Fuel Prices
I received an email from my sister and i think it makes sense, good read none the less Coffee

It contained the following:

LET'S JUST DO IT ! ! !

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' PETROL FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET PETROL BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER Litre....hopefully

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this winter, take time to read this PLEASE.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!

It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

We are going to hit $ 2.00 a litre and it might go higher!! Want petrol prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking petrol priced at about $1.50 is cheap.
It is currently $1.90 for regular unleaded.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a liter of gas is CHEAP at $1.50, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their petrol! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying petrol.

But we CAN have an impact on petrol prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from BP
the biggest price up driver company.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 20 people. If each of us s end it to at least ten more (20 x 10 = 200) .. And those 200 send it to at least ten more (200 x 10 = 2000 ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over TWO MILLION consumers.
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 20 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... TWO HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO BELOW THE $1.50 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Simple – send the message along to other and do not buy petrol from BP .

Cheers Beer
Stay Upright Action-smiley-083
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
have seen this in a few versions over the years, sorry its "False" Thats one busy "retired Coca Cola executive".

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Volvi Wrote:have seen this in a few versions over the years, sorry its "False" Thats one busy "retired Coca Cola executive".

Embarassed Here i go again..... beleiving everything i hear Lol2
Thanks mate, next time i won't post when i'm that drunk Idiot2
Ghastly
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
Katanaman Wrote:
Volvi Wrote:have seen this in a few versions over the years, sorry its "False" Thats one busy "retired Coca Cola executive".

Embarassed Here i go again..... beleiving everything i hear Lol2
Thanks mate, next time i won't post when i'm that drunk Idiot2
Ghastly

dont worry about being drunk mate as we all cop in the arse when it comes to fuel prices and they supply the vaso, thats how drunk we are ,and alot must have been paraletic when they voted rudd the dudd in.
How gullible some people are ..... sigh
Egos; everyone got one
They don't even use vaso Scary.
Gullible or not, it would be nice to dream about being able to do something about high fuel prices. This scheme MIGHT work of enough ppl participated, but most ppl could not be bothered. All these pictures we see about massive development in Dubai do nothing but infuriate ppl paying ridiculous prices for fuel. Apparently ¼ of the WORLDs high rise cranes are in the CITY of Dubai.

We keep getting "market forces" rammed down our throats, but market forces only work when not individual player can influence the market, but that is not happening here.

The government is just as guilty because they scrape in a fortune from fuel prices (70cpl???).

I am also p155ed at my local Shell servo not only charging a fortune, but short delivering. I have some 22½ drums for my boat fuel. When I fill the to the full line (not the brim) it always reads 24l. Complain to the attendant and they just do not care. Apply that to the amount of litres they sell and you can see that a lot of people are being ripped off yet again.

I also notice that Shell has changed all their LED signs to show the E10 price rather than the unleaded price. The E10 description is quite small and ppl are in for another shock when they fill up.

Spare a though for a friend who has a heavy haulage Kenworth truck with 2500l fuel tanks. I costs him nearly $5000 to refuel each week.
Stuka Wrote:They don't even use vaso Scary.

Jeeeez , thats a bit rough !!!!!

Showback
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
Pira1298 Wrote:I am also p155ed at my local Shell servo not only charging a fortune, but short delivering. I have some 22½ drums for my boat fuel. When I fill the to the full line (not the brim) it always reads 24l. Complain to the attendant and they just do not care. Apply that to the amount of litres they sell and you can see that a lot of people are being ripped off yet again.

Garages are governed as to the accuracy of their pumps. They must be callibrated & recorded regularly.
If you have a complaint contact the relevent Gov dept. In Qld they are called "Weights & Measures".
These guys will go to a garage & check callibration of all pumps. If any are found to be out, the garage is in deep do do.....

+ Our family does not use Sheel at all. The Shell company is destroying some 3rd world countries for resources. Kicking people off their land & giving / leaving nothing in return.
+ Our family does not use Sheel at all. The Shell company is destroying some 3rd world countries for resources. Kicking people off their land & giving / leaving nothing in return.
[/quote]

How sure are you about this? I'm sure all multinational companies are too big to see some of the shit they're doing, but this is pretty thick shit you're spreading. If it's true I'll never use Shell again, but are you sure and have confirmed what you're stating here?

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Madmax Wrote:
Louwai Wrote:

How sure are you about this? I'm sure all multinational companies are too big to see some of the shit they're doing, but this is pretty thick shit you're spreading. If it's true I'll never use Shell again, but are you sure and have confirmed what you're stating here?

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
[/quote]

My wife is an Environmental Inspector with the Gov. Has been for many yrs. All my "Env Info" comes from her.

Here's just 1 web site which details a lot of the reasons why the Shell Boycott is in place & has been for several yrs.
http://www.essentialaction.org/shell/issues.html

There are plenty of others. Just google "Shell - Africa - boycott"

Shell is by no means the ONLY oil company using strong actions, but they seem to be the worst at it & using heavier handed tactics than the others. ie Shell requesting Military involvment of the relevant country.

As a family, we also don't buy or use Nestle products. Also for the company using less than kind tactics in other countries.
http://www.babymilkaction.org/pages/boycott.html

Again, just google "Nestle boycott" & you'll find plenty of info about it.
This one has been going since the late 1970's.

One can not obviously back every boycott in the world. We (read my wife) have chosen these 2. She was adhering to both of these long before we were married & she has carried that on.
right then I'm not going to buy fuel ever again ..... @#$@# have to catch bus to church
Egos; everyone got one
Fuel is cheap again in NSW well gone down a bit, no need for the electric busa yet Coolsmiley
I've read so much about environmental by oil comanies and human rights abuses and the ill effects of various foods, drinks and smokes that I have decided to give up reading.

Seriously though, it is sad to hear about human rights abuses in middle East countries and Western countries have to step in to help. I'm sure there are just as many human rights abuses in Africa, but no one seems to be in such a hurry to help. If I was cynical, I might suggest that oil is the difference.
A Commonwealth Government excise of 38.143cpl is applied to all fuels on the retail market except LPG (However, LPG is now hit with a new, but lower excise which will increase each year until 2015). In fairness, these are both way less than Govt. taxes in the majority of the EU - especially the UK. The reality is, without the huge income flow from these excises we'd all be paying higher taxes.

If you read the Shell (Singapore) site they state that all refineries are working at 100% capacity and demand from China and India has increased to astounding degrees - thus supply is short. Petrol being a supply and demand commodity means that it gets distributed based on a combination of price and volume. Fuel prices in China and India are not far off what we pay here because their demand is for volumes 20 times more than Australia. China and India are logistically easier to get fuel to than Australia plus the transport costs (due to shorter distance) are less. The higher the volume the better the discount rate. So... guess where the fuel is going?

I've read that even if production were to increase by 35%, Australia wouldn't be any better off because demand in China and India will just soak all that additional product up. China especially is in a sustained upswing in demand so it's just going to get worse. India won't be far behind.