2009 V-MAX!!
Yamaha was claiming it to be better then Busa Lol2 ! Just look at the weight 310 kg !!!!!!

Yamaha have revealed their 2009 V-Max, the successor to the original iconic Max that made its debut way back in 1985. We've added a few bits of info since we first posted this, but we've bolded them for easy identification.
The new V-Max is an all new machine which has spent a decade in development. The heart of the Max – its liquid-cooled V4 motor – is still there, but the capacity has been boosted from 1198 to 1679 cc with a slight reduction in the v-angle from 70 to 65 degrees. The new motor is also more compact and features a new combination gear and chain cam drive that drive the intake cams by chain, but then the intakes drive the exhausts by direct gearing, allowing for more compact cylinder heads.

A 180 degree crank is fitted (pistons up and down alternatively) which although gives a certain amount of balance in itself, is aided by a balance shaft. The carbs have been replaced with 48 mm injectors, while compression ratio is boosted from 10.5 to 11.3 to 1. Much like the new R1, the Max comes with Yamaha's variable length intake funnels, which vary up to 150 mm for better tuning to engine RPM.
These changes result in a huge torque increase with Yamaha claiming a chunky 123 ft-lbs (presumably at the crank) while the old Max could only muster a little shy of 80 ft-lbs, though that was rear wheel. Horsepower is a claimed 200PS, which is about 197 actual horsepower, coming in at 9,000 rpm.

A hydraulic slipper clutch takes care of ham-fisted gear changes. There's five speeds inside the box and the final drive retains the shaft. The exhaust system is a complex sounding four into one into two into four and retains the EXUP valve while keeping emissions down with a cat.

The old steel cradle frame has been replaced with a lightweight cast aluminium jobbie with similar (detachable) sub frame and extra long swingarm for better traction. Total wet wet is a claimed 310 Kg.
Suspension up front, while still conventional forks, are now far fatter with a 52 mm fork replacing the old 43 mills and fully adjustable for preload, compression and rebound. Out back the twin shocks have been replaced with a mono-shock, also fully adjustable.
The fuel tank (15 litre capacity) stays under the rider's seat, with the airbox still sitting where tanks used to live when I were a lad. 320 mm wave style rotors adorn the front, with massive 6 piston radially mounted calipers to haul everything to a stop. A 298 mm, single piston caliper sits at the rear. Braking is now ABS, just in case you grab a bit too big of a handful.

***Copied from some online mag***
looks bulky and heavy.
It used to be one of fav bikes.
Hope it handles better than the old one Scary
Photobucket
Lots of horsepower,
but I think it will struggle.
Shaft drive ? 300+kg's ?

More competition for a Rocket111 or V-Rod.

I can't wait to put the B-King up against one
through the hill's or around the dam's.

Bring it on... !
Fugly Pi_freak
never fly higher than your angel.
Mutha Wrote:Fugly Pi_freak

2nd that !
Egos; everyone got one
should be popular tho due to theyre cult following. or will it go the way of the B King.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Perhaps when they say "wet" they mean including rider, pillion and luggage Lol3
Volvi Wrote:or will it go the way of the B King.

whats the go Volvi - are the bkings doing poorly?
Licence Back!
TimF Wrote:

Truth is I dont know the figures but I dont think the figures are anywhere as expected. I think they were just to late with theyre release, shuda been before the other naked bulls around 2 yrs ago, forget their model nos.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
TimF Wrote:

According to Suzuki the b-king is not a seller here in Aus and one of the reasons is that it was not marketed properyly/enough.Another comment made by european mags is that Suzi came out with the GSR model which looks like a minature version of the b-king and although the looks differ(imo)there seems to be a few similaritys that maybe put off the buyer.I reckon they should have stuck to the concept version with 240 rear end,fingerprint ignition,pop up display and a supercharger:that would be a seller!!
Hmmm...interesting......must have a test ride on that baby.

As a former VMAX owner I know how hard they can be made to go (even around corners) Ghastly They don't have shitty clutches or
jumpy gearboxes either, brakes work real good too Lol3

Fugly Confused Nah............that ridiculous B king has that title wrapped up......too bad Suzuki didn't stick to the prototype design, it was sensational.........but that thing is just a cheap compromise ....
Never ride the A model of anything.
B-King started off too expensive, although it coming down in price,
and F@ckin ugly ! Stupid pipes and tank must put some folk off.

But if you want a bike to ride and abuse and not just a coffee club
show pony they do go quite well. I was sold on the spec, looks come
2nd. I hear endless comments about the looks, but almost everyone
who rides one comes back with a big grin. That's what its all about.

Pulling the fairing off a bus makes a fun naked bike,
add Radial brakes and a Gen2 motor and its fun fun fun.
I looked at all the Nakeds. Still glad i picked the B-K.
Good to hear it's a nice ride Tone Pi_thumbsup after all the proof's in the pudding..................now if Suzuki could just dump that tuba arsed exhaust... Very Happy

Speaking of mobile blocks of flats......I had one once............(Honda CBX)Scary
Never ride the A model of anything.
I reckon the b-king looks brilliant with an aftermarket exhaust.
Licence Back!