Bruce, Simmo and Heidi trip and live travel map
Well the 3 FABULOUSLY GOOD LOOKING EXCELLENT RIDERS have been through the Hunter Valley and I have sent them packing up through Thunderbolt's Way towards Armidale and tonight's sleepover in Warwick. (Thats their target anyway).
Slowdownjack, mik11 and I met them in Bulga and rode with them for a while.
They had a bit of a slow start and already one near miss with a roo on the Putty Rd.
A bit behind schedule and didn't get away from Gloucester till after 1pm.
The weather in the Hunter reached the predicted 27 degrees and was even higher when I left them at lunch time.
I hope they have a safe run for the rest of the journey.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Pan gave me a call this morning and head honcho (Volvi) has oked having a link on the front page pointing to a thread with a live map of where these nuts are.
Should be good to see where they are.
Maybe they can post in that thread too?
Working on it shortly.
DjPete Wrote:Pan gave me a call this morning and head honcho (Volvi) has oked having a link on the front page pointing to a thread with a live map of where these nuts are.
Should be good to see where they are.
Maybe they can post in that thread too?
Working on it shortly.

sounds like a top idea dj! Pi_thumbsup
I have created an interactive map here at Google Maps.
Hopefully Pan or myself will update it asap so you can all have a live perspective of where they are.
You can add your own notes and best wishes as well.

This is all new so bear with us!

Here is the link...
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msa=0&...3769010eab
Thanks Dj, no use checking. They are nuts Lol3
[Image: photo3.jpg]
one of the bikes should had have a live video camera feed hooked up to the front so we can tune in on there adventure! Biker
LOAFIE Wrote:Thanks Dj, no use checking. They are nuts Lol3
Don't we know it.
Anyway message for Pan ...you have authority to also edit that map and update it.
Sing out if you get in trouble.
I have also had the ok to stick this thread...done.
There is also a link on the index page of the Bored.
Pi_thumbsup

Leave a note on the Google interactive map or here if you feel more comfortable.
Don't forget there's a pitstop here in Perth. Free beds, food, shower beer, whatever....I may even ride up the coast a bit to meet you if you keep posting so I can track you guys.

Good luck!
Have a great trip all... hope you achieve what you set out to do with a minimum of fuss and lots of wonderful memories.
We are in a grand old pub in Warwick that is infested with Banditos. I'm in a huge amount of trouble with the other two, they are pretty impressed I managed to do so well. Looking forward to tomorrow night's effort. So far we have managed to avoid being booked (but we meet a lovely highway patrol officer in a petrol station who asked which way we were going and promptly set off in front of us, then turned around to check we were ok. We have missed roos (113kms of dark, scary skippys, all of which Simmo missed despite Bruce's hard braking), Bruce missed a huge bushfire that took up the entire side of the road, but I have been excellent (apart from almost running Ruffy off the road - SORRY!!).

We have tried to post on the google site, but it is a bit beyond us right now. Today's route. Prospect, Windsor, Putty Rd to Singleton, Gresford, Bucketts Way to Glouster, Thunderbolt's Way to Walcha then the New England to Warwick. We were going to stop and take a photo of the Welcome to Queenland sign, but it was dark and Bruce was leading (and obviously not looking at anything that wasn't bouncing - oh and roos). It was about 870kms, with 400 stops for cigarettes and stretching.

Thanks to everyone who turned out to make sure we left, we appreciate the effort, but we were nervous at 2pm when we hadn't even cracked the 300kms mark.

Is there anyone in Townsville that wants to offer us a bed tomorrow night? Simmo snores. and snuggles.

Biker Biker Biker
you bloody masochists! have fun...I'll be around for the leisurely 6 week photo-tour happening summer '09!

Mark
Does anyone have these number's so I can give them a ring?

In Cairns atm and would be interested in catching with them Pi_thumbsup
I suggest you post up your number for them. They are checking this log each night and are up Townsville way tonight.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
DjPete Wrote:
Don't we know it.
Anyway message for Pan ...you have authority to also edit that map and update it.
Pi_thumbsup

Leave a note on the Google interactive map or here if you feel more comfortable.

Thanks DJ. Great effort! Trophy

I'll try and update it as often as I can too!
Pi_thumbsup
pan Wrote:
DjPete Wrote:
Don't we know it.
Pi_thumbsup

Thanks DJ. Great effort! Trophy

I'll try and update it as often as I can too!
Pi_thumbsup
thats the go Pan.
You are more in the know as to where they are.