image: batboxenc5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Hendrixhc's Long Term XE falcon Rebuild - by hendrixhc - 15-05-2013, 07:03pm
RE: Hendrixhc's Long Term XE falcon Rebuild - by CaptainRob - 15-05-2013, 07:48pm
RE: Hendrixhc's Long Term XE falcon Rebuild - by CaptainRob - 20-05-2013, 08:26pm
RE: Hendrixhc's Long Term XE falcon Rebuild - by Dale - 21-05-2013, 12:51pm