What engine oil do you recommend.
Hi all, as you can tell I am new in to membership today. I live on the northside of Brisbane and have a 2006. I am loooking for fellow Busa lovers to let me know their engine oil preference. hear from you soon....
Motul 3100 or 3400 gold with Ester so that the clutch works properly.
Others will recommend full synthetic but I don't until the bike as lots of ks on it. e.g. 50,000 +.
In any case whatever you use it must be suitable for wet clutches.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
now if u were in NSW i would recc. Oleon.
BUSGO Wrote:Motul 3100 or 3400 gold with Ester so that the clutch works properly.
Others will recommend full synthetic but I don't until the bike as lots of ks on it. e.g. 50,000 +.

50000 isn't lots of K's Bugso, its only just run in
kawasuki Wrote:Oleon.

+1Trophy
Pommie Wrote:
BUSGO Wrote:Motul 3100 or 3400 gold with Ester so that the clutch works properly.

50000 isn't lots of K's Bugso, its only just run in
+1
Dont forget the oil filter as well!
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
I was being conservative. I started on Synth at 75,000 on my 99.
I'm thinking of staying with Motul for the life of the K8.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
ELF synthetic oil

New design 100% synthetic lubricant for 4-stroke engines. For high endurance performance and power for your engine. Moto 4 XT Tech is a concentration of technology for optimum cleanliness of all parts of the engine and smooth and slick gear changes.

TECH products range

100% synthetic base
10W-50
100% PAO
JASO MA
API SG
Anti-clutch slippage
Very high endurance performance
IceBusa Wrote:ELF synthetic oil

New design 100% synthetic lubricant for 4-stroke engines. For high endurance performance and power for your engine. Moto 4 XT Tech is a concentration of technology for optimum cleanliness of all parts of the engine and smooth and slick gear changes.

TECH products range

100% synthetic base
10W-50
100% PAO
JASO MA
API SG
Anti-clutch slippage

Yu sound just like a salesman Lol3
Pommie Wrote:
IceBusa Wrote:ELF synthetic oil

TECH products range

100% synthetic base
10W-50
100% PAO
JASO MA
API SG
Anti-clutch slippage

Yu sound just like a salesman Lol3

Action-smiley-083Hmm but i am not salesmanLol2
Mate,

Any good quality oil as long as it meets the manufacturers specs. Synthetic only after 10,000k ( or is it 20k).

More important than which oil, is to change it as often as the manufacturer specs. There is no real advantage in, most cases, of chaning it more regularly.

Steventh
Ok so if I want to go synthetic do I need to flush out the old mineral type oil or do I simply pour in synthetic on the next oil change????
No need to flush. just regular change as modern Synthetics are fully compatible with non synthetics.
What ever oil as long as it isn't fully synthetic..Most of them contain additives that will make you clutch slipper.

You might notice some oils might work better with your engine but utterly any oil will protect you engine.
My own experiences after dozens of oil changes is that the oil that suzuki(or any manufacturer) recommends works just fine and lasts for more than 5000 kms if the use is normal.If you do track days and generally race the engine 5000 kms is just fine to replace the oil.

I was running my own 12 with a busted oil pump for several laps on the track plus the way back home....You would freak out if you would have seen how dark and sticky the oil was when it came out.Still the engine bearings/crank/rods where as new.

So take it easy and buy the brand you like the most!!Hay-abuse-a engines are bullet proof!