Pick her up tomorrow (hopefully)
Hello to all. From what I read here I am far from the only enlightened one able to see the virtues of such a magnificent bike. My name is Scott and I have owned an '83 Katana 1100 since '86 but it has been off the road for 5 years waiting for me to get around to rebuilding her. The rebuild isn't looking likely soon so time for a new bike while waiting and what better than the current day Katana!

If I can get there after work I should pick up my white 09 tomorrow - Can't wait. Test rode an '08 (and a '99 some years ago) and it fitted like a glove. Plenty of nice roads here on the Sunshine Coast too so I will see some of you there I bet.

Stay safe, see you out there.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
i really want one of those white/blue 09's what an awesome looking machine, with a set of carbon pipes it will look very nice indeed congratulations mate and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome and congrats Scott
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Thanks, I hope the storms here have cleared before I pick it up! Don't want to dirty it up on the first ride!
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Hey Bigfool - why not just go and buy one - a white gay one will suit you lol
Egos; everyone got one
busakid08 Wrote:Hey Bigfool - why not just go and buy one - a white gay one will suit you lol

mate i would if i could im only 17 and whats wrong with the white
Finally!!! I picked her up on Thursday - What a hassle to get to the shop on time! What a weapon. The weather here has been crap and with work I have only done 100k's. I walk past a carpark at the Royal Bris Hospital each day there was a red/black BUsa parked there for a few days. Nice, but frustrating while I was waiting to collect mine. Don't know who owns it or whether they are a member here. Glad now to be riding again. Hope my aging body can handle the riding position long term cause I'm loving it.
Champs Wrote:Hope my aging body can handle the riding position long term cause I'm loving it.

Codeine fixes the old aches and pains. I slipped trying to put the bike on the stand a week ago and layed it down. Didn't hurt the bike but in trying to stand it up again I ripped the muscles in my chest of my ribs, after a couple of little pills I dont feel a thing. I've had my busa for 2.5 weeks and Im used to the position already.
That sounds promising, apart from the torn chest bit. I'm an old katana rider but haven't been on it for 5 years so well out of practice and 5 years older to go with it. Time to hit the gym and get some back and neck muscles again. I will get some codeine as well (if the druggies have left any in the chemist for me)
Neurofen plus (12.5mg codeine) as well as iboprufen (which is great for inflammation) is an over the counter EXCELLENT pain relief, you can also get Panadine plus or 15 over the counter. same drugs as neurofen plus....

holding up the bike is a big ask on the wee little muscles (lol been there!)

Start small rides and work up to longer.

oh an instant relief is Difflam gel, rubbed on the sore muscles provides a nice relief from the sharp pains.
congratulations Champ on your new not so toy. expect a couple of weeks for body to shape in with bike, so expect a few sores here and there but know that it does go when used to it, took my aged bod 2 weeks to get used to posture coming from a tourer.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
congratulations champs,cant wait 2 post a new thread saying,just picked her up today,
cheers
born to be mild
You will get there King 62 but just remember to temper the enthusiasm when you hop on the first time - these things are weapons! You will love it - all the people here that say they get a thrill every time they hop on are right. There is something special about it.

Sorry of this makes it harder for you to wait until all the bikkies are in the jar!
9 years later and its still a thrill to get on it, no other bike has ever had that effect on me.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.