ANDRA approved Boost Limiter
Reading the ANDRA regs it says turbo engines must run the Turbosmart Boost limiting Valve
Product Name: ANDRA Boost Limiting Valve Kit
Product Number: TS-0206-1001

Are all you busa turbo drag racers running these and how much are they?
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
What clause/paragraph are you reading that from, if you are in Modbike there isnt a requirement for the Turbosmart Limiting valve.
Shayne
abusa Wrote:What clause/paragraph are you reading that from, if you are in Modbike there isnt a requirement for the Turbosmart Limiting valve.

4.1.15 in the general regs.

My advice from ANDRA previously on other questions I had was that unless a reg specifically states something does not apply to a class it should be considered that it does apply.

Dont get me wrong, if my engine gets to 40 PSI before this BLV kicks in, something tells me it aint gonna be runnin much longer anyway. Scary

I am quite happy not to run a BLV preset at 40psi.
Its a car thing!! Grp2.

It limits boost to 40psi I believe. If you are using 40 psi then your using 20 more than me!Lol2

Leonard.Biker
A bit of advise regarding Modbike.......

So long as you dont run nitromethane (no not nitrous) in the tank then everything else is ok.

Leonard.Biker
Legend Wrote:Its a car thing!! Grp2.

It limits boost to 40psi I believe. If you are using 40 psi then your using 20 more than me!Lol2

Leonard.Biker

Sweeeeeet Pi_thumbsup Thanks

I know of one guy over here who has bought one for his turbo Busa cos he was told he must have it.
Key to that Clause is "Control ECU Software & Boost Limiting Valve", Mod Bike doesnt have added Controls under Engine Supercharging.

As Leonard pointed out is a car thing, have a read of Turbochargers under 3.19 Dragsters it refers to general regulation 4.1.15 for an example.
Shayne
abusa Wrote:Key to that Clause is "Control ECU Software & Boost Limiting Valve", Mod Bike doesnt have added Controls under Engine Supercharging.

As Leonard pointed out is a car thing, have a read of Turbochargers under 3.19 Dragsters it refers to general regulation 4.1.15 for an example.

Thanks Boys.....appreciated