Anti smoking campaign.
I am not a smoker and never have been.(That maybe why others consider me to be rich)Lol3

However, and I'm being quite serious here, I have lost far too many friends to cancer. All but one was, or had been a smoker.
It really saddens me to hear of so many people much younger than myself passing away due to the death weed.

While we were at our Saturday coffee get together this morning one of the guys showed us his Nicobate pre quit patch that he reckons is doing a great job of helping him kick the habit.
It supplies him with a nicotene hit but still allows him to have a drag now and then without getting ill.
In the past week or so, he has only had 3 or 4 smokes out of a packet that he carries around and has not felt like lighting up for a day or two.

This may be the secret for you if you are finding it hard to break the habit.Pi_thumbsup

It occured to me that for couples who are trying to give up together, I have thought of the ideal solution.

NICOBATE CONDOMS!!

You both get your jollies and get a hit at the same time.- saving you the trouble of lighting up afterwards for that relaxing puff..
Coolsmiley
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Yep smoking is crap but I thought nicker bait was for putting in ya undies you know in ya nickers attracks the girls hence the name nicker bait.Lol2
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
NICOBATE CONDOMS book me in Busgo Icon_rolleyes
BUSGO Wrote:I am not a smoker and never have been.(That maybe why others consider me to be rich)Lol3

However, and I'm being quite serious here, I have lost far too many friends to cancer. All but one was, or had been a smoker.
It really saddens me to hear of so many people much younger than myself passing away due to the death weed.

While we were at our Saturday coffee get together this morning one of the guys showed us his Nicobate pre quit patch that he reckons is doing a great job of helping him kick the habit.
It supplies him with a nicotene hit but still allows him to have a drag now and then without getting ill.
In the past week or so, he has only had 3 or 4 smokes out of a packet that he carries around and has not felt like lighting up for a day or two.

This may be the secret for you if you are finding it hard to break the habit.Pi_thumbsup

It occured to me that for couples who are trying to give up together, I have thought of the ideal solution.

NICOBATE CONDOMS!!

You both get your jollies and get a hit at the same time.- saving you the trouble of lighting up afterwards for that relaxing puff..
Coolsmiley

It's amazing how many people still try to sell to the school kids.

My wife is the Tobacco Inspector for Monash City Council here in Melbourne. In the 18mths she's been in that position she's prosecuted 12 businesses for selling to underage people & also not following the advertising rules & regs.
And a further few more cafe's etc for allowing their customers to smoke inside & also for allowing their staff to smoke in the kitchen etc.

For any of you that know anything about local government, you'll know that a business has to be pretty bad to get as far as prosecution.

One cafe I had to laugh at.
My wife inspected the kitchen (of an operating cafe) & she found cig butts on the floor & in an ashtray on the counter.
The manager, trying to make an excuse & get out of a fine said,
"Oh they're really old. We just haven't cleaned up yet."
So my wife got the Health & Food Inspectors to drop around the next day. They shut the place down instantly due to unbelievably poor health condiitions in the food prep area.
[quote=Louwai]

As a 30 years smoker, I spent so many efforts giving up the demon Nick O Tene. 5 day plan, nickorettes, patches etc etc etc. I eventually found (my dear Mum) sent me to "Smoke Enders". Cost me $400 for the 7 session (I was smoking $300 a month at the time) course. They taught me how not to smoke. Thank f*** for that!
That was 7 years ago. I did have cravings but recognised them for what they were.

The long term ramifications for me are that as an Operational Safety Trainer at work (part time away from my normal duties) I run out of breath really quickly. It's a terrible feeling of gasping for air even though lots of breaths in and out happening, but no relief to the need for oxygen, so keep gasping for air until calming down and trying desperately to slow the breathing and stop the panic of not being able to get good air in my lungs. Usually only a 15 to 30 second "fight" and I'm totally f****d.
If you really want to experience this totally f****d up feeling of not being able to breath, keep smoking. If you want to beat it, and you have to want to, find Smoke Enders in your yellow pages. They might save you from a horrible death, while saving you a lot of dosh.

Max - never guess I'm a reformed smoker would youPi_thumbsup
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Madmax Wrote:[quote=Louwai]

I watched 2 of my uncles, who were smokers, die dreadful and horrible deaths gasping for air. You only have to see that and hope to God you've given up early enough to save yourself from such a horrible fate.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
I smoked for 17yrs. At least a pk a day. Usually more.

I haven't had a smoke now for 13yrs. Just gave up. full pack one day. 4 smokes next day. 2 smokes on the next. 1 smoke on the 3rd day & that was it. Haven't had one since.
SFun_kickingroin
Louwai Wrote:I smoked for 17yrs. At least a pk a day. Usually more.

I haven't had a smoke now for 13yrs. Just gave up. full pack one day. 4 smokes next day. 2 smokes on the next. 1 smoke on the 3rd day & that was it. Haven't had one since.

Hi Guys, I smoke, drink,and every thin else,and been smoking for
47years,and still going strong!!!! and still ride. WHATS YOUR PROB.
Oh well we all have to go sometime Violin but i have not had a smoke for about 8 years still now and then feel like one
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I smoked for 20 yrs 14-35.
Stopped when they banned it in the workplace.
Saw my cousin go a few yrs back. Not good at all.
Yes we all have to go some time but I can think of much easier ways of going.
If you can, stop it.
Its also a great feeling when you beat the smokes.
And a year down the track you wonder why you ever did it.
Don't miss em at all.
On the whole smoking thing --- i was behind a small car the other day at lights --- Mother of 3 - youngest looked about 6 months in the back --- Lights up a smoke in the car - no windows open - cabin fills up with smoke -- seen the eldest boy in front cough a little < now correct me if i am wrong - but there is a law against that right ???

wish i had a helmet cam - that footage would be straight to the police station - smoking in an enclosed space like that with kids , she may as well have lit 3 more up for the kids also ..... which she proberbly will do when they hit there teens ......

BusaBoc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
BusaBoc.
Its called ignorance.
I dont think there is a law against it at the moment
increase the risk, smoke and ride at the same time..

I know of a girl who works in a city motorbike shop that rides her scooter to work (R1 on the track) , smoking as she rides over the westgate.
[Image: bmr.gif]
mybb Wrote:increase the risk, smoke and ride at the same time..

I know of a girl who works in a city motorbike shop that rides her scooter to work (R1 on the track) , smoking as she rides over the westgate.

Most people that ride and smoke usually ride Honda goldwings right ??? dont they have ash trays as standard ;)

Boc
Pi_tongue
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
I'm trying to kick the nasty damn things myself at the moment. Have tried patches etc but to no avail. If I'm realistic with myself it also means no alcoholic drinks for a month or so until I get a handle on them.

Am reading the Allan Carr book at the moment. A mate gave it to me & it worked for him. Will keep you posted.