repeat offender
:scary
I've done it again! Dropped the bike on its right side after taking it off the race stand. This really is a two person job for the over fifty-fives!
This time I broke the brake lever, footrest and put scratches into the lower right hand fairing. The broken bits are being replaced but I have tried to remove the scratching first off using Swirl X but results are only slightly better.
Is there a better product that will smooth out or hide the scratches without damaging the pearl black paintwork?
I'm reluctant to spend too much because I'm thinking along the lines of a total respray if it can't be improved. The respray would not be conventional K8 colours probably ferrari red or a derivation. The current paintwork shows up every mark, blemish, stain and I've had in the garage virtually all winter.
Not much more you can do. I put stickers on mine!
I've just got a quote for a complete respray (after my tumble on the trip I have banged almost every panel) and I'm looking at between $1200 and $2000, not stock colours. I LOVE the purple, but it might be time for something unique.
Once - cant understand twice ...... I wont mention what I should say f***
Egos; everyone got one
Heidi1 Wrote:I've just got a quote for a complete respray (after my tumble on the trip I have banged almost every panel) and I'm looking at between $1200 and $2000, not stock colours. I LOVE the purple, but it might be time for something unique.

Zebra? Read
Ebay is allways the place to look for parts...You might get the originals with decals at a very nice price.
Busanova Wrote::scary
I've done it again! Dropped the bike on its right side after taking it off the race stand.

This should make you feel better i slid mine down the road replaced the damaged panels with new ones all up spending close to 3k to finaly take it out for test first ride to get nocked of it again about 3k again Undecided
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I haven't dropped it but I have struggled in past. Now I use a piece of 4"x2" to help

1st off grab your tools

2nd, put your wood under your sidestand. This brings the bike up to just the safe side of vertical

3rd position your stand under the lh spool and line up the right

4th A gentle push to vertical and a wriggle on the stand has it all lined up ready to lift

5th Keep pressure on your stand and push down, up she goes

when taking off the stand gently lift it up, pulling bike gently to the left and making sure sidestand is down and slowly lower onto floor.
So long as you keep pulling the bike to the left you cant go wrong I dont think.

Works for me , no reason why it shouldn't on a Gen II I dont think. Incidently I'm not over 55 but I have a real dodgy back at times and dont need to struggle getting bike up
I do the same as Pommie but I still use a spectator to hold the bike steady.
Good photo set Pommie.
Clap
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
ha ha ha man you guys serious??? jsut hold the bloody bike up with some muscles and put the bloody stand under it - I have been riding 35+ years never dropped a bike off the stand or had the bike roll forward except once when it was such a hot day the ashfelt melted and teh stand disapeared into a black hole (thought it ws quite funny actualy) dont you guys actually think about things before you do it>???Kick teh side stand when you get off it and make sure its forward f#$K me - I have ranted too many times on this subject I cat even be arsed to type about it anymore except to say ARRGGHH JEEEEZEEEE #$%#$%mo
Egos; everyone got one
busakid08 Wrote:ha ha ha man you guys serious??? jsut hold the bloody bike up with some muscles and put the bloody stand under it - I have been riding 35+ years never dropped a bike off the stand or had the bike roll forward except once when it was such a hot day the ashfelt melted and teh stand disapeared into a black hole (thought it ws quite funny actualy) dont you guys actually think about things before you do it>???Kick teh side stand when you get off it and make sure its forward f#$K me - I have ranted too many times on this subject I cat even be arsed to type about it anymore except to say ARRGGHH JEEEEZEEEE #$%#$%mo

Mate pull your head in. people dont wanna come on here and continually see you ranting till you cant be bothered to type about it anymore. the guy just dropped his bike and all you can do is go on about how in your eyes he obviously doesnt think because he dropped his bike by accident and what a hero you are for never having dropped a bike off the side stand. seriously who are you trying to impress.
Regards

Dan
Here - go f*** yourself
Egos; everyone got one
and droping a bike twice the same waty - idiot!
Egos; everyone got one
Yu want to have this in public NP

oh BTW I am away up north for the next 3 weeks so if you want PM me and I will personally rant to you and tell you again where to go - and who the f*** are you to tell me what I can say in public f*** you again ok (mate not much intimidates me - go to a war zone and do some time then talk to me (hereo f*** yeah!).
I never said I was a saint or aint done some silly things - written a coupla bikes off stunting as well but some things as far as I (note: "I" my opinion) are dumb and f*** it I will say it.
when I get back (assuming I havnt been kicked off lol) - in the mean time enjoy the peace cos I wont have a lappy with me bummer eh ... will try and find a net cafe here and there though just for you so keep on humming dudes ha ha ha

Fire away DGAF
Egos; everyone got one
I find it is easy to stand on the left side and push the bike upright with left hand using either the grab rail or the frame where the hump locks and having the rear stand in position with the right hand push it onto the lugs and push down to lift the bike, then the reverse to let it down making sure the stand is down and it's in gear, lift the rear stand up and let the bike back down on the side stand with your left hand - once you get used to it then it is easy from then on Pi_thumbsup

Cheers Ruffy