It's arrived
You NEED to give a ride report and comparison about your first outing. And don't leave nuthin' out.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Agreed.
Hope all is ok.
A bit quite.
Too much happening at home with the reconstruction. Grollo's not long gone with the final clean up, the drainers just about finished, so soon i'll be able to lay a cable & push a button.That's sure going to beat shitting in a bucket & hanging the old fella over the balcony for a wizz, people are starting to ask," what's that terrible smell." My brickie has started on the weekends for a while & i still have my carport & sheds to be replaced. At the moment I am working on getting my tanks hooked up to get some water in them before summer gets here. Its going ok but insurance isn't settled yet either.The bikes not going anywhere just waiting for a nice day & a bit of time. Plus i've just got my brief back after a months suspension & the points are adding up. It will happen and i'll let you know.
(10-08-2009, 09:14pm)arthur dunga Wrote: so soon i'll be able to lay a cable & push a button.That's sure going to beat shitting in a bucket & hanging the old fella over the balcony for a wizz
Roll
Good to hear everything is ok...Pi_thumbsup
Finally went for a test fang late this arvo.Well how'd it go,rides around town under 5g like a n\a busa,sweet as, not a problem, but wind the throttle on after that & mother of jesus i had trouble staying in the seat . I won't be totally comfortable untill i fit one of those seats to stop that. As it starts to spool things start to happen very very quick, i sorta found it a bit like a two stroke power band, but not savage, mind you, i wasn't being heavy fisted with the throttle, but, still felt i was getting wheel spin. I like twisties & was worried how that would go but i think it's going to be ok. The lag is going to take me a little to ajust too but i don't see it as being a problem, it will take time to learn how to ride. In a way the bike felt lighter , it seemed to move the mass with less effort, more like a litre bike.
Speeds & revs i couldn't tell you, but both needles were moving quicker than i've experienced ever before.As i ride more i'll post more imfo as to how i find it. Am i happy ,my oath i am.
(05-09-2009, 10:59pm)arthur dunga Wrote: Finally went for a test fang late this arvo.Well how'd it go,rides around town under 5g like a n\a busa,sweet as, not a problem, but wind the throttle on after that & mother of jesus i had trouble staying in the seat . I won't be totally comfortable untill i fit one of those seats to stop that. As it starts to spool things start to happen very very quick, i sorta found it a bit like a two stroke power band, but not savage, mind you, i wasn't being heavy fisted with the throttle, but, still felt i was getting wheel spin. I like twisties & was worried how that would go but i think it's going to be ok. The lag is going to take me a little to ajust too but i don't see it as being a problem, it will take time to learn how to ride. In a way the bike felt lighter , it seemed to move the mass with less effort, more like a litre bike.
Speeds & revs i couldn't tell you, but both needles were moving quicker than i've experienced ever before.As i ride more i'll post more imfo as to how i find it. Am i happy ,my oath i am.
Now you have tasted blood :) Trophy
sounds like a huge success congrats mate and throw some pics up of the finished product!
Hi Arthur
If the story is correct, apparently Im the new owner. And we are trying to look after it.
I must be a greedy pig. To me the bike to me rides like a stock bike. Just a shit load quicker. I'm sorry to hear about the stuff you all went through down there. I suppose otherwise you would still be enjoy the missile.
Im introducing a new generation of Busa nut though. So all is not lost. My son will soon join the fold after tasting the beast. He was 17 on his first 180kmh wheelie. He is now addicted. And as we all know there are only 6 gears to recovery. We are going to take it up to the Bedourie clay pan in August. You would be welcome to join and ride it if you chose. Sincerely.

The Goat.
Party-smiley-018 When your not Racing, your only waiting!
Black 13 & myself stayed with Dave on the way home from Tathra 2009 & That thing fly's .You'd want to trust your young bloke on it .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Ahhh.....was wondering where arthur dunga's missile ended up!!! Undecided

Congrats goat Pi_thumbsup....there were a fair few here (myself included) that were seriously contemplating snapping that one up!!

Awwwhhhh.....the ones that get away Violin, ya never ever forget about 'em! Smitten

Coolsmiley
(09-06-2012, 07:25pm)the goat Wrote: I must be a greedy pig. To me the bike to me rides like a stock bike.

You're spot-on Goatie. Arthur's old turbo Busa is rubbish. It's not even faster. He just tampered with the speedo! After you're done up in the clay I'll swap it for my stock 99er if you like Pi_tongue

(09-06-2012, 09:23pm)pan Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 07:25pm)the goat Wrote: I must be a greedy pig. To me the bike to me rides like a stock bike.
You're spot-on Goatie. Arthur's old turbo Busa is rubbish. It's not even faster. He just tampered with the speedo! After you're done up in the clay I'll swap it for my stock 99er if you like Pi_tongue

Roll
Hi there Goat , not sure if it is my old bike , i though it may have been but i,ve since heard it's still in Vic . Be good to run on the clay thanks for the offer ,and about that man Pan be wary, he could be telling porky pies or using some sort of reverse physc to get your busa . Good luck
Good to see your still dropping in occasionally David
Sounds like its yours , previous owner rang me several times talking about changing a few things but never happened
Looks like she is in good hands
Good to know your still around Dave & All the best Mate .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here