Gen 2 rear sprockets
I want to change the gearing for the trip, does anyone know where I can get rear sprockets in Sydney for the gen 2?. Suzuki dont have any lower geared and the parts places I called all said the gen 2 is not listed yet.

Im after either 40 or 41t
HEY BRUCE YOUR PARTS PEOPLE AREN'T TRYING TOO HARD.

THEY HAVE 41'S IN A VORTEX AVAILABLE IN WA. THIS WAS FROM ONE PH CALL.

FIND OUT WHO THE PARTS REP IS OVER IN NSW. IM SURE HE'S HEARD OF AN 08 BUSA. WHEN I MENTION GEN 2 THEY THINK I'VE HAD A DRINK.
WHEN YOU IN WA NEXT?
I think Vortex are advertised in the Rapid Mag Bruce with contact details.

You might as well ride a Blackbird if you are gonna regear it that much!Ghastly
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Make sure they know which model as there is a difference with Gen 1 and 2, I know there is a big back order on Vortex Sprockets, I am waiting on 08 fronts myself.

GSXR1300 08
527 Rear Sprocket
530 Chain Pitch

GSXR1300 99-07
436 Rear Sprocket
530 Chain Pitch
Shayne
hEY sHAYNE I THINK THE WHOLE OF THE US ARE AWAITING THE 17'S AS WELL FOR THE GEN 2

HEY SHAYNE HAVE YOU GOT ANY VORTEX 45'S FOR A GEN 2?
mat mladin imports has plenty of front and back in stock. I pick my 41T up tomorrow.

Busgo the gearing is for economy at speed.
including 45's bruce?
Check here
http://www.vortexracing.com/index.php?class0_0=1528&class0_1=1813&class0_2=1867&class0_3=5867&class0_4=&xsearch_id=products_search1&src=directory&view=Products_lister&submenu=&submit.x=17&submit.y=5

for sizes and then give mladin a call mate, I only asked about the 41 but he said they had the full range of front and rear for the K8 in stock. Promised next day delivery to any bike shop in Sydney, prolly add a day or two to that for W.A.

Make sure they are talking about the K8 a few shops I spoke to had no idea they were different to the gen 1
Just ph Chain Gang, they'll make one in any colour you like & mail it to you They're in another league compared to any sprocket I've used on any of my bikes. I guess it's because they're laser cut so they fit the chain super snug. In fact, you'll even get 2 chains life out of 1 of their sprockets. I know you should always change them together but after 1 chain, (~30,000kms for me) the sprocket is still new.

BLACKZOOK Wrote:I want to change the gearing for the trip, does anyone know where I can get rear sprockets in Sydney for the gen 2?. Suzuki dont have any lower geared and the parts places I called all said the gen 2 is not listed yet.

Im after either 40 or 41t
BLACKZOOK Wrote:mat mladin imports has plenty of front and back in stock. I pick my 41T up tomorrow.

Busgo the gearing is for economy at speed.

I know what you're up to Bruce. I'm just fuckin with ya!
With a 41t sprocket you may not be able to get the chain adjusters in unless you knock out a link.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Done deal mate 1 link in the binKnuppel2
well i still haven't changed my rear sprocket yet.

as per a busa sprockets are different from gen 1 to gen 2.

other than chain gang & vortex who else is making these available in australia. i know of driven but would like to get my hands on something rather quickly.

cheers
ian

chasing a 45.
REVIT13 Wrote:well i still haven't changed my rear sprocket yet.

as per a busa sprockets are different from gen 1 to gen 2.

other than chain gang & vortex who else is making these available in australia. i know of driven but would like to get my hands on something rather quickly.

cheers
ian

chasing a 45.

Try your suzuki dealer, i think there the same as the later gsxr , may find a 44 in stock.
REVIT13 Wrote:other than chain gang & vortex who else is making these available in australia.

Hey Ian I can recommend "The Chain Gang" here in Brisbane to you mate. We have got a few sprockets made through him and his pitch and P.C.D. are always nice and accurate and run very true.

He is a bit dear at around $130.00 a sprocket but will have it done for you in a few days from a phone call.

You can get him to make a light weight version like the 45 I got done for my busa here, and they will be as light as a Vortex but will get 3 times the life being carbon steel versus alloy.

[Image: DSCN0897-1.jpg]

Cheers mate.
Cheers Pete, i may do that yet on Monday with Chain Gang.
There website has some good recommendations on chain life etc.

Dealer finally said they might be able to source something and get within a day which will be confirmed Monday. Will investigate the gsxr rear and post the outcome.