2008 HAYABUSA RECALL? - is it effecting Australia or just USA ?
Thanks for the heads up fellas
checked mine out today and shes sweet.

cheers
I think we better make this a sticky so it doesn't get lost.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
got mine and they reckon they need it for a day. i'll wait till they have done a few so maybe then only half a day.
The inspection only takes 5 minutes.
It is only if the ignition switch needs to be replaced that they are allocated 3.6 hours of work.

This Hyperlink contains ALL the information that you need to know about the RECALL and the instructions on how to carry out the work.

(Thanks to the guys at Busanation)
Regards BUSGO
had my k8 checked by suzuki of newcastle today vin 105. took about 1 hr to have a good look and ok'd.
garboCoolsmiley
Got mine booked in for Saturday morning, told 15 minutes to inspect.
I would have thought they all would need replacing seeing as how it is warranty if its faulty.
Can just see it now,
Yeah shes f****d will need a new ignition switch
and then change nothing and bill suzuki for the lot

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
The ignition switches are not faulty. It is merely how they are cable tied to the bike.
If they are cable tied wrong the wire harness could break.
If they are not, they are ok and the switch does not need replacing.

Interesting to note that the replacement switches and labour cost are at the expense of the dealer and they then have to claim the expenses back from Suzuki.
This situation could inspire a dealer to say there is nothing wrong at inspection, when in fact, there could be a fault. If not inspected correctly, it could end in disaster for the owner.

Let's hope they all know what they are looking for.
Regards BUSGO
Got the recall letter and booked into Parra - the mech said he will need the bike for 1-2 hours. When I said "for a 5 min. inspection?" he said no, they need to remove fairing, undo tank - he was in the middle of doing one and was pretty adament and also said they charge back 1/2 labour to Suzuki Undecided
Ive worked for dealers most of my life and they love warranties that are a product defect coz they get to charge at full cost.
Money for jam so to speak

LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE

LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE
got mine done today, the mechanic fixed the wiring up at the steering head he said the fuel tank needs to be checked that it is tightened up on the two front bolts so it doesnt have to much sideways movement and have to go back for a sticker to be put on the bike to mark the work has been done
Where are these mechanics getting their information from?
There is no need to remove or retighten the fuel tank and there is no recall sticker to be fitted. The instrument surrounds are the only part removal required for the inspection.

If the job is done properly as instructed in the directions and there was no fault, all he had to do was stamp the Compliance plate on the bike.
If there was a wiring problem, he should have replaced the whole ignition switch and then stamped the compliance plate.

The instructions are very clear. If the wiring is wrong, the ignition switch MUST BE REPLACED and the compliance plate stamped to show that the recall has been done.

If the wiring is NOT wrong, all they have to do is stamp the compliance plate to show that the inspection has been done.

I reckon that every owner should read the recall directions and stay with their bike to be shown whether the wiring is good or bad.
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:Where are these mechanics getting their information from?
There is no need to remove or retighten the fuel tank and there is no recall sticker to be fitted. The instrument surrounds are the only part removal required for the inspection.

If the job is done properly as instructed in the directions and there was no fault, all he had to do was stamp the Compliance plate on the bike.
If there was a wiring problem, he should have replaced the whole ignition switch and then stamped the compliance plate.

The instructions are very clear. If the wiring is wrong, the ignition switch MUST BE REPLACED and the compliance plate stamped to show that the recall has been done.

If the wiring is NOT wrong, all they have to do is stamp the compliance plate to show that the inspection has been done.

I reckon that every owner should read the recall directions and stay with their bike to be shown whether the wiring is good or bad.

yeh, when i left the bike i asked about stamping the frame which he said yes we will do that however when i picked it up he said stickers are coming on friday and bring it in and we will put one under the seat, as for the tank thing he says the tank can get excessive sideways movement and can start pressing against a wire nearby potentially damaging it,is different to what i had read about it as well but i am only getting my info off the internet.
Hi,

I one of the lucky ones!! Last numbers are 634. Had a look to see if there is any difference from the photos MarkOZ has shown. My harness is right under the black thing that holes the gauges. I cannot see any gray.

No point me stuffing around, I'm not going to touch any thing. But as my VIN number is not included, I can keep on keeping on hay.

Cheers
John
Thanks John
finaly got my bike booked in to check it out on tuesday i will let you know the out come...
Regards,
Shane
I had mine inspected last wednesday. To cut a long story short they re-routed the harness but were not going to replace the switch assembly because "there was no obvious signs of rubbing". I had left my recall letter at home but explained that it stated that the assembly must now be replaced - no luck. So that night I sent Suzuki Australia an email, explained what had happened and included pics. Late the next day my dealer rang to tell me he had "misread" the bulletin, that the assembly has been ordered and he'll call as soon as it's in.
I probably won't get service with a smile from there anymore.

Moral to the story: If you know you're right - fight!
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.