Hair Dryers vs Overbore kits.
Hi there,

Last time I looked at S&R Pro's website, when it was working properly (Gotta hate those under construction signs, if it aint ready, dont put it up, go with a low tech version) and they were charging in the vicinity of $9500 fitted, with an intercooler. targetting 240HP or something like that. I'm a very technical person so would love to either (a) put the kit in myself, or (b) be a toolbag carrier for somebody who is putting the kit in for me. Then I know what's been done, and more importantly, why.

I'm about a year away from doing something really serious with the engine department on my bike, but will do pre work where possible. That engine management system that you are talking about sounds really good, with gear dependant boost control, mapping etc. When do they come out, if it's the same price as a PC3 and can be mapped on my lappy then I would be keen to go down this path. Where would a good place to find info be.

I think Shayne would be the best man to answer import questions. I import stuff into Australia but that's for my other hobby which doesnt really attract import duties.......yet!

Again, thanks for all your help people, I knew there were some people doing some serious stuff with their bikes but this topic has really opened it out to the masses. Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!<i></i>
Cheers, Pete
Mobile Dj, Web Design, Photography
Z Web World

Email:djpete@tpg.com.au
<i>Edited by: Djpete&nbsp; at: 20/8/05 4:17 pm
</i>
Well i reckon you blokes are the full toss.Why on earth would you want a 250hp + street bike?????
More money then scense if ya ask me.Just get out there and learn how to ride what you got properly first. Phuck its the phantom!<i></i>
Dont worry Fat Busa Racing, rocket is sitting in the corner on his pissant VFR750 watching us big boys play with our toys. Is this a penis measuring exercise.....yup. So lets measure.

Tuneboy software looks interesting, pity it's for slower bikes

Is there a Busa version coming out?

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!<i>Edited by: 1hotBUSA&nbsp; at: 20/8/05 5:25 pm
</i>
Graham, pm me your email and i'll send a copy of the engine manager software i used in march, so you can see what it does.
This is not the final version but will give you the idea (no gear based boost control or ign mapping)
Other stuff by Wayne here www.tuneboy.com.au <i></i>
Yeah i got plenty of maps here.Lets see,i have the melways,the readers digest great road atlas,the encylapedia brittanica world atlas and of course the good ol map of tassie. Phuck its the phantom!<i></i>
Rod some of us have reached the full potential of our

BIKES, I have gone a flat 10.000@141.5mph on a stock

all MOTOR Bike (No Gas). That is why some of us want to

step up, (Big Block) something like Gazz's bike for the

Drag strip. That's what I am trying to do

That's my 2 cents worth
<i></i>
Nobody did ask you Rocketman!

Now get back to your other girlie board!

Thanks for all the info guys. (Shane)

<i></i>
The title says it all really.
Gyddy,get back to shining your bling.
As i have said many times here before,i can understand guys who do mods for racing purposes,whether it be drags,salt flat racing or even road racing,but for the road,are you ever going to use all this power?Give me a brake.
I also like to ride my bike for more than 10 seconds at a time. Phuck its the phantom!<i></i>
Hi Rod,

Would you like a "brake" There's one in the VFR. People float their boat a bit differently, and we need to let GDY have his 40 shot of NOS so he can chrome the bottle.

I probably will only get the chance to build 1 ultimate bike in a lifetime, but if I do the second bike will either be a GSXR750 or a scooter!!! Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Rod you should get out to a National ANDRA meet

I've never had the Rush that I get from being on the

start line at the Winter Nats. There is nothing that comes

close to all the adrenalin that is pumping through your

body when you are sitting there on the start line ready

to go for your run, the grand stand is packed full the whole

way down the track and there is the hill that looks like

there is just enough room to stand and every eye is watching

just two bike's on the track and all you have to do to have

the best tme of your LIFE IS DROP THE CLUTCH

There isn't a drug in the world that can ever come close

to giving you that same high.

It's the best 10sec on EARTH

You have got to give it a go. It's the shit

<i></i>
As i said,i have no probs with guys who do big mods for racing circumstances,i can see the point,and if dragging is your bag,so be it.Its just i really cant see the point of a 250+hp bike on the road,lets face it can you use all the potential the std busa has on the road?If you say yes you are either a liar or you should be racing gp's,or you will end up a statistic in the paper.I ride a vfr,so what,i had a busa for a while and realised it was not the bike for me.I know that if people want a huge horsepower bike for the road that is their choice,my point is, you just cant use all this power so to me it is just a waist.
Like i have said before,its all about bragging rights and not what you can do with a bike. Phuck its the phantom!<i></i>
This topic must really hurt you Rocketman???

Can't you just let it go??? <i></i>
all this stress for a bloody hair dryer....
here....HAVE THE BLOODY THING!

Cheers,
Pete
Mobile Dj, Web Design, Photography, Bullshit Artist?
Z Web World

<i>Edited by: Djpete&nbsp; at: 21/8/05 9:01 am
</i>
The interesting thing here is that Rocket has stayed up well past his bedtime to post this, and GDY has apparently set the alarm clock really early just to get up and post this.
Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA