I pick mine up tomorrow!
Hi all!

I am about to pick up my 08 black Busa tomorrow and thought I would say hi to you all!

I bought it off a member here, Dirty Dog, who's gonna miss it real quick - especially as I live just up the road from him and am going to do a few low level passes by his house every so often!

It's my first Suzuki, although my wife has a brand spankers GS500F that I got her last week. I've had a range of bikes in the last few years - Yamaha XV1000, Honda VTR1000 and my current ride is a Kwaka Z1000 - and it's taken me a few years to get to a Busa but I knew it would happen eventually and here I am.

The Zed is quite a nice bike to ride and I will miss it but after a short demo ride at a dealer and a longer "trial" ride on Dirtys bike I am converted. That smooth power delivery is fantastic and the brakes are much better than the Zed. The handling is a lot different, but it is a different bike so it will just take some getting used to! The Z was set up for "urban" riding - very fast gearing (shite top end) flat bars and very hard suspension...cool to ride and commute but a as a long ride bike it was utter crap with the gearing and the buzzing of the engine was annoying! 130kmph was about 5500 rpm in 6th gear!! Idiot2

I was actually very close to buying a B King (which I've lusted over for a while now) and said that if I got the chance I would get one but when I got the chance to actually buy one I hesitated as the pillion perch is pretty crap and the fuel economy is even worse than my Zed....so after a lot of umming and errrrring I decided on the Busa, even though I really like the looks of the B King. And in the end I still got the same engine of course!

The final straw is that Dirtys was, and excuse the pun, dirt cheap... 5000k, Racefit growler pipes, pazzo levers, fender eliminator and accessories all for a very reasonable price. I think his missus was on him to sell it and I was the only person who had shown any interest at all. Which was surprising as he had it for about $6k cheaper than a new 08 unit on the road with all of the bits!

He's had a few small dramas with it but fixed everything really well and there was nothing I was worried about in the end - so now she's mine!

Anyway, I don't have any pics of it yet but will post some as soon I take some at my place. I have some of his pics but I'll wait until I have my own done! Just imagine a black/charcoal model with race fit carbons and everything else pretty stock! For now that is!!

Cheers,

Lawrence
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you got a nice one there, but then again they are all nice!

Get some pics up.
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Welcome Lawrence .
Photobucket
Welcome mate,
you'll love the power and comfort of the Busa over the Z'd
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa