K8 Technical Discussion
sgcvc Wrote:The difference between Mode A and Mode B is in the mid range thottle openings. At wide open throttle there is no difference in horsepower output.

Exactly what I was told, that a GSXR1000 topped out the same bhp
and rev's in both the 2 performance maps, and that the difference was
only in the way the power was delivered, sort of "street and track" settings, and that the third map was quite strangled.
Could also be a marketing tool!

"Oh no..not a hayabusa..I only got my licence last week!"

"No worries....Sir can turn the power down to make it v manageable, and once sir has 3 weeks riding experience, sir can turn it up..in increments!"

"Will sir be taking the optional life insurance with that today?"
Compare the pair - old 350 v new 300 dash.
[attachment=4282]
[attachment=4281]

P.S. This new dash photo makes a beaut desktop background.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:P.S. This new dash photo makes a beaut desktop background.

As does this one, especially on laptops and widescreens ...
[Image: Image_18.jpg]
It tells the secondarie butterflies how far to open.

A they open all the way.

B they only open part way until you get to I thik it's 96% throttle.

C they open part way the whole time.

Hope this helps you undestand.
A T.R.E can still be used and is required- Cheers
Astrobusa Wrote:Ok Mr. Honda... everybody else has shown their cards... your turn.

Wheres the new Blackbird? Honestly, you can't keep flogging the old model forever. Yes, nice all-rounder - but a bit boring.

The K8 busa needs some fresh meat to feast on. Ghastly

And the ZX14 doesn't really deserve 2nd place. So that gives you something to aim for.

Busa - Blackbird - ZX14 : 1, 2 and 3. Then everything would be back to normal. Bump

Mate from what I've heard they're discontinuing the Blackbird as of next year, and I have no idea what (if anything) they're replacing it with Confused
BUSGO Wrote:Compare the pair - old 350 v new 300 dash.

P.S. This new dash photo makes a beaut desktop background.

100,000!
thats unreal man,good stuffPi_thumbsup
hows she holding up busgo?
Like the power/economy switch on a car, I know its there somewhere, don't ask me to find it while i'm on the move. Set it to power when I bought it 5 years ago and havn't touched it since.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Me personally will be leaving the switch stuck in A mode. The only reason I'd think this switch had any benefit would be if it saved you fuel. From what I've read I donâ€t think this is the case. If you canâ€t ride a busa within your capabilities in the wet get a scooter, or some track days up your sleeve.....

I also hope this switch doesn't limit the ability to play with your own tunes as the need arrises.
HD DUDE Wrote:Me personally will be leaving the switch stuck in A mode. The only reason I'd think this switch had any benefit would be if it saved you fuel. From what I've read I donâ€t think this is the case. If you canâ€t ride a busa within your capabilities in the wet get a scooter, or some track days up your sleeve.....

I also hope this switch doesn't limit the ability to play with your own tunes as the need arrises.

I agree. When i got my unlimited license (1981) there really only was 1000CC bikes and the only thing that governed speed or power was your right hand, i havent even tried the mode switch yet and probably never will, the bike is more than rideable in A mode it just depends on how much and how hard you twist the throttle.

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
the onyl thing i found usefull about the switch was when doubling in traffic helped to stop me surging forward and annoying the pillion. but apart from that A mode all the way!!!! it will come in usefull if you where to turbo the bike i think as you could probably have 3 different boost maps in it. i think i dont know for sure so dont qoute me but it should be feasable.
Regards

Dan
I use my bike for more touring than around town.
I am wondering if the fuel consumption goes down in the B and C modes when you are transitting.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
if it works how i think it does i dont think it ould make any difference as long as your cruising at the same speed etc. although what it will do is kurb how myuch fuel you use when you give the throttle a quic stab jsut cause you can:P i know mine uses ltosa fuel when i do that hahahaha
Regards

Dan
Dan85 Wrote:if it works how i think it does i dont think it ould make any difference as long as your cruising at the same speed etc. although what it will do is kurb how myuch fuel you use when you give the throttle a quic stab jsut cause you can:P i know mine uses ltosa fuel when i do that hahahaha

O.k, Got the new Busa, also got the new mode switch!! Member a couple of posts ago had it about right!

But this is what it says in the owners manual,
(Quote) A mode provides sharp throttle response at all throttle opening range to obtain maximum engine power.
B mode provides softer throttle response than A mod at all throttle opening range.
C mode provides softer throttle response than B mode at all throttle opening range.

I've ridden the bike whilst holding the throttle on half, and selected the modes whilst still acceleratin. On slow revs (still running in) there is a very noticable difference between modes. This would have to be exaggerated whilst in high revs.

Got an old GS 1100 and with the mode switched to C it's very similar in response and speed and power to that.
How ever, put it in A and the power is just stupid!!
Been a naughty boy over the weekend! and had it revving a bit!!
She goes!!
I have been using the mode selector a fair bit. Just makes it a nicer bike to ride on the highway, it's much more sedated and less twitchy on the throttle. But for overtaking and accelerating hard A mode is the best!!!
Just like the fact you can change it! You have the choice at least!!