WA the bloody nanny state
Belzybob original visor has
Australian Standard
AS 1609
Issued by SAI Global
AB684105

New visor has no sticker
So repeat after me read your sticker.

There cannot be an Australian Standards sticker...........all repeat after me: "Standards Australia/ Australian Standards do not exist and cannot issue stickers."
[/quote]

(14-01-2012, 10:31pm)Belzybob Wrote: I apologise to those good coppers I know, but the police farce is full of dicks that can't get a decent job.

LOL, sorry I know there are bigger issues at hand but that's a great pun Clap
It comes back to the blind references to 'Australian Standards'/'Standards Australia' in legislation. If lawmakers keep making references to obsolete commercial products then we're the ones who will suffer.

And I thought that in this day and age the Police recruitment process weeded out psychotic applicants?

Oh, I forgot, the mining boom. Seems that as long as you've got a pulse you've got a job.
Australian 4 x Over The Legal Blood Alcohol Limit Convicted Drunk Driver Living In The Lodge Labor Government Jerk Off Standards.
I suffered and am still suffering from a Severe Traumatic Brain Injury whilst wearing an Australian Standards Arai Full Face Helmet.
Australian Standards Helmets are not approved by the MotoGP were riders regularly crash at over 300 kmph. Consequently, I now wear a USA DOT / Snell Approved Shoei Full Face that is approved for MotoGP use.

Pigs don't like it. Bad luck. This real live crash test dummy will see ya in courtPi_thumbsdownPolicePi_thumbsdown
(13-01-2012, 08:05pm)KylieWA Wrote: Brand new 2011 exactly 4 weeks old off the show room floor.
Mods are: lowered, bar raiser, yoshi carbon pipes and some pin strips. Pulled over by Mr Plod doing 55km in a 60km zone, so couldn't be for speeding. Mr Plod walks around the bike and states " This is a really ugly looking bike" no bites from this end as obviously looking so something. This is how it goes:

1. Your tinted visor is illegal $100 and 3 points.
2. Your yoshi pipes are illegal and need removing.
3. Your rear foot pegs are illegal remove them (standard footpegs came with the bike.
4. Your bike has no reflector its illegal put it back on.

Okay yes the pipes are aftermarket but who doesn't have them, the rear reflector has been put back on, the foot pegs Wtf no chances as daughter rides on the back at times and the tinted visor, who doesn't have one but after investigation I found its not shatter proof.

We live in a bloody nanny state here god help us for wanting a nice ride out.

I'm convinced this coppa was blindConfused.

For a start he says what an ugly bike = blind
Illegal standard rear foot pegs = blind
Yoshi pipes that look good are illegal = blind
Tinted visor illegal = blind
And the reason he is on about the reflector is that he might run into it at night cause he is ...... you guessed it ........ F@$*king BLIND

It's cops like this that give them a bad name. I have known a few in my time and most have been normal people. Hope I never run into this Dick Head because I'll get locked up for sureKnuppel2.
BUSA there is no Substitute
There's so many myopic folk out there...

[Image: VictimFredcopy.jpg]
(15-01-2012, 11:40am)Camel Wrote: There's so many myopic folk out there...

[Image: VictimFredcopy.jpg]

LOL!! That's heaps funny!!
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
(15-01-2012, 08:21am)Camel Wrote: And I thought that in this day and age the Police recruitment process weeded out psychotic applicants?

All sorts of whispers were coming out of Joondalup about what was done to meet the CHOGM targets.
(15-01-2012, 12:41am)Landmine Wrote: Belzybob original visor has
Australian Standard
AS 1609
Issued by SAI Global
AB684105

New visor has no sticker
So repeat after me read your sticker.

There cannot be an Australian Standards sticker...........all repeat after me: "Standards Australia/ Australian Standards do not exist and cannot issue stickers."

SAI Global is not Standards Australia, therefore the sticker means nothing more than income to SAI Global.

My statement stands: There cannot be an Australian Standards sticker...........all repeat after me: "Standards Australia/ Australian Standards do not exist and cannot issue stickers.
(15-01-2012, 05:44am)sutur Wrote:
(14-01-2012, 10:31pm)Belzybob Wrote: I apologise to those good coppers I know, but the police farce is full of dicks that can't get a decent job.

LOL, sorry I know there are bigger issues at hand but that's a great pun Clap

I won't claim the pun, I borrowed it.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Belzybob I think you should read the Trade Practices Act 1974 - Consumer Protection Notice No. 9 of 1990 - Consumer Product Safety Standard: Protective Helmets for Motor Cyclists
- F2005B01097
Aus standards aside I think it is high time that coppers who purposly go out of their way to antagonise those who they are supposed to be serving and continously hand out pointless yellow stickers or whatever on what turns out to be factory fitted or legal equipment were made to face some sort of penalty for these disgracful and vindictive attacks. They cannot claim ignorance as that is no defence...according to their masters own regulations....also time that lazy B....rd Barnett was booted up the arse over this going on...what rubbish we have as politicians these days...Rob Johnson? does he even know what day it is?? and that other piece of work the seat sniffing bra strap snapping sacked and then reinstated Buswell...no wonder we get treated the way we do!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Some cops just take the piss don't they. That's really bad luck. Most of us would go a row if pulled up and a cop knew what to look at...
Modding is not illegal, its just that some stuff out there is not compliant to our regs, esp if you import
It would not be difficult to personalise your bike and stay legal
Having Kylies officer or one similar actually recognise this is a whole other deal
if you get a noise test,by a engineer which are listed on the rta sites,and passes which it should,you can keep using the yoshis.after it passes they take photos of the bike,exhaust,chassis number.this is tranfered to the rta and the cops have access to this info.you recieve a engineers report whitch you keep on the bike and produce it when you get pulled over by the police.im pretty sure this is the case in nsw.eginners reports costs a bit.$200 to $400.if you have not got the enginners report on you the police can acess the info.do your own homework.

Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Belzybob good for you, you could probably buy a bicycle hement and prove it was legal to use.