insuremyride
Well just got my insurance done

06 insured for $13,600 and premium is $680 on $400 excess.

Swann was around the $750,

QBE was over the $1000 mark,

NRMA whom I have multiple cars, greenslip, house + contents with were $1384. These multi policies sure do save you money.
I had the same deal with NRMA (no real mechanics available) a few years back (house, contents, car etc) and they weren't even in the ballpark with bike insurance. It's amazing how much they wanna help when you tell them to cancel all the policies, but by then it's too late...we've already seen their true colours.
Just signed up with IMR for $602.69 with $1000 bike gear included. QBE wanted $1060 for renewal. Not that I like paying it, but it looks like a reasonable premium. We (me) do seem to focus on the premium without too much investigation in to the cover details. Firstly I hope I don't need to find out how good the details are, and secondly that IMR are an up front company to deal with.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
IMY have been great for me - paid out no probs on last mishap, still got better deal than anyone else around on the new ride, upped my coverage for another 2k on top with mods and prem didnt jump a great deal either so very happy - I recommend them at this stage in my experiance - still cheaper than the so called deal I was supposed to get as a club member in another company lol
Egos; everyone got one
Hey guys, just curious, I haven't got any insurance atm, but when I go to get a quote on IMR, and they ask about illegal mods, what do you guys with full exhausts do for that question?

I was under the impression that a full exhaust would be illegal? And I don't really want to say I haven't got the mods, because if I stack it and they check, might not pay out etc.
With IMR, you can only claim up to $2000 in modifications to your bike. Best option is to ring them on 13 24 53 and ask the question. How do I know the number??? I'm currently in the process of claiming a payout from them so I've been ringing them a bit. Good luck.
I'm not so much worried about them replacing the exhaust etc, I am more worried that they won't pay out if they class the exhaust as illegal if you know what I mean.
Once again, ring them and ask. The only people who can answer that is Insure My Ride.