what would you do?
I was at a client's house last week.
Parked on the grass portion of the footpath with the stand just on the edge of the concrete pathway.

Came out 1hr later & my bike had been moved.
The steering lock was on & so they just pushed it around in a curve. It was now across & totally blocking the concrete footpath.

It was the guy next door moved it to mow the grass. I was blistering. Wanted to go & knock his front door down.

I restrained myself as it was a client's house & it was his neighbour.
+ my client does a fair bit of work in his garage & so I didn't want to upset the neighbour too much incase he complained to the council.

I was so pissed off. Frown

You know what they say. A dog has it's day. I'll wait.Knuppel2
all of the above in order including option 4.
Louwai Wrote:I was at a client's house last week.
Parked on the grass portion of the footpath with the stand just on the edge of the concrete pathway.

Came out 1hr later & my bike had been moved.
The steering lock was on & so they just pushed it around in a curve. It was now across & totally blocking the concrete footpath.

It was the guy next door moved it to mow the grass. I was blistering. Wanted to go & knock his front door down.

I restrained myself as it was a client's house & it was his neighbour.
+ my client does a fair bit of work in his garage & so I didn't want to upset the neighbour too much incase he complained to the council.

I was so pissed off. Frown

You know what they say. A dog has it's day. I'll wait.Knuppel2
no one has the rite to touch your bike i can understand your pain had a parent putting his 4 yr old on mine jam fingers and all its only a 250 but it is mine.
What a total Pi_freak he is, couldn't he just ask you to move it.

GIVE ME A...T

GIVE ME A...O

GIVE ME A.. O

GIVE ME A ...L Idiot2
never fly higher than your angel.
Louwai Wrote:Came out 1hr later & my bike had been moved.

There seems to be a serious breakdown or misunderstanding in etiquette here. We're not talking about a BMX bike... I mean, can you imagine if someone did the same thing to a car? "I'll just jump in, pop it in neutral, and roll it over there." Everyone would understand that it is unacceptable, that you can't just muck around with a strangers vehicle.
Licence Back!
should've left it in gear- he couldn't have moved it then!!!

Ruben- i agree: too much xbox/playstation/tv and not enough playing in parks, not talking to their kids, not letting them play in the mud, not getting them to clear their tables at macca's when they're finished. Things like this is why we have disrespectful youths. I'm only 25 and for the last few years i have been appalled at the youth coming through. Too many parents wanting to be friends and not setting boundaris or restrictions have caused this social decline in attitudes towards others. At work all the crew respect me because i'm fair but they know where the line, they all know how important the busa is so i know it was none of them- but whoever you were- think again, cause next time i might be watching and my busa can outrun whatever piece of crap you are driving when you do an egg drive throw!!!

cheers
Rob
1300hayabusa Wrote:
edris Wrote:You are not the only one last month I went to maccs had lunch came back and I had lettuce and big mac all over my car and I didnt look at any1 or dont have enemies, I even had pickles on my mirrors lol anyways just cleaned it up and drove home, there are lot of low lifes and farkk with in this world and we just cant do anything about it some people are just sick minded and some people arent.

There is always something you can do, its all a matter of how you want to deal with it secondly if they are sick minded and disposing of a rotten vegetable is even recomended by your fridge manufacturer and the health department why not some sunstroked,pill popping little fcuk head who has no respect for ones property.This all comes from bad parenting and bad attitude that this country is facing in a dramatic scale.You can see on the telly how some parenting (if you can call it that) is being done,purchasing of boose, dropping them off in some corner in the goldcoast,uncontrolable venues/partys blablabla and the list goes on.In Queensland there is no form of respect from the young generation as I have found out in the last 2.5 years since I have been here.If I did 1% of the shit that these little sons of bitches do when I was younger I wolud have had my mums palm print permanantly visible on a few parts of my body.There is an ocean of a difference between my generation(X) compared with these apropriately named generation Y,trust me the Y stands for WHY the fcuk are they even born.A gunnery sargent friend of mine once said that if all these little oxygen thieving motherfcukers stopped breathing we will pump enough oxygen in the atmosphere to get rid of half of the polution on the planet.Is that too harsh????? .

Mate I agree with parts of what you are saying but to generalise to the extent that you have and point the finger at the WHOLE of Gen Y is a bit harsh.

For the record I am part of Generation Y myself (albeit the first five years) so you're having a me as well when you claim Gen Y shouldn't exist or should be exterminated or whatever. How a kid turns out has a lot to do with, as you mentioned, how they're brought up. My parents were as strict as they come when it came to discipline. But there were also a few parents of kids my age that let them run wild, or didn't bring them up to learn the importance of respect and good morals. But I'm sure the problem's existed in the generations before mine, and will continue to exist in all the generations that follow. But I will agree with you that good parenting seems to be on decline for whatever reason. I'm even appalled at the way half the people in my generation carry on - I'm just not game to have a go at each and every one of them, nor each and every member of any another generation for that matter.

Case in point was when I was in Year 12 at school a few years back. I couldn't believe the lack of respect for the senior kids from the primary school kids. Yet they were only 8 years younger than us and still part of the same generation. When I was their age we looked up to the seniors with respect bordering on reverance. Most of us wouldn't have dreamed of being smartarses to them.

My apologies if I've misinterpreted what you've said but I feel to need to stand up for myself and the other 95% of my generation who do the right thing, but who get a bad rap because of the 5% who are idiots and give us all a bad name. Hopefully you see where I'm coming from.

Cheers Paul.
rob Wrote:should've left it in gear- he couldn't have moved it then!!!

Yeah, I agree Rob, but if he wasn't able to move it what would he have done???
Maybe just mowed very close around it & scratched it with the mower handle, or worse, sprayed rocks all over it.

He might have tried to jam the mower under it.

So overall I'm probably glad that he did actually move it, BUT, I was in the house next door. All he needed to do was ask.
some people just don't
1. Understand your passion for the bike.
2. Comprehend how much these things are worth

They just think...yep just a bike.

I had my nieces husband take his 2 yo into my garage....here we go...
First thing I thought yep the bike....so anyway 10 mins later dad comes into the loungeroom with a big smile on his face with 2 yo son with helmet on head obviously just managing to keep his head up because of the weight.
Take a pic he says...I just ignored him...
I was lucky it was my pillion helmet...but that one was right next to my Shoei which is worth 600 or 700 new....if it was that one I would have gone mental.
People just don't get it....lol
The problem is that riders these days are losing the rough bike attitude.

If it was a Harley it wouldn't have been moved....

Bring back attitude to bike FUCKIN riders that's what I say...who's in?
What about at Cleos a few months back some drunk bird I think it was goes up and sits on one of the bikes from Hangmore Club and knocks it over which in turn knocks another 5 or 6 bikes over in a chain reaction.

I wasn't there but f*** if I was I don't think I would have been as calm as the people who were there from what I heard.
I would have gone mental. Capitol M.
Knuppel2
I never
1. Sit on someone's bike without asking.
2. Touch someones bike without asking.
3. Ride someone's bike...full stop

Shit I'm fired up on this one...lol
A drunk woman walking past the pub I drink at, stopped, put one foot on a pillion peg and threw her leg over the bike. I let out the most almighty roar and she stopped as if frozen with one leg in the air. I slammed my beer down and was half-way to her before she blinked and got her booze-sozzled brain into gear. The two guys she was with took off and left her. She started to mutter something about, 'well why did you park it there if you didn't want people to sit on it...' but she stopped when I threw my hand back to slap her for her nonsense.

Funny, no-one touched the bike after that ever again. I think word got around.

We wouldn't climb into their CAR and scratch it with our belt buckles for fun, they can just bugger right off. I HATE it when people throw their leg over my bike. I'm with you Pete. Even at jindy when we are all mates (well not you obviously Ray), I would NEVER throw a leg over someone's bike unless I was told it was ok.
@Heidi Pi_thumbsup
Exactly...it ain't hard to work out.
DjPete Wrote:@Heidi Pi_thumbsup
Exactly...it ain't hard to work out.

Last year on the way to the Snowy ride we pulled up at Exeter to defrost and have a coffee, when a tourist bus pulled up. There were several bikes there, and while we were sitting there a group of them moved over to a blokes BMW R1200RT and climbed onto it. There were about 10 bikers in the restaurant at the time and we were all going apeshit at them. They were climbing on the wrong side of the bike, pulling the handlebars, and getting the wife to pose while they shot pictures for the holiday snaps.

They got off once they were told, but it did not stop them eyeing up a few more bikes including a mates K1100LT. He was ready to go out there and make them regret it.Icon_box_