Programmer, ECU Interface, Suzuki Hayabusa 02-07
This may be of interest to some Gen1 owners

Suzuki Hayabusa 99-07 Programmer, ECU Interface, Suzuki Hayabusa 02-07
2002-2007

Would you like to tune your Hayabusa without the need for additional inline systems? What about adding race features that only aftermarket ECU's seem to offer? Then this may be your dream come true!

Your Suzuki Hayabusa 02-07 ECU has many racing ECU features built in, just waiting for you to tune. With this Programming Interface you can now utilize your bike to it's full capacity. This includes tuning the vacuum area maps, TPS maps, ignition maps, Ignition coil dwell time and adjusting the rev limiters making your engine run very smoothly when cruising, and put down as much safe hp to the ground as possible.

You can also view engine sensor data to ensure correct operation of vacuum, ambient air, temperature, tps and gear position with a laptop connected.

Previously all of this was available only for technical folks with a strong do it yourself ambition but by making this re-flashing interface for you we have tried to bring this new technology to everyone.

PetriK has blessed us with free software called ECUeditor which allows an enormous amount of tuning parameters, all with our stock 02-07 Hayabusa ECU. The software (beta version) is available for download HERE.

Disclaimer: The software is free of charge for any private person to test and use. At this stage there is continuous development of the software so come back often to get the latest version. Anyhow as there is no commercial interests involved we can not guarantee that it works and if there are any future improvements to it. This software is created just as a proof of concept to demonstrate that Hayabusa K2-K7 ecu is a full blown racing ecu and should be considered as one. Using tuning software like this may not only cause damage to your engine, to yourself but also violate your local emission laws. When taking this software in use for first time you are asked to accept these risks and liablities to yourself and grant the publisher a full indemnity against any losses.
Features:
View Engine Sensor data (like vacuum, GPS, TPS, etc. for error finding and monitoring) with a laptop connected (great for dyno tuning)
Change fuel maps (both IAP and TPS maps)
Unify the fuel maps of center and outer cylinders to same for all short velocity stacks
Change ignition maps (you can also add timing in the lower gears like a TRE does without messing up your gear based fuel curves)
Increase your factory rev limiter (current software supports up to 11,650 RPM)
Remove the 6th gear speed restriction with the click of a button
Change ram air compensation based on your gearing
Compensate for larger fuel injectors or higher fuel pressure for high hp applications
Increase ignition dwell time (turbo guys will like being able to open the plug gap back up some)
Disable IAT compensation for dyno testing
Turn your ECU into an ignition / fuel kill box for use with an air/co2 shifter (additional hardware required)
Control a shift light, or any RPM based output using the stock flapper valve circuit (additional hardware required)
Switch-able map selection for NOS, different turbo boost levels, fuel types etc (additional hardware required)
Share maps with people across the world and contribute to new exciting features constantly being introduced and implemented Help texts and on-line instructions for major functions
More accessory products will be available in the future.

Questions about this product? Click HERE

*NOTE: Schnitz Racing offers no tech support on mapping, adjusting or flashing the ECU. We offer the programmer only. Support can be found HERE. This is done at the users own risk and undesirable results can occur. Offroad, Race Use Only!

Schnitz Racing is offering a re-flash service for those who do not wish to do it themselves. We will raise the rev limiter, disable the 6th gear restriction, and increase spark output. Email for more information.

Item No. Item Amount Qty.
SCH3500 Programmer, ECU Interface, Suzuki Hayabusa 02-07 $179.95

Schnitz Motorsports Inc. - 222 N 3rd St - Decatur Indiana 46733 - 800.837.9730

http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catalo...id=5106177
I bought the rest of the components today to make the ECU flashing unit. So far it has cost me all of about $40 for the RS232 TTL converter from ebay.
Also a couple of LEDS, a plastic enclosure and 4 pole switch from Dick Smiths.
I will cut one of the many of USB cable I have sitting at home and use that to wire in from PC to converter.

I will see how I go putting it together and try at first to use the gauge function then flash the ECU later if I am comfortable that it works.

I didnt manage to kill my ECU before so there is still hope yet.Lol2
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
horndog Wrote:I bought the rest of the components today to make the ECU flashing unit. So far it has cost me all of about $40 for the RS232 TTL converter from ebay.
I will cut one of the many of USB cable I have sitting at home and use that to wire in from PC to converter.

I will see how I go putting it together and try at first to use the gauge function then flash the ECU later if I am comfortable that it works.

Did you manage to get a tune from an Australian ECU ?

I had been thinking of trying this my self but from what i read it's a little difficult to read the program (or .bin file) from the ECU and i am no expert with electronics .
A^K^T Wrote:
horndog Wrote:I bought the rest of the components today to make the ECU flashing unit. So far it has cost me all of about $40 for the RS232 TTL converter from ebay.

Did you manage to get a tune from an Australian ECU ?

I had been thinking of trying this my self but from what i read it's a little difficult to read the program (or .bin file) from the ECU and i am no expert with electronics .

I have not read the ECU and I probably wont bother. I was planning on trying the gauge function first to just read output from the ECU with the engine runnnig. Then if I was happy it was working then I would.
1. THink about extracting the Data from the ECU which means another interface.
2. Reflash it with U.S. or European map and hope for the best!
I have aussie and yank ecu's , they interchange on my bikes without any noticable difference but i can't put the US one on the tuneboy as it has the Dave O rev extend done which apparently changes its communication rate..
it may be that you can just load a US file in the aussie ecu, worst case will be an unusable ecu ......
Fellars not that I know a lot about all this stuff but I saw this Link on the Perth Street Bikers website the other day that might have some interest esepcially for 02-07 Busas and a range of other bikes.

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?f...=99460&p=1
so what about for an 08? id love to be able to mod it without a piggy back
Regards

Dan
For what it's worth, I work for a company that developes software tools to allow auto manufacturers to model and explore virtual ECUs and develop their target software. I'm neither an electrical nor a mechanical engineer so don't really understand alot about the entire process but I'd be interested in learning more about it.
Rev004 Wrote:Fellars not that I know a lot about all this stuff but I saw this Link on the Perth Street Bikers website the other day that might have some interest esepcially for 02-07 Busas and a range of other bikes.

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?f...=99460&p=1

This is where the product that Schnitz is selling originated from.
SteveV Wrote:For what it's worth, I work for a company that developes software tools to allow auto manufacturers to model and explore virtual ECUs and develop their target software. I'm neither an electrical nor a mechanical engineer so don't really understand alot about the entire process but I'd be interested in learning more about it.

There are some free or demo programs around for reading or changing the binary file that's been downloaded from an ECM , TunerPro is one that i have had a look at . It has a fairly good help section that explains some of the basics and it's a small and fairly easy to use program .

There's one called Enginuity that can be found here .

There's also one called Flashscan that has a demo version , it's for tuning cars but the basics are the same . link to download page (76 meg dowload)
I think they used enginuity (SP ??) to initially get access to the busa ecu, same programme used on Subaru's .
difficulty from what i understand is not accessing the binary code, but understanding which of the lines of code do what.
Maj Wrote:I think they used enginuity (SP ??) to initially get access to the busa ecu, same programme used on Subaru's .
difficulty from what i understand is not accessing the binary code, but understanding which of the lines of code do what.

Not only that but how to develop code to convert the airbox flapper solenoid to a shift light and so on. Very smart guys with some serious coding knowledge. On top of that they are offering it up for free.

Bless them........Smitten
Hey Guys,

The Serial interface on Petriks site works fine to flash the Aussie ECU from a 02 - 07 bike. I have done mine over 10 times trying different things.

Takes about 5 minutes to flash using FDT from clearing the ECU flash contents to downloading the new firmware.

My next step in the process is as I have all short stacks in my bike I will try the same maps across the cylinders to see if it improves throttle response.

Cheers

Shane
mmm.Me likes the sound of that.Very Happy
Hey,

Yes its straight forward using the serial interface as long as the RS232 is powered from an external source the VCC power from the ECU is not needed.

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?f...D=14784871

the first picture has the connection removed from the RS 232 device but in the link its still connected. This is the correct way to hook up the ecm-

Correct -
http://macmadigan.no-ip.com/Public/ECU/F...rammer.JPG

In the below image you can see the top wire VCC is connected this is WRONG

NOT Correct-
http://www.bikeland.info/petrik/FDT/haya...rammer.JPG

Cheers

Shane