Carbon fibre yoshis fitted
Got the new pipes on. Sound great, I like the look too.
But there is one problem. Most of the time they are giving an annoying vibration-type sound that is almost as if it's inside my head, its driving me mad.
When the guy at TeamHomo on Brissie's northside fitted them, he said he couldn't fit one of the screws on the right side as he didnt have a tool to reach it. He said they were secure and it wasn't a problem. What do you guys think?
Probably the screw that holds the baffle in? Once it falls down the inside of the can, it's there to stay until you drill the pop-rivets.
Licence Back!
Thanks for the reply Tim, but it wasn't the baffle. The first thing I did was take the baffles out at the shop as they are quick release, but that shouldn't cause the vibration. The screw he was referring to was right up underneath, thats why he said he couldn't get to it.
Well they look good and they are the TRC models and different to the R77s that I have.
So I can't help you with a rattle problem.
To fit the R77s though, we had to undo the bottom rear fairing near the brake pedal and get into where the midpipe joins the catalytic converter on the right side.
If this is where the rattle is, you may have to remove the fairing to get in there.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Thanks guys...

I bought a set of hardly used Yoshi slip-ons a couple of weeks ago and thought they were R77s, but I see now I actually have TRS. I needed a new rubber thingy for the clamp, so thanks - I have now changed the order to the correct part no.Icon_rolleyes

I really love the look of these pipes. I was trying my best to stay stock, but the price was too hard to resist.

Are the baffles obvious? I don't think mine came with them, but its still pretty quiet.Undecided I know the guy I bought them off went full Brocks so I'm guessing he removed them. Ferg, you said there was a quick release thing, but I just have a hole about the size of 50c piece with no obstructions? Also I have noticed a bit more vibration, but no much. I added an extra rubber washer on peg mount which seemed to help.
I have a theory about the little bit of vibration from the Yoshi Slip ons.
I reckon that the stock mufflers are so heavy that they provide a bit of a vibration deadening effect on the bike.
I also noticed the little bit of extra vibration as soon as I switched over to the Yoshis but it is hardly worth mentioning once you ride a couple of hundred ks and forget how silky smooth the stock bike is.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
The baffles are just short metal cylinders that fit inside the end of the can - there's a hole underneath the end of the can where you can use a long allen key to unscrew them. They simply slide out.

Mind you, I keep meaning to put mine back in and see if the vibration noise is as bad as it is when they are out.

Bugso, maybe your vibration noise isn't quite as bad as mine - I love the look of the cans and the sound they make at full noise but the low rev vibration is driving me insane!! I've even (believe it or not) toyed with the idea of putting the stock cans back on, it's that bad.
Buggered if I can figure this baffle thing out - can't see anywhere to stick an allen key. I'll have a closer look in better light, but thanks Ferg for the info.

Your excessive vibration doesn't sound right to me - I have noticed slightly more vibration up top and I think Busgo's theory is spot on there. But under 5 grand it is very smooth, no more vibration than stock really. Have you tried re-fitting them yourself - is there any movement at all?

I don't think its because you are missing a screw (they are actually rivets aren't they?) either as I didn't get them with my 2nd hand exhaust so I didn't bother as the fit was solid.

And just to clarify (and make myself look even dumber) - I do have the TRC like you Ferg not TRS as I said earlier - I got double confused as the part no. for the rubber shields I needed is the same part for both and ends in TRS.
Like ferg is saying to get the silencer / baffles out you need to look at the under side of the buffler there should be a small opening and if you look up there will be a allen key screw that you need to unscrew. Once you have done this you can remove / slide the baffle out but sometimes they need a good tug.

Hope this helps
mine has a small rubber bung on teh inside of the pipe - you have to remove that then you can get to the screw with the allen key, it was a little tough to get out but I got to it .... and then put it back in cos I personally think it sounds better with the baffle in around town.
Egos; everyone got one