FACEBOOK OR NOT?!
(05-10-2009, 02:44pm)Louwai Wrote:
(05-10-2009, 09:58am)richardo Wrote: Yeah agreed Louwai, I actually dont use twitter, can't really see the sense in it. Mentioned it tongue-in-cheek. lol cheers

Only drama at ATM is that the Chinese Gov have blocked FB. So I can't use it to contact anyone over there.

A little while ago there were some "issues with rebels" in China & they were using FB to pass their messages to each other as well as trying to recruit more members. So the Chinese Gov blocked it.
It may be allowed back in some time in the future............

They did the same thing to Google a few yrs back when I lived there. Some Gov official took a dislike to it & so they blocked it.
Communist Chinese Government---Communist Australian/Chinese Crudd Labor Government---same thing.
Facebook = communal wank.....Coolsmiley
Never ride the A model of anything.
(07-10-2009, 10:34am)Rev Wrote: Facebook = communal wank.....Coolsmiley

Hey Rev dont you know its always more fun when someone else does it for you
Regards

Dan
I quite like it, I use it as a tool to share photos with friends. I'm careful about who I let on (no-one from work), but it is a way of keeping in touch with my friends who are spread all around the world these days.
facebook yes, myspace & twatter no.

It's good for a shift worker, I can keep up with friends & family I normally couldn't.

I have a friend who regularly get facebook & myspace confused, she keeps telling people "to come on myface" Lol2
you know what.
Im going to give it a go.
as Heidi says, good for sharing pics with family around the world so for that alone probably not a bad idea. stay tuned for feedback in a few weeks or so.
Don't get caught up in the 15 year old girl nonsense (games and applications) and you'll be fine. Also, be very selective about who you let on.
how can you say ,be very selective about who you let on.
[/quote]

you let me on your freinds list Lol2 Lol2 Lol2
Yep. Clearly I don't follow my own advice.
I use it but like Heidi, I'm pretty careful. I NEVER accept invitations for the associated programs / games etc - thats where the majority of the bugs come from.

But for sharing photo's and video.... and keeping in contact with friends - especially those OS .... it has its purposes.
(07-10-2009, 04:18pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Yep. Clearly I don't follow my own advice.

i thourt you would have said something nice there heidi HMM but that was my mistake Lol3
Hi
Facebook is good because I can talk with my friends as a msn, we can share picture, videos as youtube, some minigames...
mini games only for the people who wants it to be safe, eg you can choose, if it's somebody you don't know you just don't accept it beacause those people who accept everyone when they receive the invitation it's because they are searching for other type of thing with unknown people. They are making their facebook not safe.
Tell your mom that facebook is safe for the people who want it to be safe and is responsable.
Good point. My mum does worry when I look at stuff on the internet.
Speaking as an international (bwahhahahahah) yes it is good for keeping up to date with family overseas. I like Facebook better than Bebo. Accept only those people you know and trust (counts you lot out :).
every man and his dog is on this shit.
EVEN Volvi!