gen 2 draggers
just curious on which members have raced there gen 2 other than

simmo
streeter
myself
timf
rapid/youngblood

maybe blackzook by now

just to exchange findings,different setups.

i know that streeter is more than happy to share info but if there are others it would be good as i find the us sites always appear to run extended bikes(especially on there forums)

for the gen 1 there is a wealth of information available and it would be appreciated if we can make use of the extra torque from the factory to assist us down the strip. I also know that the bike has only been out just over a year.

bit like the turbo talk section we could maybe pin it in the gen 2 section and this could not only apply to draggers but twisties,suspension settings etc.

just a thought to help us all go a little quicker but not buy the wrong gear. ie is a X-TRE or the like worth the spend?
ive raced mine (not telling you times there embarrassing) all stock and i found i did nothing but stare at the sky for the first half of the track then i couldnt get traction the second half of the track! but it was a crappy track so ohwell. so far my stock apart from a strap and lowering bones 99 model was faster than my 08 by 7 tenths but i never lowered my 08 or touched suspension and i had a bit more practise on the 99 compared to the 08. doesnt help i know but ohwell
Regards

Dan
Dan85 Wrote:ive raced mine (not telling you times there embarrassing) all stock and i found i did nothing but stare at the sky for the first half of the track then i couldnt get traction the second half of the track! but it was a crappy track so ohwell. so far my stock apart from a strap and lowering bones 99 model was faster than my 08 by 7 tenths but i never lowered my 08 or touched suspension and i had a bit more practise on the 99 compared to the 08. doesnt help i know but ohwell

Blackzook
Pete ev Qld
Owen from Western Penrith on a K9 ran 10.4s dead stock demo
We have a LE at wsid can't remember his name
Rapid have had a lot of riders on there K8
keep em coming guys.

dan you can do much better. get back out there!
REVIT13 Wrote:keep em coming guys.

dan you can do much better. get back out there!

no drag strip in this f*&^ing town! closest one is 3 hours away
Regards

Dan
As I was saying to Ian I am using 5 Gears on my K8 at the moment to test it out.

A 49T rear gives 2.72 ratio which gets it right up there in 5th at the finish line. Also gives you max wheelbase with a few links added.

A 45 will give you max wheelbase with 2 links added as well and is spot on for 4 gears. 2.5 ratio.

With the front strapped and rear lowered, 3 clicks softer on both compress and rebound from standard with the 2.72 ratio and leaving at 5000rpm it really feels nice. Thats with the BTL removed but no clutch cushion. Have spaced the springs up 3 mil for a little more pressure as well.

Without really trying to overide it the 60 foot times were all between 1.59 and 1.62 and ran 40's within 3 hundreths of each other in 6 passes. Perfect for bracket racing with a few lights put with it.

The horsepower wasn't there as it was down about 2-3 mph at half track and ran a best of 150.01 at the end. Was still coming home pretty strong.

For me with some more time with that set up I reckon it will have its best chance to run its quickest with my style of riding.

With the 2.5 ratio I was leaving at 6500rpm to get it moving with more clutch slide so the engine wouldn't try and lay over cause thats when it will wheelstand straight away.

Both good ratio's for dragging I found but the 2.72 will save the clutch more.

Cheers.
Hey Simmo how is your weapon going mate.
GREAT INFO PETE.

MOST HELPFUL AND THANKS FOR SHARING.

I have found that i have lowered my launch rpm to between 5-5500 rpm with a best 60ft of 1.68 as i seem to now get off the clutch a little earlier. i was 6k+ before but was not getting 1.6x 60's must be the tall std gearing and me not letting go with the higher rpm launch.

will build up from there with confidence.

SIMMO HIT A ROO BUT IS OK ACCORDING TO HIS FRI NIGHT POST!

Yet to get over 145 mph.
REVIT13 Wrote:SIMMO HIT A ROO BUT IS OK ACCORDING TO HIS FRI NIGHT POST!

Shit! That could hurt.

Yeah you got it going well Ian. Quicker all the time.

Cheers mate.
bad luck simmo hope the busa is up and running soon!
3 gen 2's here in wa. 2 blue and 1 orange.

apparently there was a grey black last night at the wed night street meet. please intro yourself.
god im jealous of you bastards that leave near a drag strip. id be there every time it was open if there was one in canberra
Regards

Dan
you need to relocate dan, i know i would just to get a drag racing fix.
Streeter. Wrote:Hey Simmo how is your weapon going mate.

Good Peter same as you trying different gearing & stuff, I have gone 3 up on the back for tonight for the first time, but we maybe in for Storm

The roo came of worse for wear I keep the bike up somehow I almost over the handle bars (I had a good look at the sucker as he went partly under the front wheel), It just popped part of the side fairing off, I just clipped back into place later & a few more small scratches, I just had a change of undies at the next stop & all was good :biker
:
REVIT13 Wrote:you need to relocate dan, i know i would just to get a drag racing fix.

unfortnately i cant really relocate unless work does at the moment. theres only a handful of people that currently do the stuff my work is training me to do and unfortunatly none of the other people that can do it have a business they just work as consultants when they need some money:( ideally id like to be living somewere near the start line of a drag strip but ohwell
Regards

Dan