remote start / alarm
what has made me think about the pager option is my mates bike getting stolen from work. My bike, if at work is 2 floors away, so I could make it to my bike between the first alarm and someone putting it on the back of a ute.. Would i approach the guys.. probably, there is a few bike riders that sit near me, plus 3 security gaurds at the font desk that are bored all day. im sure I would have takers for the bike rescue operation. :-)
[Image: bmr.gif]
i like the pager option too. who sells the gorrilla kit? and how much?
commando Wrote:i like the pager option too. who sells the gorrilla kit? and how much?

gorilla alarms
try this one mate
bandit Wrote:
commando Wrote:i like the pager option too. who sells the gorrilla kit? and how much?

gorilla alarms
try this one mate

speak to people that have them first i have heard a lot about false pages etc but i dont have one so do your homework
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
hook up the pager to the remote start.. if someone is trying to pinch it, auto start it for them.. its always nice to help out you know.
Quote:speak to people that have them first i have heard a lot about false pages etc but i dont have one so do your homework

I've had the alarm for 4 months. It's armed even when sitting in my garage and I've never had a false page... nor do I understand how you could get a false page unless the alarm were triggered.
Have you got a baseball bat ready for the day the pager does go off?
does any one know if there are any stores in melbourne that sale em?
BigGeorge is going to start sending stuff from the US for us :)
I've got a Mongoose brand unit. Mines remote start with the pager option (which I don't have). Mines got a mercury switch if the bike is stood up straight from the side stand it goes off. If someone is able to bypass the alarm & get it started without the key in the ignition, the engine cuts out as soon as it's put into gear. If someone gets it started without the alarm disabled it will run for 20 seconds & then stop unless the key is inserted in the ignition.

I use the remote start every day. I can start the bike from my office. So by the time I get down to the carpark it's close to warm & don't need to hang around as long.
Not sure of the maximum distance the remote ctrl works, but I've used it at about 250m in line-of-site & it worked. I was at a restaurant in Melb & could see my bike from the table. A couple of guys were hangin around & when one got too close for me I just hit the ARM button which just makes the unit beep as it was already armed.
I like that option - around 300 for that setup ya?
RaZz0R Wrote:I like that option - around 300 for that setup ya?

I had mine fitted as I'm not good with electrics. It was done well & put into the wiring loom, not just a few extra wires stuck here & there.
The siren is under the back seat & the main unit is under the front seat. All fits well.
Was done at One Stop Motorcycles at Browns Plains In Brissy.
Cost me $400 fitted. He did a bangup job so was happy to pay the bit extra.
commando Wrote:does any one know if there are any stores in melbourne that sale em?

There is a place that fits car and motorcycle alarms in city road. Next time I go past I will run in and grab a business card for ya. Pi_thumbsup
never fly higher than your angel.
Quote:I've got a Mongoose brand unit. Mines remote start with the pager option (which I don't have).

Thats the same as i have and i used to be a mongoose dealer and never had any problems with bike or car units $400 fitted was a couple of years back now dont think they would have increased to much
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
should have decreased! Thing is if they can by-pass the one I posted up & they can by-pass this one - why would I want to pay the extra what - 300 to get it?

Seems like a rip off for the same shit to me