Heidi's EXCELLENT Adventure.
So you're leaving on the 13th?
If so, I can do a bit of a tag along for some of the way.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
A CONVOY!! HOW COOL IS THAT!! Who gets to be Big Daddy?

Seven sleeps to go.
Missy_Moo Wrote:Thanks Simmo, I'll have a look after I eat dinner and then probably get onto your mate.
Doubt he'd pop in to Mackay.... but I have plenty of go in me & patience.
Darn Saturday night I'm working 7pm to 7am sunday....If your in Mackay give me a bell - maybe its a nice quiet night and nobody is sick....(one can only hope)
0409 849 526

We will all be sick the time we get up there book us in please

Heidi are you taking names, numbers & address for contacts around aust, in case we can meet up with some members along the way
No, but I can, that is a great idea. Why don't we start a new thread, put Bruce's itinerary on it (although I liked ours better) and if anyone is on that route they can PM me with their phone numbers and we'll call when we are a day out.

Is anyone in the convoy, apart from the mighty Pan?
simmo Wrote:
Missy_Moo Wrote:Thanks Simmo, I'll have a look after I eat dinner and then probably get onto your mate.
Doubt he'd pop in to Mackay.... but I have plenty of go in me & patience.
Darn Saturday night I'm working 7pm to 7am sunday....If your in Mackay give me a bell - maybe its a nice quiet night and nobody is sick....(one can only hope)
0409 849 526

We will all be sick the time we get up there book us in please

Heidi are you taking names, numbers & address for contacts around aust, in case we can meet up with some members along the way

lol then dial 000 & ask for me!! tee hee.
If you stop in Rockhampton & need aches massaged, one of the best (bloke though) will bring the table to you & mention me will look after ya. works nights.
Missy_Moo Wrote:Can anybody tell me about the paint skins? brand name, price.... I think I'd like to put some of these on the bike, protect against the stone chips.

Hey Missy, the latest Rapid mag has some info on a guy on the central coast that does fitting but i'm sure he'd freight but sounds like a good kit.....as for the couch look i think i'd only want the front fender and any front edges covered but be worth having a look at one fitted. cheers
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
humbussa Wrote:
Missy_Moo Wrote:Can anybody tell me about the paint skins? brand name, price.... I think I'd like to put some of these on the bike, protect against the stone chips.

Hey Missy, the latest Rapid mag has some info on a guy on the central coast that does fitting but i'm sure he'd freight but sounds like a good kit.....as for the couch look i think i'd only want the front fender and any front edges covered but be worth having a look at one fitted. cheers
sorry the info is in the article Project Busa toward the back.
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
humbussa Wrote:
humbussa Wrote:

Trust me Missy Moo, if u get the skins fitted, do the lot!. My ltd edition got peppered bad, the Kanji and the red stripe both sides have white showing through them, the stickers are thin and so is the paint. I wilol be making a claim. If I get new panels or I respray the originals, I will be putting several coats of clear on them then putting those skins on them. I know up ur way there is a lot of small blue metal gravel stones on those back roads, even sitting 100 metres back from another bike or truck, u will get stone chips!.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

motoplast Wrote:
humbussa Wrote:
humbussa Wrote:

Trust me Missy Moo, if u get the skins fitted, do the lot!. My ltd edition got peppered bad, the Kanji and the red stripe both sides have white showing through them, the stickers are thin and so is the paint. I wilol be making a claim. If I get new panels or I respray the originals, I will be putting several coats of clear on them then putting those skins on them. I know up ur way there is a lot of small blue metal gravel stones on those back roads, even sitting 100 metres back from another bike or truck, u will get stone chips!.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy

That guy from 3M Clear Armour who has started the kits hasn't had a chance on the busa's yet. But is looking into it.

Yep the bluestone is crap - you just get peppered! & that's on the bruce hwy (HWY 1) is just full of it!

When going up near Cairns I got bouldered man! I got done by a few chunks the size of golf balls and one tennis ball size nicked me in the shin - christ I went cross eyed for a moment. Had a lovely bruise that impressed the bf.

Hence I'd seen the stickers area is a bit on the thin side, Once I line it all up I'll be thinking of the clear coat and then maybe the clear armour.

Cheers guys
motoplast Wrote:
humbussa Wrote:
humbussa Wrote:

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy

Hey Tex,
sounds like the whole kit might be the go....after all you probably do the most K's you'd have a fair idea how it's gonna chip. thanks
Bike is nearly finished she is all back together.
Fitted so far.
HID high and low beams
HID driving lights
Headlight cover
Buel pegs
Helibars
Heated grips
Re upholstered seat
Sheepskin seat cover
Ohlins rear shock
GPS mount
Power supply socket
Ventura rack
Back to Back Ventura Areo spada bags
Tank bag
41 tooth rear sprocket
Swingarm spools
New tires
Full service

Tomorrow
Set up static sag on suspension
Stringline wheels
Fit Puig double bubble screen in orange
Apply clear plastic adhesive paint protection
Wash and polish

THEN Im good to gooooo!!!Trophy
What is your planned departure time and route up to Gloucester?
Some of us Newie crowd can meet you out near Singleton somewhere if you want and we will ride up to the Bretti Lookout or somewhere with you if you want.
Next Saturday is our chat and ride day anyway so we might as well do something useful.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Thought I would post up some pictures of the K8 all setup and ready to go.
Buell pegs using Gen 1 spring
[Image: DSC01063.jpg]

GPS mount
[Image: DSC01065.jpg]

Re-upholstered seat and sheepskin cover
[Image: DSC01066.jpg]

Vortex 41 tooth sprocket
[Image: DSC01067.jpg]

Hella micro HID driving lights
[Image: DSC01074.jpg]

Heated Grips
[Image: DSC01080.jpg]
Heated grips controller
[Image: DSC01079.jpg]

Ohlins rear shock
[Image: DSC01081.jpg]

Aux power socket
[Image: DSC01083.jpg]

Loaded and good to go
[Image: DSC01075.jpg]

[Image: DSC01070.jpg]
BUSGO Wrote:What is your planned departure time and route up to Gloucester?
Some of us Newie crowd can meet you out near Singleton somewhere if you want and we will ride up to the Bretti Lookout or somewhere with you if you want.
Next Saturday is our chat and ride day anyway so we might as well do something useful.
hey Busgo about 20 of us local guys are riding from maitland to Gloucester Friday night at 5pm then heading out about 8:30am Saturday morning for walcha meeting up witha few more at the lookout then heading to Uralla for lunch and a tour of Scotty choppers then heading down to Tamworth the long way staying overnight....Sunday morning we are headingh t Nundle scone merriwa and back to Cessnock...just though we might run into you guys if your around that area??? let me know