touring bags
hi guys, had a bit of a dig around and cant realy find what im looking for

a couple of the lads and i have a couple of big rides coming up, and am wondering what people would recomend in the way of tank bags and saddle bags, realy liking the look of the recon 19, but i cant find any aus dealers, and still havnt figured a good pair of soft saddle bags,

whats everyones thoughts on this? and who should i be buying from? i did check out bgw but that section is ether down or discontinued

all help greatly appreciated :)
ash
I use Kriega gear..not cheap but last a lifetime http://www.kriega.com.au/ good service, fast delivery too!!
I've got an R20, R30, US-5 and US-10 + other bits and pieces. I did a 7 day trip and the R30 alone was perfect.
The US bags can be used as tail packs, tank bags etc.. or join up to the back packs. Nearly all the range are fully waterproof.

With the quad harness on the backpacks, regardless of how much weight packed in, you don't feel it. 2 min on the bike and you forget it's even there.
wow they do look tough, do they tie down well on the busa's?

hmmm considering i already have a large backpack, its looking like the us20 or us30 might be the good choice, id take a guess at saying the R30 and us30 would be the same size, whats the idea of storage in it, say 3 pairs jeans, 3 shirts, a camera and a pair of shoes? probly have heaps of room left over, looking very promising Very Happy
With the US bags they come with a strap system. If you use the pillion seat, feed the straps under and the other ends have clips for easy removal etc..
Given that they are straps and clips, choice is yours. Tie 'em onto anything!

R30 - with the items you mentioned it would half fill it. I had in mine roughly 1 pair jeans, 2 jumpers, 3 t-shirts, 2 thermal tops, sneakers, wet weather riding gear, socks, jocks, towel and bathroom stuff, digital camera + gopro camera, cigarettes, spare pair of gloves, bike cover and tools.

My R20 (US 20 same kind of size) I've fit 2x Dainese leather jackets with full armour and a pair of shoes. Would fit the gear you mentioned no probs.
This is my day to day pack that has a story of the amount of shit I've taken home on the bike in it.

The US packs use a roll up the end and clip it down system to open and close. some like it, some hate it. Gauranteed 100% waterproof though.

Will upload some pics if you want.
If your not carrying a pillion ,I reckon a tail bag is the way to go . I use one for our yearly Tathra Trip & their great . I'm looking at a second one like this

http://www.jcwhitney.com/iron-horse-iron...?TID=101DF&AID=10273849&PID=2187177&SID=1337192653z02podz58sg26ccu5uo06v&JCW_SRC=AFF&flexid=&cj=1

So I can have 2 on for Longer Trips .You can't buy decent Quality bike luggage in Aust . Well I can't find Any & In the USA you have the likes of Chase Harper,Iron horse & Fieldsheer, to name just a few,Who have been trading for years & have Great Quality.Check on ridersdiscount.com who have a fixed international shipping Rate of $25-00 & good prices & range of Goods .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
that sounds awesome and much appreciated if you could, im in the process of doing my orders now, tyres and parts on the way, just got to decide on the bags and swag :), you have been a great help thanks
Sorry..pics from phone.

My R30, R20 with US5 on back and my US10.

The US10 I can fit my Dainese size 52 jacket as an idea for size - jacket has all typical armour in it too.

rolled closed and stuffed with full jacket

typical clip system

No it doesn't come in pink

R20 with US-5 clipped on

US-10

R20 opened up

mmm interesting
+1 for Kriega. I've got a bag that I clip to pillion seat. I've had it a couple of years now, use it every day and its still waterproof. Large enough to fit laptop, lunch and a jumper in easily.
You might want to have a look at the RKA website. www.rka-luggage.com I have ordered a set of soft saddlebags ($225) and a tankbag to go with it ($165). There is a lead time of 3 or 4 weeks. The website shows them fitted to the Busa. Look good.
Dennis

Has anyone tried for fit the Ventura Monza throw over saddle bags. Saw them today on pash's site and here in aus, basically the same price for the bags, postage cheaper here.
*Note to self
1. Make it thick
2. Make it heavy.
3. Make it stronger than it should be.
4. Don't rush the first job as the second job will cost more and take more time..
I've got a set of MotoDry soft panniers. They were $100, work a treat, love em.
I'll put pics up tomorrow :)
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
(17-07-2012, 03:33pm)Dennis Wrote: You might want to have a look at the RKA website. www.rka-luggage.com I have ordered a set of soft saddlebags ($225) and a tankbag to go with it ($165). There is a lead time of 3 or 4 weeks. The website shows them fitted to the Busa. Look good.
Dennis

This thread is pretty old, but worth posting: I'm pushing 10 years and 100,000 miles of traveling with the RKA Saddlebags. I like 'em. They're clean and simple. They are local company here in NorCal and pushing 25+ years of making soft luggage. They do work well with the Busa and the straps can go under the seat or rear hump (I get that question a lot from fellow busa owners).

more pics--> http://www.pashnit.com/product/rka/saddlebags.html
Postage to AU runs about $45.

[Image: 6650129717_5d5429f763_b.jpg]

[Image: 6650129663_1969816bd6_b.jpg]

...and graduating to the Gen-II.

(cold morning!)
[Image: 6174452820_4325ffe8e4_b.jpg]

[Image: 7941679420_c15285def9_b.jpg]

[Image: 7941464944_71004bcde8_b.jpg]