Misano MotoGp
Yes It's about to kick off in a matter of hours with the 1st round of Free Practise and with Rossi mentioning that he is feeling a little bit of extra pressure than normal and Stoner also coming out and saying that even though he will fight for the championship it will be very hard as Rossi is no ordinary foe so lets wait and see what's installed for us this weekend.

With thousands of fans arriving in Misano with the expectation of a pouplar home victory, World Championship leader Valentino Rossi admits that there is added pressure on his shoulders this weekend.

The Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini of 2007 was a big disappointment for Valentino Rossi, with `The Doctor´ unable to finish the race due to a technical fault with his Yamaha M1. Such disappointment for both rider and fans has only served to up expectations for this year´s visit to Misano, as the Italian admitted in the pre-event press conference on Thursday.

`It is very special here because I am so close to home and of course that means there is added pressure,´ acknowledged the Fiat Yamaha star. `I have had a lot more requests for tickets this time compared to last year at Misano as the situation in the championship is much better for me at present, so I hope I can put on a great show for all my fans here.´

Whereas last year Rossi was trailing eventual World Championship leader Casey Stoner in the standings, in 2008 the Italian is some 50 points clear of the Australian at the head of the classification.

`This year we arrive here in good shape after showing great speed in recent races. We have just had a good test in Brno where we found some good things for the bike, so the target now is to continue at this high level in the forthcoming races.´

Using last year´s DNF frustration as motivation for this weekend, the legendary Italian added, `Last year here was a big disappointment. We worked hard and put in the maximum effort, with things going well in the practices. We needed a good result, a podium. I started from the front row and I had good pace at the beginning, but after three laps my engine stopped. It was one of the most difficult times of my career so this year we have to make it better!´

Casey Stoner has singled out Valentino Rossi as a particularly tricky rider from whom to reel in a 50-point advantage in the World Championship.

Having stated earlier this week that he would not be giving up easily in the pursuit of World Championship leader Valentino Rossi, Casey Stoner admitted on Thursday that the Italian´s legacy made him an extra-difficult foe with whom to tussle for the title.

Stoner trails his rival by 50 points as the series arrives in Misano, and at the previous round in Brno he saw the biggest blow yet to his championship challenge with a DNF. The Ducati Marlboro man paid tribute to Rossi´s talents whilst sat alongside him in the pre-event press conference on Thursday, showing that there remains a high level of respect between the two.

`Chasing the championship with this many points between us is maybe possible with other riders, but with Valentino it´s nearly impossible,´ acknowledged the 22 year-old, winner of last year´s race at Misano from pole position.

`We´ve got six races to go, and we´ve just got to look at them now. There´s a huge gap between myself and Valentino in the standings, so now is the time for us to get our heads down.´

The circuit will only be slightly different to that at which Stoner stormed to victory in 2007, with a modification to an early corner. He had yet to perform a sighting lap at the time of the press conference.

`We have to check out the new turn two; I heard that it´s a lot tighter. Last year was a good race for us, and we'll see what happens this year,´ concluded the Ducati star.

So who have everyone got there money on this weekend, I'm putting my money on Stoner to upset Rossi but I reckon it will be one hell of a race regardless of the out come and I spose if Stoner can stay on we will be starting to see what he is made off.
You have way too much time on your hands mate! I don't have the time to read what you have written! I'll wait far the results!!!
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
Gassick Wrote:You have way too much time on your hands mate! I don't have the time to read what you have written! I'll wait far the results!!!

Hey Gassick you've got all wrong it's all in the power of the mind you can left click on the mouse and then copy and then paste, bloody wonderful it is. I put the info here for anyone that has the time to read and is interested but hey it's all good and I will post the free practice results in a couple of hours so you can look then..
You can go to motogp.com as well
Egos; everyone got one
Well a very interesting 1st round of free practice with Stoner on top but not by very much but the suprise was Rossi but hey it's only early days.

The first MotoGP practice session at Misano concluded with Casey Stoner on the top of the pile.

Casey Stoner was once again the early man to beat in the first MotoGP practice session at Misano, this time staving off a late surprise from Colin Edwards. The Australian had been heading the timesheets for almost the entire session, but finally had to pull a late 1´35.422 lap to edge out `The Texas Tornado´ by just 0.002.

Home rider Alex de Angelis started well in San Marino, showing potential for a crowd-pleasing result with the third fastest time of the morning. San Carlo Honda Gresini´s local hero was a further seven-tenths of a second back on Stoner´s time. Last year´s 250cc racewinner Jorge Lorenzo was the third and final rider separating title contenders Stoner and Valentino Rossi in the opening session, with the latter a second down on his rival.

Nicky Hayden, Andrea Dovizioso, Chris Vermeulen, James Toseland and Shinya Nakano completed the top ten, with Repsol Honda´s Dani Pedrosa appearing equally as uncomfortable as he did in Brno with the fourteenth time on the board.

Kawasaki´s John Hopkins did not appear for the session, resting up his rib injury incurred during practice for the last round in the Czech Repuiblic.

MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 1 Classification

MotoGP2
Pos. Rider Nation Team Lap time
1 C. STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 1'35.422 Australia2
2 C. EDWARDS USA Tech 3 Yamaha + 0.002
3 A. DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini + 0.723
4 J. LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team + 0.953
5 V. ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team + 1.042
6 N. HAYDEN USA Repsol Honda Team + 1.096
7 A. DOVIZIOSO ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP + 1.180
8 C. VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP + 1.186 Australia2
9 J. TOSELAND GBR Tech 3 Yamaha + 1.318
10 S. NAKANO JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini + 1.461
11 T. ELIAS SPA Alice Team + 1.677
12 R. DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP + 1.774
13 L. CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP + 1.933
14 D. PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team + 1.958
15 S. GUINTOLI FRA Alice Team + 2.112
16 M. MELANDRI ITA Ducati Marlboro Team + 2.247
17 A. WEST AUS Kawasaki Racing Team + 2.507 Australia2
Not classified
J. HOPKINS USA Kawasaki Racing Team Lap
busakid08 Wrote:You can go to motogp.com as well

Yes I think I use the website quite a bit..
I heard on the radio today that Stoner has picked up a tobacco sponsor which has got a few noses out of joint here in Aus. Whats the scoop?
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
horndog Wrote:I heard on the radio today that Stoner has picked up a tobacco sponsor which has got a few noses out of joint here in Aus. Whats the scoop?

Yip it looks like he's copping some flack, here a piece from the brisbane times.

World champ Stoner 'a high-speed drug pusher'
Cathy O'Leary | August 29, 2008

AUSTRALIA'S world MotoGP champion and Young Australian of the Year, Casey Stoner, is being named and shamed in an aggressive campaign by anti-smoking groups which have labelled him as a "high-speed drug pusher."

They said images of the 22-year-old non-smoker and his bike covered in logos of Marlboro cigarettes while racing and in the media are sending the wrong message to his fans, particularly impressionable young children.

The anti-tobacco group Action on Smoking and Health, the youth health project Smarter than Smoking and the Australian Network on Young People and Tobacco have written to Stoner and his management at Ducati calling on him to relinquish his sponsorship deal with tobacco giant Philip Morris.

The groups claim he is being used as a "Marlboro Man" to promote addictive, lethal products, and although tobacco sponsorship and advertising is banned in Australia, images featuring him plastered in tobacco logos can be readily seen in the media.

They have also written to the National Australia Day Council saying they are concerned that its Young Australian of the Year is actively promoting smoking to the rest of the world.

But in an emailed response last week, Stoner said that while he understood their views and agreed that children should not smoke, he did not believe Philip Morris's sponsorship of Ducati was aimed at young people.

"At the same time I firmly believe that every adult human being should retain the right to make his or her own decisions in life, whether correct or not," he said.

But the Smarter than Smoking co-ordinator, Fiona Phillips, said Stoner's association with Philip Morris significantly undermined efforts in Australia to stop young people from taking up smoking.

And the ASH chief executive, Anne Jones, rejected the claim that Philip Morris did not encourage children to smoke, accusing it of spending huge amounts to attract new smokers, most of whom were children.

"Casey Stoner is the new Marlboro Man and while he might have a lucrative contract with his sponsor, as a champion he is a role model to children and young people worldwide and he's being exploited as a high-speed drug pusher," she said.

Philip Morris in Australia declined to comment and Stoner's management in Italy could not be reached for comment.
when is the race? what time will it be televised???? hey saves me trying to find out LOL
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
Well it appears that the weekend is going to heat up once again with the two rivals at it again so here is the goss after todays round of free practice with Stoner going out and doing what he has done in the last few rounds setting the pace and letting everyone else play catchup.
On another note it's great to see Vermeulen showing consistency over the last few rounds and is in the top 5 once again

Stoner shapes up strong on day one in Misano
Friday, 29 August 2008

In a performance scarily predictable for his rivals, Casey Stoner led the way in Misano on Friday.

Casey Stoner was the almost inevitable fastest rider on track on Friday at Misano, making his opening preparations for the Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini. The 2007 poleman, racewinner and –lest we forget- MotoGP World Champion clocked a 1´34.806 lap to continue his almost immaculate record of practice session success from the last six races.

Just over four-tenths of a second down on Stoner´s marker was local favourite and current World Championship leader Valentino Rossi, making his first on-track appearance at Misano since his ill-fated race last year. With the series´ top two riders of the moment looking to be in fine form, early indications point to another gripping battle for supremacy between Stoner and Rossi on Sunday.

Someone who will also want to have a say in matters is Loris Capirossi, third in practice on Friday and himself just over half a second down on Stoner. The soon-to-be holder of the record for most Grand Prix appearances was riding the 2007 Misano podium-taking Rizla Suzuki GSV-R for the first time at his second `home´ circuit in the initial sessions.

Another veteran, Colin Edwards gave tyre fabricant Michelin their highest position of the day in fourth, although the Tech 3 Yamaha rider was unable to improve on his morning time in Free Practice 2.

LCR Honda´s Randy de Puniet was the fastest rider for the Japanese factory over the course of the day, in fifth ahead of second Suzuki man Chris Vermeulen and Fiat Yamaha´s Jorge Lorenzo. All of the top seven were within a second of Stoner´s time.

Home rider Alex de Angelis also featured in the top ten, ahead of San Carlo Honda Gresini teammate Shinya Nakano and Tech 3 Yamaha´s James Toseland. John Hopkins played no part in the day´s events, still sore from a minor but awkwardly placed rib injury.

MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 2 Classification
Pos. Num. Rider Nation Team Motorcycle Lap time Km/h Gap
1 1 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'34.806 269.865 Australia2
2 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'35.224 271.016 0.418
3 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'35.377 269.662 0.571
4 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'35.620 266.732 0.814
5 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'35.743 264.317 0.937 Australia2
6 48 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'35.766 269.259 0.960
7 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'35.861 264.965 1.055
8 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha 1'35.913 270.880 1.107
9 56 Shinya NAKANO JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'36.100 269.730 1.294
10 52 James TOSELAND GBR Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha 1'36.105 269.528 1.299
11 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'36.189 273.141 1.383
12 2 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'36.219 276.639 1.413
13 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP Honda 1'36.356 266.469 1.550
14 24 Toni ELIAS SPA Alice Team Ducati 1'36.425 273.694 1.619
15 50 Sylvain GUINTOLI FRA Alice Team Ducati 1'36.619 273.972 1.813
16 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'37.096 274.250 2.290
17 13 Anthony WEST AUS Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki 1'38.239 268.656 3.433 Australia2
Not classified
21 John HOPKINS USA Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki Lap
This is the Rossi of old. Even his qualifying times are tactical mind games. He used to do this with Gibbernou and Biaggi. It's like a little private discussion. The conversation is something like "Oh look Casey... you've got me... best I can do is a 5th!" then "Opps... just messin' with you... here I am, right up your arse again!". He'll probably do a 3rd in the next qualifier.... just for fun.

Then on race day he'll stroll up through the placings and sit in 2nd position behind Casey and chip away. Gibbernou and Biaggi couldn't hack it and Rossi used to just sweep past them in the closing stages and disappear off into the distance. Casey is made of sterner stuff.

Theres a lot of things that can happen between now and the end of the race... but if Casey can finish, he's got a great chance of finishing in front. should be an exciting race.

Yes
Got the new Mystar box so hopefully can record it. Pain in the ass thing keeps telling me its failed to record at the minute so have to figure out how to use it. Anyone got a teenager I can borrow to show me how the remote control works
Will be watching, hoping for a Stoner / Ducati victory .
Hate to say it but a 50 point lead at this time of the season is rather f*&^ing LARGE.
Anything can happen though i spose.
Go Stoner!!!!!!!!
Well Another round of free practic over and Stoner is the man setting the pace here is the report and times from the 3rd round of FP.

I spose it looks set for Stoner to take another pole once again but I spose we will have to wait for a few hours to find out and I hope Vermeulen can keep his efforts going seems to be hanging in there OK at this stage

Stoner rolls on in third Misano practice session
Saturday, 30 August 2008

Fractured hand and all, Casey Stoner continued to drop his times at Misano on Saturday morning.

Showing no signs of excessive discomfort despite a `re-opened´ scaphoid fracture in his hand, Casey Stoner was once again top of the tree in the third Misano MotoGP practice session on Saturday morning. The Australian has led every session so far, and continued this run with a 1´34.365 lap of the San Marino circuit.

The reigning World Champion was some 0.711 faster than local favourite Valentino Rossi. Having targeted further improvement on the final section of the track yesterday afternoon, Rossi was within a second of Stoner this morning but still searching for more speed as he looks to push his rival to the maximum on raceday.

2007 250cc racewinner Jorge Lorenzo was second quickest onboard the Michelin-shod Fiat Yamaha. The session was a positive one for the French tyre fabricant, with Colin Edwards continuing the Michelin fightback and Dani Pedrosa also picking up speed with his Repsol Honda RC212V for the first time this weekend. Both featured in the top six in the morning run, behind Rizla Suzuki´s Chris Vermeulen.

Loris Capirossi, Shinya Nakano Randy de Puniet and Alex de Angelis completed the top ten, whilst John Hopkins returned to action having missed the Friday sessions. He was brought in after seventeen laps with a mechanical problem.

MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 3 Classification
1 1 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'34.365 275.089 Australia2
2 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'35.076 268.456 0.711
3 48 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'35.160 271.356 0.795
4 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'35.362 265.878 0.997 Australia2
5 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha 1'35.425 270.608 1.060
6 2 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'35.520 276.923 1.155
7 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'35.534 270.202 1.169
8 56 Shinya NAKANO JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'35.549 270.270 1.184
9 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'35.628 267.459 1.263
10 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'35.739 265.748 1.374
11 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP Honda 1'35.802 268.056 1.437
12 24 Toni ELIAS SPA Alice Team Ducati 1'35.853 274.669 1.488
13 52 James TOSELAND GBR Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha 1'36.047 269.865 1.682
14 50 Sylvain GUINTOLI FRA Alice Team Ducati 1'36.089 274.042 1.724
15 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'36.203 274.181 1.838
16 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'36.273 272.658 1.908
17 13 Anthony WEST AUS Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki 1'36.957 268.589 2.592 Australia2
18 21 John HOPKINS USA Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki 1'37.346 264.900 2.981
Well the story was written once again with Stoner setting the pace all weekend and now he has another pole to go with the rest that he has chalked up in the last few rounds. The Question is now can Stoner finish off what he has started and take the race out he's got the pace and is 1/2 a second quicker than everyone else.
Rossi and team mate Lorenzo make up the front row and unfortunately it looks like Vermeulen couldn't keep up with the hot times that the boys up front were running but in saying that it was pretty much the same for the rest of the field.
So I reckon we are in for one hell of a race especially with Lorenzo in the mix so lets hope he can stay on the bike as he might just keep Stoner & Rossi honest.

Stoner stuns with seventh successive pole position
Saturday, 30 August 2008

Casey Stoner extended his run of MotoGP pole positions with a late dash at Misano

The top spot on the MotoGP grid will, for the seventh consecutive race, be occupied by reigning World Champion Casey Stoner tomorrow, with the Ducati Marlboro rider completing his clean sweep of practice session outings at Misano.

Stoner had to dig deep for the honour of leading off the Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini, fighting back against some tough rivals on his final lap of the Saturday afternoon qualifying session. The Australian got back into his stride in the final two splits of the Misano circuit, with his 1´33.378 too much for even his most persistent challengers to match.

Half a second separated Stoner and World Championship leader Valentino Rossi´s fastest times on qualifying rubber, although the latter had been poised for a popular home pole until the last minute of the run. Rossi will start from second on the grid for the third race in a row, an important placing if he is to catch his hitherto uncatchable rival.

Stoner also extends his lead in the BMW M Award, having picked up his latest Tissot watch as a pole position prize. He will not, however, be placing the timepiece on his wrist anytime soon, with his wrist heavily bandaged and braced to protect a scaphoid fracture.

Jorge Lorenzo returns to the front row for the first time since the Portuguese round in Estoril back in April, third on the grid alongside Fiat Yamaha teammate Rossi. The Spaniard had laid down some fierce lap times during the qualifying session, something that will please not just himself and his team but also tyre manufacturer Michelin.

Randy de Puniet just missed out on the front row with his LCR Honda RC212V, the fastest rider for the Japanese factory. He is joined by Alice Team´s resurgent Spaniard Toni Elias and Repsol Honda´s Dani Pedrosa on the second line.

Chris Vermeulen, Shinya Nakano and James Toseland will be just behind the trio when the lights go out at Misano on Sunday afternoon.

Here's the Qualifying times and I'm putting my money on Stoner to win.

So go :aussie

MotoGP Qualifying Practice Classification
1 1 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'33.378 271.629 Australia2
2 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'33.888 267.194 0.510
3 48 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'33.964 269.730 0.586
4 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'34.236 263.865 0.858
5 24 Toni ELIAS SPA Alice Team Ducati 1'34.322 274.739 0.944
6 2 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'34.398 273.833 1.020
7 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'34.461 263.414 1.083 Australia2
8 56 Shinya NAKANO JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'34.494 267.857 1.116
9 52 James TOSELAND GBR Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha 1'34.652 266.009 1.274
10 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha 1'34.795 268.189 1.417
11 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'34.926 266.600 1.548
12 50 Sylvain GUINTOLI FRA Alice Team Ducati 1'34.961 273.833 1.583
13 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'35.153 264.705 1.775
14 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP Honda 1'35.381 262.518 2.003
15 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'35.418 269.461 2.040
16 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'35.584 270.000 2.206
17 21 John HOPKINS USA Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki 1'35.980 264.187 2.602
18 13 Anthony WEST AUS Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki 1'37.047 265.095 3.669 Australia2