Aussie Day Mishap!
Australia Day mishaps.

Damn. Seems like a number of us hit the black stuff on the Long weekend. At least I did mine at Phillip Island. Good weather and great view. Pickup vehicle comes around and picks you up in 5 minutes.

Those bloody stator covers just grind away too quick huh.

Glad your in good shape, and yeah, full piece or zip together really helps. I had the zip together ones on and they worked like a treat.

Best of luck with repairs.

Tycho
Sorry to hear mate, all the best for a speedy recovery and repair
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Thank you for your thoughts,best wishes and offers of help this truly is a great club to be part of.Pi_thumbsupGrouphug

Wounds are healing nicely sick of changing dressings though!
The most important thing of course is myself and mozz could walk away
bikes can be replaced people can't BUT being a one busa man from new in 03 putting 50 plus ks on her it's still sad walking up to a empty shed.

Will see how Insuremyride go's first time with them?
My first mistake was being honest with my misfortune to the Police
by reporting what had happened the previous day short version they issued me with a Neg driving charge,3 demerit point's,and $300 plus fine go figure!Wtf

Looking into fighting this Icon_box_

Thanks again Mark
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
One blessing is that the double demerits only applied to the speeding fines and helmet laws that day Mark.
Still a buggar though. A couple of friends of mine have been in similar situations and lost the battle about single vehicle offs I'm afraid.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Seatbelts is the other offence that carrie's d/d points the only thing in my favour is a bike went down in front of me I feel I have to try just have to see how much I could be up for it's a matter of principle.
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Whichever way it goes mate. Once the infringement notice is issued, you never get the points back win or lose.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
sorry to hear mate hope your elbow and love handels get well soon!
you got charged with what? could you explain the hole mrplod thing a little more plz?
they charged you cos you downed your pride and joy? Undecided
Peregrine Falcon - Capable of slicing winds at over 300km/h
Hayabusa - Capable of carrying my arse to over 300km/h
Crashing your bike is like finding out your missus cheated on you.the love is never the same after that.I hope it all works out for ya dude,and hip rashes on 2 piece leathers i know about too.Take care,by the time its all repaired you,ll be that keen you,d ride a trolley at coles.Buy a billet stator cover too,there not just bling,there heavy and strong.Just promise me you won,t go to the dark side of 07.Lol3
Hi Slade,

As a matter of course a single vehicle accident is almost always treated as Negligent Driving and therefore infringement issued. This is the same for cars or bikes.

The logic is if you have a SVA (and there were no extenuating circumstances) then you must have been negligent. Slip in the wet ergo you were going too fast for the conditions therefore negligent....

Its not much consolation but this also applies in the US (and probably everywhere else). I got a lift with a US motorist (about 20 yrs ago) when an airport was closed due to snow and as we passed cars that had skidded off the snow covered highway the driver mentioned that the cops would be having a field day with Neg Driving charges ie you slide off the snow covered road you must have been going too fast for the conditions.......

The proof of the neg driving is the accident.

Driller, sorry to hear the news and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Cheers
Sorry to hear Mark, brings back painful memories of Johns and my "off" late last year.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Sorry to read of it Mark we all emphathise. Wishing you a speedy recovery and success against the plods.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
steventh Wrote:Hi Slade,

As a matter of course a single vehicle accident is almost always treated as Negligent Driving and therefore infringement issued. This is the same for cars or bikes.

The logic is if you have a SVA (and there were no extenuating circumstances) then you must have been negligent. Slip in the wet ergo you were going too fast for the conditions therefore negligent....

Its not much consolation but this also applies in the US (and probably everywhere else). I got a lift with a US motorist (about 20 yrs ago) when an airport was closed due to snow and as we passed cars that had skidded off the snow covered highway the driver mentioned that the cops would be having a field day with Neg Driving charges ie you slide off the snow covered road you must have been going too fast for the conditions.......

The proof of the neg driving is the accident.

Driller, sorry to hear the news and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Cheers

I hadnt heard of this.
Sounds unbelievable.
What, you don't even get a chance to argue your case somewhere?
That stinks.
What if there was oil on the corner?
Why is that your fault.
Incredible.
spamanglenn Wrote:Crashing your bike is like finding out your missus cheated on you.
Funny but also so true
Hi DJ.

While Im not a lawyer I beleive tht in the vast majority of cases a SVA will get you a neg driving infringement. this was reinforced in the accident at the latest Jindy weekend.

In that case the guys were NOT given a Neg driving but the PC confirmed tht this was rare (she said in 9/10 cases one would be given) because she was aware of the heavy rain, saw the sand/gravel that was washed over the road with the skid marks in it and where it was positioned. She was also satisfied that we were travelling at the advised speeds.

As I mentioned, the fact that you had a SVA is evidnce that you were negligent. I hve even heard, though not first hand, of someone getting one when they crashed avoiding an animal on a country road. The reason; they should have been aware of the risk and driven accordingly.

Regards
Steven